Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #7
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiraMarlena View Post
I think what they are saying is to purchase your park tickets separately. Not as part of a package with the room.

Works great, unless you want a dining plan or a discount that applies only to packages, like free dining.

Are not all bands assigned to you linked to one account? Is the suggestion regarding having multiple accounts? Using different sets of bands makes no sense to me. All the bands read the same thing.
You can add the dining plan to your resort reservation without park tickets. By the way, a glitch that actually works in favor of guests is the fact that the dining plan will give you refillable mugs that work for two weeks. When you use the mug, the screen will tell you on what date the mugs will stop working. With even a one night stay on the dining plan, you get two weeks with a mug. This is how the system works. So work the system and have your dining plan night at the beginning of your stay and use the mug for the whole stay. The mugs work at any resort. And you can pick up your mug with your MB at any resort.

We haven't done free dining (since it's not really free -- you pay through the nose with higher resort rates), so I don't know if that requires park tickets. I don't know why it would.

And using a different set of MBs in order to park hop only works because the resort reservations were made with different MDEs and none are linked to tickets. This is a loophole that will be closed at some point, surely. But this is how it works now.

Last edited by ScrapYap; 03-07-2014 at 10:49 AM.
ScrapYap is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: