Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #121
BuckeyeBama
DIS Veteran

Disney would not be issuing these folks "extra" FP+, so it would not effect the pool. They would just be using the same FP+ several times. Is that right?
BuckeyeBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:09 PM   #122
ArwenMarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBama View Post
Disney would not be issuing these folks "extra" FP+, so it would not effect the pool. They would just be using the same FP+ several times. Is that right?
I don't think so but maybe I am not understanding it right.
ArwenMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #123
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody5 View Post
So I currently have a five night package booked and linked to to my disney experience. It now looks that I will be arriving a day earlier. If I make a room only reservation and don't link it am I correct in saying that I would then have two sets of magic bands? I could go ahead and make fp+ with the tickets attached and then use the magic bands from the room only reservation to get additional fast passes at the kiosk? I am not too concerned about getting headliners with the additional ones but using them for character meets.
If things don't change before you arrive, what you described is what the system allows.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #124
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBama View Post
You can't use the same FP+ more than once. The kiosks allow you to make separate sets of FP+ on different media (either unlinked MBs or unlinked park tickets).
Old 03-10-2014, 02:21 AM   #125
ckelly14
Lurker

Question for anyone that has used a ticket (not MB) at a Kiosk to make same day FP+ reservations: Do you input any identifying information (for example, email) into the computer, or do you just swipe the card? I find this thread fascinating because it suggests something about the underlying technology that I never knew. I always assumed that FP+ was linked somehow to the ticket information. However, this loophole suggests that FP+ are linked to MDE account, regardless of ticket media being present.

The theoretical question would be, if you made 60 day FP+ advanced reservations, but were somehow able to "unlink" your ticket, would the FP+ remain?

Better yet, I am starting out my stay in June with one day at the Beach Club, in order to receive 60 day advanced FP+ reservations for my entire stay at Disney (1 day Beach club, 5 days Dolphin) I have tickets linked.

Let's say I make my FP+ reservations then cancel my onsite stay. What happens? Are the FP+ reservations still there? What if I then re-booked another onsite reservation under a different e-mail? Would I be able to make same day FP+ with the magic bands I received from that reservation?

Crazy possibilities. Of course, not that I will be doing this...

Last edited by ckelly14; 03-10-2014 at 02:35 AM.
ckelly14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:38 AM   #126
VegasVic14
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapYap View Post
Making FP+ changes is a headache no matter what. And it is going to be worse with multiple sets.
Sez the guy who is still advocating having half a dozen bands per person.
VegasVic14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #127
smbowtie
Been there done that, gonna do it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTER View Post
You said it.

Come on, people. Play fair. Be honest. Stop trying to cheat the system.
Sounds like a bunch of lawyers on here. It should be called "How to exploit a loop hole". People trying to get one up on the next guy. Why can't we all play fair.

Last visit Feb 2014 POFQ
smbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #128
Tramp68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbowtie View Post
Sounds like a bunch of lawyers on here. It should be called "How to exploit a loop hole". People trying to get one up on the next guy. Why can't we all play fair.
Because we all want what everyone else has. We also want to provide the best vacation we can for ourselves (or kids)

We are feeling that Disney is not the place it used to be and we will do anything to get that feeling back. Even if it means lowering ourselves to do it...

(I am guilty of it as well)
OKW Nov 2002
OKW Feb 2005
OKW July 2007 (3 weeks)
AKV April 2008
FWC Aug 2010 (1 month)
AKV July 2011 (1 month)
OKW Dec 2013

Member OKW 1998 (55pts woo-hoo)
Member SSR 2005
Add-on SSR 2007
Add-on SSR 2010
Add-on BWV 2013
Tramp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:21 AM   #129
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbowtie View Post
If I cant get my fastpass + selections I want I'm going to blame it on the Disboard cheaters

maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:08 PM   #130
5Hfan
Mouseketeer

This thread is appalling!
5Hfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:27 PM   #131
karebear06
DIS Veteran

Is it not against DIS policy to discuss cheating the system?

This is ridiculous especially if you are playing the free speech card. I can say a lot of things because of "free speech" but it doesn't make it right.

This thread should have been closed a long time ago.
karebear06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:25 PM   #132
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear06 View Post

This is ridiculous especially if you are playing the free speech card. I can say a lot of things because of "free speech" but it doesn't make it right.

The "loophole" is what the system allows. The only thing you need to do to use it is not take the step of linking your ticket to your MDE. Disney does not currently require guests to link ticket info to MDE.

I'm not advocating that guests use the loophole. I'm just talking about its existence and our experience with it. It definitely complicates your touring. And you lose FP+ advance reservations (which can only be made if you *do* link your tickets to your MDE). But the system does allow multiple sets of FP+ (only the ones made at the kiosks -- you must give up the chance to use FP+ advance bookings) right now and some people might want to know what the system allows. Everyone is entitled to interpret the allowed uses of the system as they see fit.

Plenty of people are already doing this and would probably not like to see it discussed on a forum. Disney knows that people are doing it. They will close the loophole (possibly very soon) when they choose to do so.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #133
MakiraMarlena
It's a big black fish to you

Quote:
The constitutional right to free speech doesn't apply to a privately owned internet message board anyway. It applies to the government, not a private venture.
MakiraMarlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #134
JohnneeO
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear06 View Post

As far as I understand it, it is the DIS "policy" to make a personal declaration anytime a suggested or actual strategy violates your own personal moral code. I think that is the "standard" that is usually applied here, as what is "cheating the system" to one DISer is sometimes just a "strategy" to another DISer.

We all come to the DIS looking to maximize the value of the time and money we are spending (or are considering spending) at WDW, and threads like this provide opportunity for that.

At a higher level, we are all sharing ideas and experiences, and I, for one, am grateful that the OP has seen fit to share her experiences here.
JohnneeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:32 PM   #135
Roxylovesbears69
Earning My Ears

Question

If I go June 13- 17 and get a set of MB from camp site. Link tickets and use all tickets and FP+ reservation by June 17th Then I have another set of MB for BCR resort from June 18 to June 27th with FP+ reservations. Can I take my 1st set of MB's to a kiosk on June 18 and get a set of FP+ reservations? Both on separate name and separate MDE online accounts.
Roxylovesbears69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: