Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2014, 01:24 PM   #61
shellmanfamily
Earning My Ears

Quick question trying to join a FE group for my family for July 14th... How do we do this? 1st disney cruise and I want to make it special by doing the FE with my kids...
shellmanfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #62
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellmanfamily View Post
Quick question trying to join a FE group for my family for July 14th... How do we do this? 1st disney cruise and I want to make it special by doing the FE with my kids...
Welcome aboard! Are you on Facebook? We have facebook group going for this cruise.

I am coordinating the fish extender for this cruise. All I need is:

Names, Kids names/gender/age, cabin number, any allergies.

You are welcome to PM me this info, post it here, or post it on our facebook group. There is a link in this thread somewhere to the facebook group.

Welcome aboard!
twindaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2014, 02:35 PM   #63
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

https://www.facebook.com/groups/562847220461440/

Link to facebook group.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:58 PM   #64
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindaddy View Post
I don't think she is on this cruise. She is on the July 14th cruise, the week after .

Shellmanfamily - you will have to contact the people on your cruise to organize it with them. Or switch to a week prior and join this one

sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:01 PM   #65
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin' View Post
I don't think she is on this cruise. She is on the July 14th cruise, the week after .

Shellmanfamily - you will have to contact the people on your cruise to organize it with them. Or switch to a week prior and join this one
Totally missed that!
Old 02-17-2014, 03:02 PM   #66
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here is the link to your cruise http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3068777

it looks like there is a googledoc to sign up for the FE on your cruise.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:04 PM   #67
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Totally missed that!
It happens

Old 02-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #68
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It happens
Hopefully we get some more people on this cruise, maybe some IGT/OGT/VGT rates will open up after the PIF date....that usually brings the crowds!
Old 02-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #69
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hopefully we get some more people on this cruise, maybe some IGT/OGT/VGT rates will open up after the PIF date....that usually brings the crowds!
This is one of the quietest groups I've seen on the Dis. I like the smaller groups, when they are chatty. But this small group is so quiet it's hard to get to know anyone. I hope it picks up some as well. PIF is coming up, is this cruise not full?

Old 02-17-2014, 04:47 PM   #70
twindaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is one of the quietest groups I've seen on the Dis. I like the smaller groups, when they are chatty. But this small group is so quiet it's hard to get to know anyone. I hope it picks up some as well. PIF is coming up, is this cruise not full?
I have been in MASSIVE fish extender groups, where they broke them up into several groups of 25 cabins. That was a bit overwhelming. This is by far the smallest, but that is OK, we seem to have about 9 cabins so far I think? I am missing info on some people but I wont start really nagging hard for a few months. I think business will pick up once PIF passes and discount rates go out.

The irony is the first person who joined is right next door to us, literally the next cabin. I think it might be hard core dis'ers tend to pick the cheap cruise dates, and this was not one of them. I had to pick this date due to DW's work schedule for the summer, I would have rather cruised the first week in June, but a Disney cruise is a Disney cruise, and it will be awesome!
Old 02-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #71
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have been in MASSIVE fish extender groups, where they broke them up into several groups of 25 cabins. That was a bit overwhelming. This is by far the smallest, but that is OK, we seem to have about 9 cabins so far I think? I am missing info on some people but I wont start really nagging hard for a few months. I think business will pick up once PIF passes and discount rates go out.

The irony is the first person who joined is right next door to us, literally the next cabin. I think it might be hard core dis'ers tend to pick the cheap cruise dates, and this was not one of them. I had to pick this date due to DW's work schedule for the summer, I would have rather cruised the first week in June, but a Disney cruise is a Disney cruise, and it will be awesome!
The first and only FE I'm participating in is Aug 30th. I wasn't going to do that one, but they put my name down. Good thing I like them. The Halloween cruise is huge with a huge FE. That seems so overwhelming. I think I go away too often and I'm not creative enough to do these crafty things. But I'll try one and see how it goes.

The first week of June was really inexpensive as well. There are a lot of cabins left so those will most likely have a VGT rate. You booked so early I'm sure you have an amazing rate. You are right though, any Disney Cruise is better than no Disney Cruise. Lol

Old 03-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #72
shanana111
Earning My Ears

Hello! Just found this site today and also joined the Facebook group. We'd love to do the Fish Extenders (first time cruising with Disney, first time Fish Extender experience).

Al (male)
Shannon (female)
Mikayla (female, 7 y.o.)
Cabin #7510
No food allergies

Looking forward to finding some fun ideas for the fish extenders, and hearing anything that would be helpful for our first Disney Cruise.
shanana111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:26 AM   #73
HillBre11
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Current Fish Extender List.

1. Charles (twindaddy), Gina, DD 8 Julia, DD 8 Grace, Grandma Marcie
Cabin #6122
2. ao23 - Anne (me), Elizabeth (sister), Cabin #6124
3. Freshia123, Myself, 37 DD 5 and DD2 (need cabin #)
4. My parents ,My brother, 40, his wife, 37 and their son 2
(need cabin numbers and names)
5. Brett (husband), Hillary (mom), DD 6 Sophia, and DD 3 Fiona. (need cabin #)
6. Denise, Dorothy (my mom), Kimberly (18), and Randy (14) Cabin # 6062
7. Jill, Alan (DH), Kelsey (DD-17) and Abby (DD-13) (need cabin #)
8. Sam (me, 26) and my sister Claudia (21) DIS username is Yorkshire Mouse,
cabin number is 7124
Does anyone in the FE Group have food allergies? I am still thinking of our gifts and want to make sure I don't give something that someone can't have.
I can't wait for the cruise, we so need the vacation.
HillBre11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:07 AM   #74
SK Cooper
Earning My Ears

Hi, everyone! We have been booked on this cruise for quite a while, but it just dawned on me to search DISboards for a group! We are very excited about the trip. It will be my family of four, as well as my parents. We all live in Texas, and this will be our first Disney cruise and our first trip to Alaska.

We would love to participate in FE! I think my kids would flip out for it! I just sent a request to the FB group.

Our group will be:
Suzanna (me)
Matt (DH)
DS (8 y.o.)
DD (5 y. o)
My mom
My dad

We don't have any allergies. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Last edited by SK Cooper; 03-18-2014 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Change of names in post
SK Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:08 PM   #75
baddog576
Mouseketeer

Please add us to the FE!

Piya (baddog576), Scott, DS 7 Dylan, DD 5 Ella (birthday is on sail date!!)
Cabin #7060

We are traveling with 12 people in 4 cabins but we will be the only ones doing the FE. I can't wait!

I sent a request for the FB group too.
Disney Dream 3 Night Bahamas - 10/04/12
Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean - 07/06/13
Disney Magic 5 Night Christmas Caribbean Cruise - 12/22/13
Disney Magic 3 Night Bahamas - 3/21/14
Disney Wonder 7 Night Alaskan - 07/07/14
Disney Wonder 5 Night Christmas Caribbean Cruise - 12/21/14
Disney Magic 9 Night Norwegian Fjord - 06/20/15
baddog576 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: