Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2014, 01:17 PM   #76
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozengurl View Post
I'm so confused! I had to link my AP to MDX to prove I had tix to even select FP+! I do have MB from my October trip and 3 more scheduled for April, May, and again in October! How would I use all those to get extra FP?
Also, I can make FP ressies everyday for 60 days even if I'm not planning on going to the parks... I guess bc of AP

As long as this loophole exists (which could be days or months), you can choose not to select FP+ in advance. Then you are going to arrive at the parks with no FP+ at all. Go early, and you will have plenty of choices. Go late and you'll still have choices, though they will change every few minutes as other people make changes.

Probably you made all your reservations with the same MDE account. If that's the case, then you can't get multiple sets of FPs. All the bands will direct back to your one account (to which you've already linked your ticket information). (However, if you have different people in your party on one resort reservation versus another resort reservation, maybe the bands for all the various members of the party could work, even if they are not there -- until Disney requires that bands/tickets be activated at park entry for use at the FP+ kiosks. Yes, it's complicated!)

So you would probably best served just enjoying the luxury of booking FP+ in advance and being content with three FPs per person. That's where we're all headed. Probably.

Using multiple bands to get multiple sets of FPs is only for people who make each resort reservation under a different MDE account and who do not link their tickets to any of those accounts. The system allows you to do that right now. Tomorrow, maybe it won't. So this loophole is definitely not for everyone.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #77
frozengurl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapYap View Post
As long as this loophole exists (which could be days or months), you can choose not to select FP+ in advance. Then you are going to arrive at the parks with no FP+ at all. Go early, and you will have plenty of choices. Go late and you'll still have choices, though they will change every few minutes as other people make changes. Probably you made all your reservations with the same MDE account. If that's the case, then you can't get multiple sets of FPs. All the bands will direct back to your one account (to which you've already linked your ticket information). (However, if you have different people in your party on one resort reservation versus another resort reservation, maybe the bands for all the various members of the party could work, even if they are not there -- until Disney requires that bands/tickets be activated at park entry for use at the FP+ kiosks. Yes, it's complicated!) So you would probably best served just enjoying the luxury of booking FP+ in advance and being content with three FPs per person. That's where we're all headed. Probably. Using multiple bands to get multiple sets of FPs is only for people who make each resort reservation under a different MDE account and who do not link their tickets to any of those accounts. The system allows you to do that right now. Tomorrow, maybe it won't. So this loophole is definitely not for everyone.
Oh ok, I see, thank you! Yes, you are correct that they are all linked to the same MDX account! I am pretty content with my three but if I could use it just to get two tier 1 attractions I would... That's the only thing I hate about the new FP+
frozengurl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #78
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipHipster View Post
Don't hate the playa, hate the game
I didn't use to have the Us vs. Disney mentality. But FP+ makes you feel like a pawn in a game. And of course when the Man took away my free refills for life, I got mad.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #79
FlipHipster
Blackbelt in Mixed Martial Arts and Crafts

Quote:
I didn't use to have the Us vs. Disney mentality. But FP+ makes you feel like a pawn in a game. And of course when the Man took away my free refills for life, I got mad.
I feel ya. I don't look at it so much as us vs. them, more like they created opportunities that didn't exist before....
FlipHipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:56 PM   #80
famy27
DIS Veteran

This thread intrigues me. I haven't read everything, so apologies if this has been covered.

I have MBs and APs, so I can book FP+ whenever. I also have a RO ressie at POLY. It's a surprise trip for DH's 40th b-day, so I created a separate MDE account so that he won't see what's going on. No tickets are linked to that at present

So, am I correct that I can book one set of FPs in advance and get another set each day with the second batch of bands? If so, I owe the OP lunch if she's ever in Chicago!

For some reason, I thought you needed to have tickets linked to a ressie in order to have MBs shipped. Are they shipping MBs now, even without tickets?
famy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #81
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

You're in luck because you haven't linked your tickets to the POLY reservation. (Of course, the loophole could be closed tomorrow -- or next year. Who knows. So look on it as a potential suprise and delight, not something you're counting on.)

I had several reservations over the last few months and was shipped MBs for each of them. They did not require any links to tickets when I ordered the MBs. As far as I know, this is still the case. Go to the MDE you set up for the POLY reservation and customize your MBs now and they'll be shipped to you. (If they are requiring ticket links before shipping MBs, come back here and say so!)

Don't add tickets to the MDE and don't add them at check in if they ask you. (They didn't ask us if our park tickets were on our MBs at any of our four checks ins. And besides, lots of people don't want to carry or wear the MBs and are not making the link anyway.)

Can't make lunch in Chicago, but I just heard there's a T-Rex Cafe in Kansas City, if you want to meet there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by famy27 View Post
This thread intrigues me. I haven't read everything, so apologies if this has been covered.

I have MBs and APs, so I can book FP+ whenever. I also have a RO ressie at POLY. It's a surprise trip for DH's 40th b-day, so I created a separate MDE account so that he won't see what's going on. No tickets are linked to that at present

So, am I correct that I can book one set of FPs in advance and get another set each day with the second batch of bands? If so, I owe the OP lunch if she's ever in Chicago!

For some reason, I thought you needed to have tickets linked to a ressie in order to have MBs shipped. Are they shipping MBs now, even without tickets?
Old 03-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #82
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
To make FP+ *advance* reservations on MDE, you have to link tickets to your account. But then you only get three FPs per person.

For same day FPs, you can make FP+ selections at any park kiosk with any magic band or any park ticket. We just did it at all four parks. Any magic band. A cast member told me they are intended to work for two years. Once it's activated, it stays activated. Obviously it's not going to work on a resort room door or for charging purchases. But the MB does continue to work at FP+ kiosks in the park indefinitely (or for two years). And the MBs will work for the FP+ reservations you can make online for Beauty and the Beast counter service. (Not through the MDE page, but the link that's out there.)

So never throw away a Magic Band! Keep them for your next trip. A cast member told me that they will eventually start charging for them.
This I don't believe.Disny is going to start charging for the key to my resort room?

disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:56 PM   #83
Tramp68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesma View Post
Golf4283 reminds me of that kid in class that reminded the teacher that she forgot to assign homework.
Or little brother or sister...

Candace: "Mom! Phineas and Ferb are making a title sequence!"

OKW Nov 2002
OKW Feb 2005
OKW July 2007 (3 weeks)
AKV April 2008
FWC Aug 2010 (1 month)
AKV July 2011 (1 month)
OKW Dec 2013

Member OKW 1998 (55pts woo-hoo)
Member SSR 2005
Add-on SSR 2007
Add-on SSR 2010
Add-on BWV 2013
Tramp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #84
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post

This I don't believe.Disny is going to start charging for the key to my resort room?
Only if you lose the first one.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:43 PM   #85
ppony
Artist in residence

Quote:
That right there would be enough motivation for me to become an AP holder. We love dining plan on a one night stay -- we spread the credits by sharing counter service to provide two days worth of food with one night of credits. (Using a snack credit to buy something for breakfast. A $4.99 item, of course!)
Dude! I didn't even know you could have a dining plan for only one day of a multi-day stay! Man, thanks for enlightening! That is so cool! We have't dne a dining plan in over 14 years and wasn't inclued w/ what they cost now as they aaren't financially sound for us and how we dine as a fmaily, but spreading it out over 2 days could be genius! At least for those 2 days nd then you'd ahve the mug, which, we also never get. Thanks!

Normally I'm not a fan of gaming any system, but I'm so anti this new FP situation and an furious about the GAC going away, that I don't care. Disney has managed to make me actually hate them for something. That took skillz. I only wish I had older passes I could use to take advantage with. Not when you only go every other year.

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #86
BubblesNH
Mouseketeer

We are surprising DFIL with a Disney trip for 70th Birthday. I have a ressie at Yacht Club with MDX attached. We bought tix from UC and have not linked them yet. I just add 3 grandkids to the ressie so I could make BOG ressie with fastpass link. So have 5 MB. DH, myself and kids will actually stay off property. We have stayed on property many times but it is so expensive. We are using timeshare points for our family.

I am thinking of not linking tix and will have 5 fp+ from MB and 7fp+ from Tix??? That should give us some great flexibility. In laws won't ride most of the e attraction anyway and DH and DS don't care about BOG.

I am a little overwhelmed with all of the planning. DH thinks I am crazy to even try to plan which park on which day. To plan ahead and just have to scrap it all when you finally get there because something came up is so much work. We stay on property at Universal for 1 night every time we are in Orlando because of fastpass there.Which we will do this time as well. DH not too impressed with Disney's way.

I am a little put off by the tiering at HS and Epcot. Can't get fp+ for TOT and RoR, that just stinks. I wasn't planning on 2 trips to HS. We will probably be in Epcot multiple times but won't want to waste Fp+ for 1 ride??

Lots of great info here on the boards. I really appreciate the effort people make to help others out. Has saved me a ton of money and time.
Not sure why people always have to flame people for creative thinking. If you don't like it, don't do it.

Michelle DH DD DS

Last edited by BubblesNH; 03-07-2014 at 06:56 PM.
BubblesNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:08 PM   #87
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppony View Post
Dude! I didn't even know you could have a dining plan for only one day of a multi-day stay!
You can't do that! You make a reservation for a one night stay and add dining plan. Though I understand that you can only do this if you have AP, DVC or possibly other scenarios that allow it. You can then make a second reservation for as many additional nights as you like at the same resort or another (without dining plan). But they won't let you add dining plan to just one night of a multi-day stay.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #88
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
They will always give you a free card key to your room.

But they will eventually start charging for the MBs -- that's what a cast member told me. Maybe they won't become popular enough for Disney to be able to do it. But there is definitely a "fun" element to personalizing them, getting them in their fancy presentation box, and using them.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #89
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblesNH View Post
I am thinking of not linking tix and will have 5 fp+ from MB and 7fp+ from Tix??? That should give us some great flexibility.
That's how it will work until they close the loophole -- which again, could be tomorrow. Or next year. The fact that they have so many bigger glitches makes me think the loophole could last for a bit. This loophole might not be closed until the end of the testing period. Or much, much sooner.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #90
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They will always give you a free card key to your room.

But they will eventually start charging for the MBs -- that's what a cast member told me. Maybe they won't become popular enough for Disney to be able to do it. But there is definitely a "fun" element to personalizing them, getting them in their fancy presentation box, and using them.
I've heard they may sell them to offsite guests, but I don't believe they would ever charge onsite guests for them. It just doesn't make sense since they're what onsite guests are now using in place of KTTW cards.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: