Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 10:33 PM   #91
jghart22
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7

Can anyone answer how this would work? I have a campsite booked with 8 adults and 2 children under three years old. They all show up with their magic bands under the reservation on MDE. However, only 3 adults of the 8 have tickets linked for fastpass plus advanced booking. The other five will arrive later in the trip. Does that mean that the other five magic bands can be used to book additional FP in the park at a kiosk if we carried their bands with us? Also, since the children under 3 don't have tickets linked can we use their bands to make additional FP bookings in the park at the kiosks.
jghart22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:53 PM   #92
mjr0483
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Westampton, NJ
Posts: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozengurl View Post
I'm so confused! I had to link my AP to MDX to prove I had tix to even select FP+! I do have MB from my October trip and 3 more scheduled for April, May, and again in October! How would I use all those to get extra FP?
Also, I can make FP ressies everyday for 60 days even if I'm not planning on going to the parks... I guess bc of AP
I was in the same situation. I booked my reservations was fully intending to purchase annual passes when I arrived onsite. I was watching the days tick down to when I could make FP+ reservations with my MDE. When the day came I was stuck in a never ending loop. Do you have tickets, yes, link them here, no, send you to a link to buy tickets. I had to purchase AP and call to get them linked because it wasn't even working.
mjr0483 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-08-2014, 12:27 AM   #93
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 135

When you use one of the 10 magic bands at the park kiosks, you'll be offered FP+ for all 10 people. (And the FPs will automatically load into the account that the bands are connected to -- so each band will get the FPs though you only scan one.)

If you try to make them for all 10 at once, you might have trouble getting good choices due to availability issues. So try making for just a few people at a time and see if that makes a difference. The MBs can be used by anyone in the group. Anyone in the party can use the babies' MBs (since the babies won't need them for FP+ admission).

Note that you will need all 10 MBs with you in the park. While the information for everyone is stored on each band associated with the reservation (and only one band is needed to make changes for the whole group at a kiosk), each band can only be used for one of the three FP assignments at a time. (You can't use the same band to re-enter for a FP assignment -- each of the 10 bands can only be used one time for each of the three assignments.)

Meanwhile, you have separate park tickets for 5 adults that will give you a separate set of FPs.

Again, this could all change at any time if they require the MBs to be activated at park entry (which means they have to be connected to a ticket).


Quote:
Originally Posted by jghart22 View Post
Can anyone answer how this would work? I have a campsite booked with 8 adults and 2 children under three years old. They all show up with their magic bands under the reservation on MDE. However, only 3 adults of the 8 have tickets linked for fastpass plus advanced booking. The other five will arrive later in the trip. Does that mean that the other five magic bands can be used to book additional FP in the park at a kiosk if we carried their bands with us? Also, since the children under 3 don't have tickets linked can we use their bands to make additional FP bookings in the park at the kiosks.
__________________
Karrie
My life: Scrapping, yapping, and doing laundry!
ScrapYap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:24 AM   #94
famy27
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 375

So, someone could book a campground for one night for 10 people under a new MDE account and have 30 extra FPs to work with? Very interesting. I'm not advocating doing so, but that is quite a loophole. For someone with an AP, you could have 3 pre-booked and 30 same-day FPs.
famy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:46 AM   #95
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise
 
disney1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9,877

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
Only if you lose the first one.
That makes sense, if they stay secure in your arm, which I understand they do.
__________________
Life is a Journey – remember to appreciate everyday -- be happy for this moment...this moment is your life



disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 06:48 AM   #96
mjr0483
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Westampton, NJ
Posts: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapYap View Post
You're in luck because you haven't linked your tickets to the POLY reservation. (Of course, the loophole could be closed tomorrow -- or next year. Who knows. So look on it as a potential suprise and delight, not something you're counting on.)

I had several reservations over the last few months and was shipped MBs for each of them. They did not require any links to tickets when I ordered the MBs. As far as I know, this is still the case. Go to the MDE you set up for the POLY reservation and customize your MBs now and they'll be shipped to you. (If they are requiring ticket links before shipping MBs, come back here and say so!)

Don't add tickets to the MDE and don't add them at check in if they ask you. (They didn't ask us if our park tickets were on our MBs at any of our four checks ins. And besides, lots of people don't want to carry or wear the MBs and are not making the link anyway.)
Then I must be doing something wrong. I had an existing reservation but it would not let me make FP+ reservations until I linked a ticket.
mjr0483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:03 AM   #97
wen8jr
DIS Veteran
 
wen8jr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 12 hours from Orlando
Posts: 773

Sorry if this has been asked already.

Do you know if you can get FP+ loaded to MBs upon arrival to the park (that are from a prior trip) if you have a return visit but are not staying onsite - no reservation linked?
wen8jr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:30 AM   #98
kerriemiller
How do you people get anything done around here
 
kerriemiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 494

I know we are all reading these forums to get insider information. But something about this seems shady and wrong. When I read this I don't see it as working around an unfair system. I see it as taking away from other families. I don't know I wouldn't feel right about doing this.
__________________
Me and DH
DD4 DD6

Last edited by kerriemiller; 03-08-2014 at 07:45 AM.
kerriemiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:45 AM   #99
jghart22
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapYap View Post
When you use one of the 10 magic bands at the park kiosks, you'll be offered FP+ for all 10 people. (And the FPs will automatically load into the account that the bands are connected to -- so each band will get the FPs though you only scan one.)

If you try to make them for all 10 at once, you might have trouble getting good choices due to availability issues. So try making for just a few people at a time and see if that makes a difference. The MBs can be used by anyone in the group. Anyone in the party can use the babies' MBs (since the babies won't need them for FP+ admission).

Note that you will need all 10 MBs with you in the park. While the information for everyone is stored on each band associated with the reservation (and only one band is needed to make changes for the whole group at a kiosk), each band can only be used for one of the three FP assignments at a time. (You can't use the same band to re-enter for a FP assignment -- each of the 10 bands can only be used one time for each of the three assignments.)

Meanwhile, you have separate park tickets for 5 adults that will give you a separate set of FPs.

Again, this could all change at any time if they require the MBs to be activated at park entry (which means they have to be connected to a ticket).

Ok thanks for the help!
jghart22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:54 AM   #100
AthenaBolina
Mouseketeer
 
AthenaBolina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post
I know we are all reading these forums to get insider information. But something about this seems shady and wrong. When I read this I don't see it as working around an unfair system. I see it as taking away from other families. I don't know I wouldn't feel right about doing this.
You and me both. It seems pretty sneaky
__________________
AthenaBolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:26 AM   #101
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr0483 View Post
Then I must be doing something wrong. I had an existing reservation but it would not let me make FP+ reservations until I linked a ticket.
You have to link a ticket to an existing reservation in order to make FP+ reservations.

The scenario described means giving up FP+ advance reservations. You make them all at the kiosks in the parks. You make no FP+ online.
__________________
Karrie
My life: Scrapping, yapping, and doing laundry!
ScrapYap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:16 AM   #102
Babsy
DIS Veteran
 
Babsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,078

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post
I know we are all reading these forums to get insider information. But something about this seems shady and wrong. When I read this I don't see it as working around an unfair system. I see it as taking away from other families. I don't know I wouldn't feel right about doing this.
I agree. By taking more FP+ than the 3 to which you are entitled, you are taking away FP+ options that were meant for other families. Someone else will not be able to get that single FP+ because you took more than your share.

Should we advocate taking multiple FP+'s for ourselves when it means some others won't get either one at all? These FP+ options do sell out leaving some unfortunates with leftovers or nothing.

Very sad.
__________________
Poly (3X), CR (3X), GF (4X), WL (2X), YC (2X), BC (5X), BWI (2X), Swan (2X), Dolphin (6X), POR (4X), POFQ (2X), CSR (4X), CBR (2X), POP (1X), ASMu (6X), ASSp (1X), ASMo (1X),
AKL (5X), off site - 10+, lost count!
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:27 AM   #103
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English
 
Marionnette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pleasure Island
Posts: 6,759

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsy View Post
I agree. By taking more FP+ than the 3 to which you are entitled, you are taking away FP+ options that were meant for other families. Someone else will not be able to get that single FP+ because you took more than your share.

Should we advocate taking multiple FP+'s for ourselves when it means some others won't get either one at all? These FP+ options do sell out leaving some unfortunates with leftovers or nothing.

Very sad.
Not that I'm putting a stamp of approval on what the OP is suggesting, but how is this any different from the FP- method whereby arriving mid-morning pretty much guaranteed that certain headliners would already be out of FPs for the day because people who knew how to work the system had already gotten there first?

No system is going to be without flaws and there will always be people who find ways to use it to their advantage somehow. The OP has pointed out a loophole which is big enough to drive a Mack truck through and it will certainly have a way of skewing the data Disney is trying to collect during this phase of "testing". I wouldn't be surprised if it got closed pretty quickly.
__________________
Opinions, suggestions and comments are based on my own experience and should not be regarded as the absolute and only possible outcome of any situation.
Your mileage may (and probably will) vary.





Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #104
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard
 
2Tiggies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Too many stripes away from Tigger
Posts: 19,581

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr0483 View Post
Then I must be doing something wrong. I had an existing reservation but it would not let me make FP+ reservations until I linked a ticket.
Same. My tickets are linked to our first stay as they are length of stay tickets so it made sense. Our second stay is on a separate account and we have MB's but there is a little note under the FP selection box saying I must link my tickets and passes so they can check my eligibility. Not too worried because we have tickets on our first reservation, but just adding my experience to the list of reports. I will update if anything changes
__________________
October 2010 Trip Report

[Engaged to the man of my dreams at WDW, Summer 2014
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #105
maryj11
DIS Veteran
 
maryj11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,971

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerriemiller View Post
I know we are all reading these forums to get insider information. But something about this seems shady and wrong. When I read this I don't see it as working around an unfair system. I see it as taking away from other families. I don't know I wouldn't feel right about doing this.
I agree it would be cheating other people out of fastpass + selections if alot of people begin doing this. I would feel like a crook doing this lol
__________________
maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: