Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 11:43 AM   #106
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
Not that I'm putting a stamp of approval on what the OP is suggesting, but how is this any different from the FP- method whereby arriving mid-morning pretty much guaranteed that certain headliners would already be out of FPs for the day because people who knew how to work the system had already gotten there first?

No system is going to be without flaws and there will always be people who find ways to use it to their advantage somehow. The OP has pointed out a loophole which is big enough to drive a Mack truck through and it will certainly have a way of skewing the data Disney is trying to collect during this phase of "testing". I wouldn't be surprised if it got closed pretty quickly.
All around very good point.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #107
limabeanmom2003
DIS Veteran

Am I understanding this correctly? We have a trip booked for May. We will get new magic bands for that trip, but we have two sets of magic bands from previous trips. We are going to make FP+ selections on the new bands they send us, but the bands from previous trips can be taken into the park and used to get kiosk FPs?
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2014, 11:57 AM   #108
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post
I know we are all reading these forums to get insider information. But something about this seems shady and wrong. When I read this I don't see it as working around an unfair system. I see it as taking away from other families. I don't know I wouldn't feel right about doing this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
I agree it would be cheating other people out of fastpass + selections if alot of people begin doing this. I would feel like a crook doing this lol
So much for them getting rid of FP- to make the system more equally advantageous for everyone. If there are loopholes, people will find them and use them, and we all know Disney is great at loopholes.

ETA: Disney did not say that by the way. People who disliked FP- did.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:57 PM   #109
covington
Earning My Ears

I have AP's which are linked to my MDE account. Does this mean I can't take advantage of this "perk?" If it does count me out for this trip can I make it work for a different trip?

Can I "unlink" the passes?
covington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:02 PM   #110
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by limabeanmom2003 View Post
Am I understanding this correctly? We have a trip booked for May. We will get new magic bands for that trip, but we have two sets of magic bands from previous trips. We are going to make FP+ selections on the new bands they send us, but the bands from previous trips can be taken into the park and used to get kiosk FPs?
If your old sets of MBs from previous trips were linked to your tickets (which they would have been if you made FP+ online in advance for those trips) -- and if you have the same tickets now to which you will link the new bands -- then the loophole will probably not work. The old bands will work. But all the bands linked to the same tickets will presumably direct back to the same MDE account.

There is a good chance that ticket media will have to be activated at entry before it can be used at the FP+ kiosks.

Making your FP+ in advance online has lots of advantages -- you get your first choice of attractions, you party can all stay together.

And maybe, by May, they will have increased the number of FP+ that you can get each day. Three is not enough. Using the loophole feels like taking back something that Disney was wrong in taking from us when they replaced FP-. It really bothers me that FP+ has created long stand-by lines on attractions that used to be walk-ons (or near walk-ons).

However, it also makes sense to have the opinion that the loophole is taking something away from other guests. (Though most guests are doing FP+ in advance.) The water is a little muddy and the distintinction between the spirit or the law and the letter of the law are areas where good people may disagree.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:05 PM   #111
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by covington View Post
I have AP's which are linked to my MDE account. Does this mean I can't take advantage of this "perk?" If it does count me out for this trip can I make it work for a different trip?

Can I "unlink" the passes?
I don't think you can unlink if you've already made a reservation under that MDE. But the loophole will probably close and it means giving up FP+ advance reservations. It's not a great loophole.

However, if you make a reservation under a different MDE (that is not linked to your APs), you could give the loophole a try.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:10 PM   #112
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile ** AN ObSERVATION FROM AN OUTSIDER **

No - I do not own a cell phone, don't have a twitter account, don't have an I-Pad either -

Nor a Nook, etc.

1) Yet, it is truely quite comical to see all of you desperately attempting to "beat the FP+, etc system" due to your obvious disdain for the new set of rules that are being implemented.

I have scanned or even read multiple threads recently that have carried the same theme - just varying ever so slightly to the same theme:

THE NEW DISNEY SYSTEM STINKS -

From people attempting to obtain 30+ FPs in one visit to people still attempting to obtain free soft drink refills.........

Me thinks all of you need to listen to Disney's hit song from their movie, "Frozen" and.......

LET IT GO.

Some kind food for thought Folks.

ME?
No, I am not adverse to this new Park technology -
But
I am a Rope Dropper, am only interested in certain Park attractions, have a pre-set "buying list" of things I want to purchase while on vacation and am a Solo traveler -
Yet, I am usually in the Parks (Park Hopper) from 8am to 5pm............
then dinner ressies, etc outside the parks after 5pm (I rarely watch the Fireworks shows).

So, with the new system - if that means that I am in the park from 9am to 1pm.........then leave (since my FP are used up) .........
GUESS WHAT??

that means I leave and go say to DNTWN DISNEY
or to POFQ and chill out over a few Ritas by the pool, etc.

OR.........go back to hotel......
crash for a few hours -

then get up and go back to park to watch Fireworks.

2) NOW......to those trying to still obtain "Free Refills."

Please look at (page 9 on) my below listed "San Fran, Rose Bowl " blog listed in my signature and there you will see my "Before and After pics" as I have recently lost 104 POUNDS!!

So I ask.......Is is really all that necessary to be that aggressive in putting yourself one step closer to Angioplasty surgery??

AGAIN - some kind food for thought here Folks.

So with that being said.......

Disney's new set of rules is what it is -
If I do not like it, I can GO ELSEWHERE.

-JUST A SUGGESTION TO THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE THEIR NEW SYSTEM -

OK.......rant over.

Thank You.

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers Y'all

"MY VERY 1ST TRIP 2 WDW / DISNEY WONDER" 01-07-09 to 01-15-09 (w/pics & video)
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2062857
MY ADVENTURES by Disney "Spirit of America" Sept 2009 trip report ...
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2201584 - Cached
MY ADVENTURES by Disney "Spirit of America" Sept 2009 Trip Report (w/pics & video)
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....errerid=208040
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2016

Last edited by knewton64; 03-08-2014 at 02:23 PM.
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:19 PM   #113
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I've heard they may sell them to offsite guests, but I don't believe they would ever charge onsite guests for them. It just doesn't make sense since they're what onsite guests are now using in place of KTTW cards.
I am with you, they will not charge you for MB with a Disney hotel reservation. I also believe that a MB will be included with the purchase price of an AP. Charging (making it very optional) would completely negate the entire purpose of the MM+ plan! Their goal is to get them on every arm possible.

Based on what has been published they will offer them to offsite guests to purchase AND if a guest or AP holder loses theirs (during their stay or within the AP time period) then they will be charged for a replacement just like you have to pay for a TIW replacement.

And bottom line, asking a CM a question about anything happening in the future is pure guessing on their part.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #114
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapYap View Post
Using the loophole feels like taking back something that Disney was wrong in taking from us when they replaced FP-..
Wow this reads really badly. You are giving the impression that your civil liberties are being treaded upon. FP is a perk not an unalienable right. We all get upset about not being able to do what we like. Businesses change. The grocery store stops carrying a brand I like to buy. A restaurant I like closes. My insurance rates go up. I don't feel the need to cheat to get things back to the way the I liked them. I act like an adult and take my business some where else.
Old 03-08-2014, 02:47 PM   #115
knewton64
If it is "5 o'clock somewhere," does that mean it can be 5 o'clock anywhere and all the time?

Smile ** KIND FOOD 4 THOUGHT - PaRT TWO **

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post
Wow this reads really badly. You are giving the impression that your civil liberties are being treaded upon. FP is a perk not an unalienable right. We all get upset about not being able to do what we like. Businesses change. The grocery store stops carrying a brand I like to buy. A restaurant I like closes. My insurance rates go up. I don't feel the need to cheat to get things back to the way the I liked them. I act like an adult and take my business some where else.

EX: When DCL "took away" free soft drink refills a few yrs ago, was I mad?
YES -

I mean,
Here I am now unable to use my "54 ounce WWF 7-Eleven Slurpee Mug..." -
(GAG!! NOW THAT'S A BAD VISUAL BRINGING THAT ONTO A DCL VACATION!) -

...when it came to slugging down my daily liquid sugar intake.
But ya know what?

It's DISney's Ship and they can do with it whatever they want with it and it's up to me to abide by their rules or go elsewhere.

P.S. My WWF Slurpee mug STILL sits in my kitchen cabinets - not used in quite a long time and now I mostly drink Vitamin Water or just plain water and haven't looked back.
And to think....I shudder to just imagine what I looked like lugging that Mug around like that on a WDW or DCL Property - lookin' like some Elmo & Patsy backup singer.

NOW?
And I am 104 pounds lighter......

- AND LUVIN EVERY MINUTE OF IT.

T.T.F.N.
& Cheers Y'all

"MY VERY 1ST TRIP 2 WDW / DISNEY WONDER" 01-07-09 to 01-15-09 (w/pics & video)
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2062857
MY ADVENTURES by Disney "Spirit of America" Sept 2009 trip report ...
www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2201584 - Cached
MY ADVENTURES by Disney "Spirit of America" Sept 2009 Trip Report (w/pics & video)
My "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" - TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video) -http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N HAWAII" -October 2011 trip report (w/pics & video)- http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2&referrerid=0
My "IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE N KEY WEST, COZUMEL & G CAYMAN DCL TRIP REPORT; JAN'12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N NEW YORK CITY" TRIP REPORT; SEPT '12 (w/pics & video)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL, ROSE BOWL PARADE & COASTAL CALIFORNIA" TRIP REPORT (w/pics & video)- DEC '13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7&referrerid=0
MY "ADVENTURES N ENGLAND, SCOTLAND & WALES" TRIP REPORT - August '14 (w/pics & video)
MY "ADVENTURES N DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED SO CAL STUFF" PRE-TRIPPY REPORT; CHRISTMAS / NYE 2016

Last edited by knewton64; 03-08-2014 at 03:04 PM.
knewton64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:23 PM   #116
mavadell
Mouseketeer

Inalienable
mavadell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:28 PM   #117
woody5
Mouseketeer

So I currently have a five night package booked and linked to to my disney experience. It now looks that I will be arriving a day earlier. If I make a room only reservation and don't link it am I correct in saying that I would then have two sets of magic bands? I could go ahead and make fp+ with the tickets attached and then use the magic bands from the room only reservation to get additional fast passes at the kiosk? I am not too concerned about getting headliners with the additional ones but using them for character meets.
woody5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:38 PM   #118
M5ward
When You Wish Upon A Star...

Gotta love a cheater...or, from the posts in this thread, a bunch of cheaters.
You aren't hurting Disney, but you are affecting the people who won't be able to get any FP+s because you gamed the system.

Nov., 1981 (CR),Nov., 1983 (CR),Dec., 1994 (off-site),Jan., 2005 (BWI), March, 2006 (BWI), Jan., 2007 (SSR), Nov., 2007 (SSR), Feb., 2008 (BWV), Oct., 2008 (OKW), Jan., 2009 (BWV),Oct., 2009 (BCV), Jan., 2010 (BWV), Oct., 2010 (OKW),Jan., 2011 (BWV), Nov., 2011 (OKW)
Jan., 2012 (BLT),Apr., 2012 (BWV)Nov./Dec.,2012 (BWV), Jan, 2013 (BLT), , Apr, 2013 (BCV)Oct2013(BWV)
M5ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #119
mavadell
Mouseketeer

How about if you bring family members old magic bands? We took a trip in Nov. with family, but are returning without them in May. They have a separate MDE account. Can we make our FP+ 60 days out and bring their bands with us to the parks and make additional FP+reservations at the kiosks with the extra bands?
mavadell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:30 PM   #120
WINTER
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5ward View Post
Gotta love a cheater...or, from the posts in this thread, a bunch of cheaters.
You aren't hurting Disney, but you are affecting the people who won't be able to get any FP+s because you gamed the system.
You said it.

Come on, people. Play fair. Be honest. Stop trying to cheat the system.
15 trips stayed off site; '87 Viscount (DTD); '89 Howard Johnson (DTD); '95 Travelodge (DTD); '96 CBR; '05, '06, '09, '10 Pop Century; '07 Royal Plaza (DTD); 6/11 W/L; 5/12 POR; 7/12 BW Plus Park Place Inn at D'Land; 6/13 D'Land BW Plus Park Place Inn; 7/13 W/L; 10/13 Bonnet Creek; 7/14 CR TPV. ]

WINTER is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: