Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #31
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
So a MB linked to a MDE with no tickets will not be able to get FP+. I assume your glitch has to do with the AP switchover that is happening this week.
That could be.

Eventually, the old MBs will probably be deactivated and have to be "reactivated" with a new resort reservation and new tickets to make kiosk FP+ in the future. That could happen next week or next year.

But it may always be a good idea to keep park tickets off the reservation/MDE -- until Disney requires that they be connected! That day will probably be further into the future. Until then, you should be able to get at least two sets of FPs.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:36 PM   #32
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions1995 View Post
You do realize you are talking about disney IT. It will take them a while to even understand the issue. I wonder if any of them have ever been to a disney park.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2014, 09:44 PM   #33
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Ok I have bands from a prior trip and a different MDE account. They were however linked to the tickets from that trip. Can these work to get FPs at the kiosks?

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:45 PM   #34
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm

The ticket is not the issue. It is the MB. As some point soon, they will only allow MBs with active tickets attached to make FP+ even at a kiosk. The computer can see if there is a ticket attached or not very easily and just say no. Just like the online pre-booking knows if there is a ticket attached or not.
You.give them.too much credit. There are things I.can.do.with my bands that definitely bend/break.the system.but Im.not.helping IT make my life anymore difficult. Ive been able to do the things for 8months so I.dont think they even know about it or care.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
delmar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:55 PM   #35
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel on Land View Post
Ok I have bands from a prior trip and a different MDE account. They were however linked to the tickets from that trip. Can these work to get FPs at the kiosks?
As of right now (and for who knows how long), the old bands will work at the FP+ kiosks. Your new tickets will give you a separate set of FPs. And if you have a new resort reservation (not linked to your new tickets), you'll get a third set.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:07 PM   #36
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Welcome to the next gen of "gaming the system"...and they said it couldn't happen with extra crispy FP.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:12 PM   #37
Sammie
DIS Veteran

If you do this, you give up the option to book in advance though.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:16 PM   #38
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

I just want to share that this loophole may be closed sooner than you think. Just like with FP- when they turn on "in park validation" you will not be able to use a piece of media that hasn't been scanned for entry. Remember FP- tickets that would be spit out saying they were not valid? They have already begun testing with the in park validation for the new media. So if you bring an extra ticket, band linked to another account, your brother's MB etc you will not be able to use it to make FP selections at the kiosk, as it will not have been scanned and used for entry.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:19 PM   #39
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
If you do this, you give up the option to book in advance though.

Give up the option or get 9 extra fast passes? I know which one I'm picking.

OP is brilliant. I love it when people figure out ways to game the system.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:22 PM   #40
lugnut33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
I just want to share that this loophole may be closed sooner than you think. Just like with FP- when they turn on "in park validation" you will not be able to use a piece of media that hasn't been scanned for entry. Remember FP- tickets that would be spit out saying they were not valid? They have already begun testing with the in park validation for the new media. So if you bring an extra ticket, band linked to another account, your brother's MB etc you will not be able to use it to make FP selections at the kiosk, as it will not have been scanned and used for entry.
Yeah, but his bands are not linked to tickets. Disney would need to require every band to be linked to a ticket, which may happen.

Also, even if they did you could enter the park multiple times since they do not know you left.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:32 PM   #41
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut33 View Post
Disney would need to require every band to be linked to a ticket, which may happen.
No doubt just a matter of time.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:36 PM   #42
ScrapYap
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Also, even if they did you could enter the park multiple times since they do not know you left.
But if all your bands are connected to the same ticket, multiple entries (in order to activate multiple bands) wouldn't get you multiple sets of FPs. That will be the truly extra crispy FP+.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:42 PM   #43
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, but his bands are not linked to tickets. Disney would need to require every band to be linked to a ticket, which may happen.

You are missing the point, so I will try to explain better.

You have Magicband A with no tickets linked
You have your Park ticket
You have your Magicband B which is from an old trip on different account

You enter the park using your park ticket. If in park validation is turned on the ONLY thing that will work to access FP will be your park ticket, because Magicbands A and B are pieces of media that have not been scanned for admission (even if you have completely separate tickets from the one you scanned at the gate).

When in park validation was turned on, you could not use say an extra ticket, a ticket for the WP or KTTW to get FP- because you would get "Not a valid FP" on the bottom it would read "Your ticket was not scanned for admission today at _______"

Now to clarify, If you have this situation
You have your park ticket
You have your MB that has your ticket linked

You enter using your park ticket, your MB or your Park ticket can be used to get FP. This is because the ticket and the MB act as one in the same in "connecting" to your MDX account.

The number of times you enter and exit the park has nothing to do with FP, when in park validation is turned on it only matters that you enter once.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:59 PM   #44
ElizabethG
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!

Quote:
Doubtful, the only way this works long term is if you use different email address and completely separate MDE accounts and even so I don't see it sticking around long. All MBs past, present and future are automatically linked to your MDE account (some disers have 6 on their MDE at this point). You can use any one of them on any given day so you can color coordinate them with your outfits each day if you'd like. You do not have to use your current MB. It is very likely they will only let a MB with active tickets book at FP+s in the near future. So a MB linked to a MDE with no tickets will not be able to get FP+. I assume your glitch has to do with the AP switchover that is happening this week.
Quote:
The ticket is not the issue. It is the MB. As some point soon, they will only allow MBs with active tickets attached to make FP+ even at a kiosk. The computer can see if there is a ticket attached or not very easily and just say no. Just like the online pre-booking knows if there is a ticket attached or not.
This.

Our family has 4 sets of magic bands. You can't get different FP+ for each band, only for the number of MDE accounts that have bands linked to them. Our bands are all linked to one MDE account, so that is one set of FP+. Each of our four bands would pull up the same reservation. The FP+ are linked to your account. The MB is a pointer to the account.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:34 AM   #45
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Quote:
Give up the option or get 9 extra fast passes? I know which one I'm picking.
9 FP for Captain EO, Figment, Stitch, Studio Backlot Tour, Indiana Jones, and whatever might be left, . . . . or three headliners where the FP really matters. An easy choice indeed.
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: