Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 09:47 AM   #16
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran
 
dvczerfs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.
Posts: 9,492

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
well Harry potter putting disney out of business is a stretch. But I agree with the PP as well.
agreed. my point exactly.
every time they move a brick, paint a wall someone is always grumbling.
im don't directing this at anyone or anybody just grumbling!
I guess I just don't get it. why do people aggravate them self so much?
we also went to the jersey shore when I was a kid.(LBI )
it just don't appeal to me anymore. nothing wrong with it, glad a lot of people still go and love the beach, but for me if I never sit on another beach the rest of my life I could care less. but I don't hang on the beach board sites and bi%^$ about everything going on at the shore. if you don't like it, just don't go, don't give them your money. people get all cranked up over a system that they are testing. they didn't come out, bang the gavel and say this is it!!! take it or leave it!!!
I remember reading sites when harry was coming to "the dark side" it was going to really affect Disney.tickets sales going to plummet. (had to laugh when Disney bought marvel ) If I really cared I would go back to find them. do you recall when dvc built blt????? OMG!!! the world was coming to an end. now dvc is cvs, theres one on every street corner. there was name calling and wow!!!
why do people aggravate them self!
__________________
Driven 1100 miles each way, each year at least once a year since 1973. Started staying on property in 1987. Joined DVC in 1999. 41 years, 59 trips, 430 days and still counting!!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:01 AM   #17
rteetz
DIS Veteran
 
rteetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
agreed. my point exactly. every time they move a brick, paint a wall someone is always grumbling. im don't directing this at anyone or anybody just grumbling! I guess I just don't get it. why do people aggravate them self so much? we also went to the jersey shore when I was a kid.(LBI ) it just don't appeal to me anymore. nothing wrong with it, glad a lot of people still go and love the beach, but for me if I never sit on another beach the rest of my life I could care less. but I don't hang on the beach board sites and bi%^$ about everything going on at the shore. if you don't like it, just don't go, don't give them your money. people get all cranked up over a system that they are testing. they didn't come out, bang the gavel and say this is it!!! take it or leave it!!! I remember reading sites when harry was coming to "the dark side" it was going to really affect Disney.tickets sales going to plummet. (had to laugh when Disney bought marvel ) If I really cared I would go back to find them. do you recall when dvc built blt????? OMG!!! the world was coming to an end. now dvc is cvs, theres one on every street corner. there was name calling and wow!!! why do people aggravate them self!
I agree when it all first started with I hate FP+ and whatever I was like hey its in testing they aren't finished with the system there will be changes. Everyone was so oh I can't believe this and I'm done forever. I stopped commenting on those boards because I got ridiculed for saying its possible to only use 3 FPs and go stand in a standby line or do something other than a ride. Some people think its all rides and nothing else and if they don't get there 10 FPs the world is going to end. There was a time when FP was not a thing and people went nuts when they first introduces it people didn't think it would work now every amusement park has a similar FP system.
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Disney!



rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-01-2014, 10:12 AM   #18
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran
 
dvczerfs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.
Posts: 9,492

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
I agree when it all first started with I hate FP+ and whatever I was like hey its in testing they aren't finished with the system there will be changes. Everyone was so oh I can't believe this and I'm done forever. I stopped commenting on those boards because I got ridiculed for saying its possible to only use 3 FPs and go stand in a standby line or do something other than a ride. Some people think its all rides and nothing else and if they don't get there 10 FPs the world is going to end. There was a time when FP was not a thing and people went nuts when they first introduces it people didn't think it would work now every amusement park has a similar FP system.
remember when the fp first started!!!! I recall standing in line for test track and there was almost a riot because people didn't understand why those people get to go in front. the one guy was led away by security!
just keep posting!!!!! don't let them keep you away!!!!
__________________
Driven 1100 miles each way, each year at least once a year since 1973. Started staying on property in 1987. Joined DVC in 1999. 41 years, 59 trips, 430 days and still counting!!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:15 AM   #19
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran
 
dvczerfs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.
Posts: 9,492

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
I agree when it all first started with I hate FP+ and whatever I was like hey its in testing they aren't finished with the system there will be changes. Everyone was so oh I can't believe this and I'm done forever. I stopped commenting on those boards because I got ridiculed for saying its possible to only use 3 FPs and go stand in a standby line or do something other than a ride. Some people think its all rides and nothing else and if they don't get there 10 FPs the world is going to end. There was a time when FP was not a thing and people went nuts when they first introduces it people didn't think it would work now every amusement park has a similar FP system.
heck, I have been married for all most 30 years, im use to getting ridiculed!!!!

our trip coming up this September is for 11 nights at beach club for our 30 year ann.!
__________________
Driven 1100 miles each way, each year at least once a year since 1973. Started staying on property in 1987. Joined DVC in 1999. 41 years, 59 trips, 430 days and still counting!!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #20
rteetz
DIS Veteran
 
rteetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
remember when the fp first started!!!! I recall standing in line for test track and there was almost a riot because people didn't understand why those people get to go in front. the one guy was led away by security! just keep posting!!!!! don't let them keep you away!!!!
I just say it is what it is I love disney and I'm going to keep going back until I can't go back anymore.
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Disney!



rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #21
DummbGiRL
Mouseketeer
 
DummbGiRL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 285

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave
First everyone is unhappy that they can only get three... and that you can't park hop... and that off site can't get any...and what about AP's... and then AP's get FPP, and then off site gets them, and then you can park hop, and then you can get more than 3.... When will everyone realize that this is in an evolving form and stop with the "I'm never going again"?
My FAVORITE rant is "I hate the Avatar movie like everyone else (even though like everyone else I raved about how amazing it was when it first came out), therefore, I will NEVER step foot in Avatarland"..... Hahahhaa... Yeah, right. I mean I hope you avoid it because that would make the lines shorter and more FP+ available, but we all know that won't happen.
__________________
____________________________________

* Dec 2007 - CBR * Nov 2010 - OKW * Sept 2011 - CSR, SOLO Trip * May 2013 - DL, offsite * Oct 2013 - YC, F&W weekend * Dec 2014 - BCV *


DummbGiRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:59 PM   #22
jtwibih
Mouseketeer
 
jtwibih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: TN
Posts: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
I just say it is what it is I love disney and I'm going to keep going back until I can't go back anymore.
This is what my wife and I were talking about last night. Disney is making alot of changes, some good and some bad, but we have still have enjoyed every trip we've been on. We will continue to go as long as Disney is offering the products/services that we enjoy at a cost that we think is worth paying. I know that's not the popular thing to say or, to some, makes me sound ignorant but oh well. As far as changes to add FP+ for park hoppers goes, I think it's a nice addition if true.
__________________


Past: Apr 2014 - DCL; Nov 2013 - BWV/AKV; Apr 2013 - DLH; Nov 2012 - AKV; Nov 2011 - WL; Nov 2010 - WL; May 2010 - CSR; Jun 2009 - AKL; Apr 2008 - AKL/WL; Jul 2007 - SS; Aug 2006 - POFQ; Aug 2005 - POFQ; Aug 2004 - offsite

Last edited by jtwibih; 03-01-2014 at 06:47 PM.
jtwibih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #23
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.
 
jade1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Wayzata, MN
Posts: 6,450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
That would work whether you hopped or not though. You would just stay put in the same park and enjoy the three rides that afternoon. If someone wants to hop then of course you can set them up in the second park.
That's true, and I think many folks will do that-but there are examples of new hopping approach IMO.

I could see somebody open EPCOT and experience Soarin and TT, maybe a few more attractions then visit WS for lunch, then monorail to MK for the Mountains and night shows-but before it wasn't worth it. Or open EPCOT and then boat to the BW area and on to DHS for TSM/TOT/Fantasmic.

Or if you open AK you will likely be done by noon or so. So instead of hanging around until it closes at 5PM-head back and swim/rest. Then you can hit the MK for the 3 FP+ Mountains, parade, Wishes. Before the hopper covered the parade and Wishes only.
__________________
jade1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #24
rteetz
DIS Veteran
 
rteetz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwibih View Post
This is what my wife and I were talking about last night. Disney is making alot of changes, some good and some bad, but we have still have enjoyed every trip we've been on. We will continue to go until Disney stops offering the products/services that we enjoy at a cost that we think is worth paying. I know that's not the popular thing to say or, to some, makes me sound ignorant but oh well. As far as changes to add FP+ for park hoppers goes, I think it's a nice addition if true.
I completely agree.
__________________
Eat, Sleep, Disney!



rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:05 AM   #25
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran
 
dvczerfs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.
Posts: 9,492

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
I just say it is what it is I love disney and I'm going to keep going back until I can't go back anymore.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jtwibih View Post
This is what my wife and I were talking about last night. Disney is making alot of changes, some good and some bad, but we have still have enjoyed every trip we've been on. We will continue to go as long as Disney is offering the products/services that we enjoy at a cost that we think is worth paying. I know that's not the popular thing to say or, to some, makes me sound ignorant but oh well. As far as changes to add FP+ for park hoppers goes, I think it's a nice addition if true.
__________________
Driven 1100 miles each way, each year at least once a year since 1973. Started staying on property in 1987. Joined DVC in 1999. 41 years, 59 trips, 430 days and still counting!!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #26
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: sw FL
Posts: 875

Hey all-- nice to see there are a few who agree. To dvczerfs-- I think I could have grown up with you in the lehigh valley. class of 83 in whitehall.
__________________
Give a man a beer and he wastes a half an hour, but teach a man to brew and he wastes a lifetime.
beer dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #27
TooExcitedCantSleep
I can't with you basic chicks
 
TooExcitedCantSleep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post
Hey all-- nice to see there are a few who agree. To dvczerfs-- I think I could have grown up with you in the lehigh valley. class of 83 in whitehall.
I always agree with you Beer Dave!!!!!
TooExcitedCantSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #28
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran
 
dvczerfs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.
Posts: 9,492

Quote:
Originally Posted by beer dave View Post
Hey all-- nice to see there are a few who agree. To dvczerfs-- I think I could have grown up with you in the lehigh valley. class of 83 in whitehall.
Nazareth 83. after my dad passed away, I lived in 2 Maryland circle.(not anything like it is today) I lived there from aug 83 to sept 84.
small world! I see your not around here any more. man have things changed. no longer the small home towns. one of my clients is Whitehall plumbing. lol my any chance, they were a few years older then us but I use to work with a guy that everyone knows as "beat" bowman?played basketball for Whitehall. I also know "pro"(I wont post there real names) was a qb for Whitehall? lol
__________________
Driven 1100 miles each way, each year at least once a year since 1973. Started staying on property in 1987. Joined DVC in 1999. 41 years, 59 trips, 430 days and still counting!!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!


Last edited by dvczerfs; 03-02-2014 at 02:57 PM.
dvczerfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #29
Disney Queenie
Mouseketeer
 
Disney Queenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 108

Talking

This development does not change my mind, still not a fan of fast pass+...now if deign to pay for hoppers, I get three tiered fastpasses and I get to lose the time in the park to travel to another. When I did not have to do either, with the old system. The Avatar theme is lame that has not changed, will I ride the new ride? Yes, and will go through the new area, but do I think there could have been a better theme you bet I do!
Will the latter change affect me booking Disney again? No
However, the first problem will and I will probably be staying off site my next trip.

If I can not get on the headliners at Disney at least once without a long wait it is just not that attractive to me anymore to go to the parks.

I love Disney, but just yesterday as a family we discussed our next trip in Florida. We all decided it will be a Non-Disney trip. This is after years of back to back trips to our beloved Disney. I am not a doomsayer, but I am educated consumer and if I am not happy with the product I will go elsewhere. I work very hard for my vacation dollars.
Our next trip:
Bonnet Creek spacious rental a third of the cost and better pools. JMHO
SeaWorld
Aquatica
Discovery Cove
Universal for 3 days

Not sure but, maybe Bush Gardens loved this when I was younger, but I am on the fence.

So while I love Disney, I also have options and right to have a differing opinion.

Will not debate, will not even look at this thread again.
__________________
Disney Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #30
artesian
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Queenie View Post
This development does not change my mind, still not a fan of fast pass+...now if deign to pay for hoppers, I get three tiered fastpasses and I get to lose the time in the park to travel to another. When I did not have to do either, with the old system. The Avatar theme is lame that has not changed, will I ride the new ride? Yes, and will go through the new area, but do I think there could have been a better theme you bet I do!
Will the latter change affect me booking Disney again? No
However, the first problem will and I will probably be staying off site my next trip.

If I can not get on the headliners at Disney at least once without a long wait it is just not that attractive to me anymore to go to the parks.

I love Disney, but just yesterday as a family we discussed our next trip in Florida. We all decided it will be a Non-Disney trip. This is after years of back to back trips to our beloved Disney. I am not a doomsayer, but I am educated consumer and if I am not happy with the product I will go elsewhere. I work very hard for my vacation dollars.
Our next trip:
Bonnet Creek spacious rental a third of the cost and better pools. JMHO
SeaWorld
Aquatica
Discovery Cove
Universal for 3 days

Not sure but, maybe Bush Gardens loved this when I was younger, but I am on the fence.

So while I love Disney, I also have options and right to have a differing opinion.

Will not debate, will not even look at this thread again.
I've made a similar point on some other threads. Based on my experience this upcoming trip it will absolutley influence where we go on our yearly jaunts. I am commiting myself for another year being I will by a PAP at a discount. After that all bets are off. Holding out hope the kinks will be worked out.
__________________
artesian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
app, fp+, mde, park hopping



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: