Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2014, 07:33 AM   #3391
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post

I think I've found it. Thanks everyone.
If tinker bell is the profile pic u got it. Great people no rip off no sir charges . In fact they don't up the price of Amy item at all. They make their money on discount from shipping ...
Old 02-10-2014, 07:40 AM   #3392
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Just want to make sure I am where you are suggesting -- Disney World Personal Shoppers -- looks like you pick a shopper based off what you want, and there is a 30% service fee and then shipping?

And I just found this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....rsonal+shopper
that does not make them seem so great after all. Maybe I'll stick with Disney Merchandising.
The other wdw shopper pfft wanted to charge like 30 bux to send 2 pieces of candy. That was 3 years ago. I cancelled the order and found these new people,originally on eBay and bought disney stuff from their eBay and then saw they had a FB page. I always forget things I wanted to buy when I get home ..
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2014, 12:51 PM   #3393
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
HI All!
I'm back. I had an amazing 4 days vacation.
Reports from others was that the whole month before was cold and rainy. I arrive to 85 degree weather. Then they hit record temps for a few days, and I left on the "back to cold" days of low 70s with winds seeing people in jackets during the overcast of the day. I couldn't have had a better weather 4 days.

Loved POR. The buses were rather crowded compared to my previous visits.

The parks were nice crowd levels other than Tuesday when it hit 89 and I felt extra crowded with 20-40 minute waits at MK. I heard Monday was worse with the Seahawks parade. Wednesday the waits were like 10 minutes other than the super poplular rides that were more the 30=40 minutes but those probably were the best for FP+.

the day I arrived I got an invite to go to BOG for lunch on FP+.
No way would I have wanted to stay in line for that lunch but the FP+ made it worth going.

I loved Tom Sawyer Island and definite think if you have an explorer kiddo, you have to go over there. The attention to detail through the parks just blew me away. I wasn't chasing after anyone so I could really appreciate the details that I never noticed before.

At Crystal Palace the characters were pretty interactive. At least before their "break" and I think I know why "CaraBellas" son loved Tigger.
The best picture was Piglet photo bombing my photo with Pooh. It was so funny.

I even talked myself into the Prince Charming Carousel. giggles. So glad I did it. I met a couple that was celebrating 50 years of marriage and when the gentleman got off the ride he announced. "That was fun". I had to giggle.

I'm sad I don't have a plan as to when I will return, but I am quite sure I will.
And if I have to, I won't hesitate to do it again solo.

Oh and my MB experience was great like the last trip. So nice to walk into the parks bagless and not be fishing through my pockets for things.

Just thought I would report in.
Wishing you all a happy next vacation.

Peace!
Yay! I knew you would have a good time! It must have been so nice to walk into the parks feeling so free. I hope you were able to forget about things for a bit while you were there too. You needed this escape! And SO glad the weather cooperated so nicely for you.
Speaking of weather, I went to check the forecast this morning and automatically clicked WDW weather. Yup. I'm ready to go back. It really is going to be a long 2 years. sigh.
We love POR also. Not sure if we will stay there again or try CBR, since there is that rumor of rooms for 5 in the refurb, just to try something new. Or the Cabins if we feel like splurging a little. My DS7may have a thing or 2 to say about that though. LOL He still missing those critters. I do hope none bothered you too much there.
Thanks for the input on Tom Sawyer Island. I think we will have to make it there next time. Let's put it this way, DS7 went through the SFR treehouse 3 times in a row. I think it's safe to say, he likes exploring. I'd love to see pics if you have any.
I know, right? I was never a Winnie the Pooh fan, but there is just something about those characters at that meal that is so warm and welcoming. I love that you got pics with them all!
Well, hope all is well and your planning for your son is moving along a little better. Hopefully now you can approach it with a clear mind after some well deserved time "off".

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #3394
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Yay! I knew you would have a good time! It must have been so nice to walk into the parks feeling so free. I hope you were able to forget about things for a bit while you were there too. You needed this escape! And SO glad the weather cooperated so nicely for you.
Speaking of weather, I went to check the forecast this morning and automatically clicked WDW weather. Yup. I'm ready to go back. It really is going to be a long 2 years. sigh.
We love POR also. Not sure if we will stay there again or try CBR, since there is that rumor of rooms for 5 in the refurb, just to try something new. Or the Cabins if we feel like splurging a little. My DS7may have a thing or 2 to say about that though. LOL He still missing those critters. I do hope none bothered you too much there.
Thanks for the input on Tom Sawyer Island. I think we will have to make it there next time. Let's put it this way, DS7 went through the SFR treehouse 3 times in a row. I think it's safe to say, he likes exploring. I'd love to see pics if you have any.
I know, right? I was never a Winnie the Pooh fan, but there is just something about those characters at that meal that is so warm and welcoming. I love that you got pics with them all!
Well, hope all is well and your planning for your son is moving along a little better. Hopefully now you can approach it with a clear mind after some well deserved time "off".
If your son liked the tree house, he will LOVE the island. So many paths to walk and the bridges are fun. The fort is cool and so on. Put that at the top of your list.

No critters bothered me at all. I saw a slug kind of thing that a group of girls were circling but didn't take a picture expecting I could take a picture on my way back. But never saw it again. The only thing I saw/heard in regard to wild life was a beautiful red cardinal. I tried to get a picture but it didn't come out.

I'll try to send you some of my favorite pictures of TS Island via email.

Thanks on the well wishes for my son. I'm struggling to stay upbeat with things. I spent some time at his job sites and the nature of what he is doing....it's a shame it's not going more smooth. I'm plugging a long by holding on to my 4 days of Disney magic. And I can relate that the next 2 years will be LONG. I wish for you the ability to make definite plans even if the waiting will be a while. The one thing I learned the hard way is that if you don't have plans/an event to look forward to it makes doing the extra we do for our special children much more difficult to do day in and day out. Not that we don't love them and want to be Mom to them, but it's harder to stay positive attitude.

Oh and living in New England and hearing another storm on the way is not helping. Then again those in the south dealing with an unusual winter are probably not feeling any more excited than us. :-)

Top of my gratitude list today is my Disney Visa rewards. For each point earned I feel hope I'll get back there some day.

Back to reality.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:17 PM   #3395
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If your son liked the tree house, he will LOVE the island. So many paths to walk and the bridges are fun. The fort is cool and so on. Put that at the top of your list.

No critters bothered me at all. I saw a slug kind of thing that a group of girls were circling but didn't take a picture expecting I could take a picture on my way back. But never saw it again. The only thing I saw/heard in regard to wild life was a beautiful red cardinal. I tried to get a picture but it didn't come out.

I'll try to send you some of my favorite pictures of TS Island via email.

Thanks on the well wishes for my son. I'm struggling to stay upbeat with things. I spent some time at his job sites and the nature of what he is doing....it's a shame it's not going more smooth. I'm plugging a long by holding on to my 4 days of Disney magic. And I can relate that the next 2 years will be LONG. I wish for you the ability to make definite plans even if the waiting will be a while. The one thing I learned the hard way is that if you don't have plans/an event to look forward to it makes doing the extra we do for our special children much more difficult to do day in and day out. Not that we don't love them and want to be Mom to them, but it's harder to stay positive attitude.

Oh and living in New England and hearing another storm on the way is not helping. Then again those in the south dealing with an unusual winter are probably not feeling any more excited than us. :-)

Top of my gratitude list today is my Disney Visa rewards. For each point earned I feel hope I'll get back there some day.

Back to reality.
I haven't been to Tom Sawyer island since I was a child. All I remember is that it had just rained and my sister slipped and fell and skinned her knee up. We never went back!
I thought about going this last trip as I'm sure DS (6) would love it but I was afraid we'd spend too much time there. There's so much to do and so little time!
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:53 PM   #3396
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I haven't been to Tom Sawyer island since I was a child. All I remember is that it had just rained and my sister slipped and fell and skinned her knee up. We never went back!
I thought about going this last trip as I'm sure DS (6) would love it but I was afraid we'd spend too much time there. There's so much to do and so little time!
Well put it on your list for the next trip. I went over right at 10am when the first boat went over. As an adult it took be about 1/2 hour to walk around but I could have spent more time. There is a fort that had "noises" coming from the barn and such. And there was a jail with something going on. LOL I was the only one at the fort at the time so I was a wimp and didn't look in. LOL Apparently some realistic fun. At least that is what I was told by a gentleman on the raft when I was leaving. Really you can't miss out. And on the slipping, try not to run. LOL

Oh my other favorite part was the barrel bridge. I'm sure your son will love that.

So excited for those of you going again this year.

Right now I've spent the snowy day here, reading through Vacation Bible School materials. I'll be taking some of my Disney experience and reliving it through the decoration committee. Some posted ideas he got through It's a small world. I laughed because the second time I rode through that ride I made note of some ideas. My Pastor is nervous.

2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)

Old 02-16-2014, 05:10 PM   #3397
Nechville
DIS Veteran

We found out yesterday my son got accepted for open enrollment to a nearby school. He went to private school this year as the public schools in our town were half day kindergarten and we would have had problems with our daycare and work schedules getting him there. Today we drove by the school to make sure the drive wasn't bad (15 minutes) and to see our son's reaction. He seems pretty excited, which is a relief. I read him their lunch menu and he saw the playground (the important things for a six year old!). We have a few things to work out still but I am feeling okay with it.
And this probably sounds horrible, but now I am a lot more confident that we can afford our November 2014 trip. I feel like I have to clarify that Disney is not the reason we are switching to public school though! Really we just can't afford the $12,000 a year it would be for two kids. I can send them to college for that, and that is more important in the long run. And if we can squeeze in a family vacation, that's important too. We still
have to get a new (used) car this summer, and I am in limbo with my own grad school plans, so I am keeping my fingers crossed it all works out.
Old 02-24-2014, 09:45 AM   #3398
kimber2080
Earning My Ears

:)

test
Old 02-28-2014, 01:52 PM   #3399
G719
Mouseketeer

It looks like yet another round of snow days next week. Ugh. After hearing the forecast, I searched flights PIT>MCO for Saturday. And checked for available resorts at Disney. Lol. If money was no object I would pack up the kids and head out tomorrow afternoon to Animal Kingdom Lodge to escape the foot of snow we are supposed to get!
Oh well. I guess we can spend our day off watching the disney planning DVD.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:22 PM   #3400
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719 View Post
It looks like yet another round of snow days next week. Ugh. After hearing the forecast, I searched flights PIT>MCO for Saturday. And checked for available resorts at Disney. Lol. If money was no object I would pack up the kids and head out tomorrow afternoon to Animal Kingdom Lodge to escape the foot of snow we are supposed to get!
Oh well. I guess we can spend our day off watching the disney planning DVD.
I'm grumbling right along with you!!!!
We are not suppose to get a foot of snow, but just enough to cause me a real headache for getting places I need to get to.

Yup would love to be planning another escape to Disney.

Old 03-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #3401
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Going to Disney on ice today! Gotta take what I can get!
Old 03-02-2014, 09:10 AM   #3402
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Going to Disney on ice today! Gotta take what I can get!
Jealous!!! Wish I were going with you.
I don't have little ones so either I need to find someone with a little one going or find a big person like me that wants to go too.

Yes I could go solo but not as much fun.

Have a great time.
hugs

Old 03-03-2014, 07:24 AM   #3403
Kathy Z
Counting my Blessings

Quote:
Jealous!!! Wish I were going with you.
I don't have little ones so either I need to find someone with a little one going or find a big person like me that wants to go too.

Yes I could go solo but not as much fun.

Have a great time.
hugs
If I lived closer to you I'd go with you! Last Wednesday at DTD I bought a Minnie Mouse hoodie. My DH encouraged me to get it when I looked at it saying that I could wear it any time I needed a Disney fix, lol. I'm wearing it today. BTW, when the hood is pulled up over my head I'm also sporting Minnie ears and bow! They look cute on my back the rest of the time. When a younger man commented on it as we walked through the jetway on our return flight home that evening my reply was that it was a purchase every Disney loving girl should make before her 70th birthday!
Kathy Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #3404
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Z View Post
If I lived closer to you I'd go with you! Last Wednesday at DTD I bought a Minnie Mouse hoodie. My DH encouraged me to get it when I looked at it saying that I could wear it any time I needed a Disney fix, lol. I'm wearing it today. BTW, when the hood is pulled up over my head I'm also sporting Minnie ears and bow! They look cute on my back the rest of the time. When a younger man commented on it as we walked through the jetway on our return flight home that evening my reply was that it was a purchase every Disney loving girl should make before her 70th birthday!
Kathy, that is awesome! I have to find me one of those. LOL I've been living in my POOH fleece. But a Minnie ears hoodie would be really cool.
We managed to ditch the snow today. So off we go for an appointment that could impact my son with Autisms future. Please send me the Disney and pixie dust . I need all I can get.

And aaahhh on the Disney on ice. I wish you did live closer cause I would be like "where do we get tickets?" and I'd try to have my hoodie to match you. I totally agree about the "before" your 70th birthday. We all have that little girl inside no matter how old you are. I'm finally learning at 51 how to give her what was never allowed before. I'm standing up for her a lot more and people aren't sure they like the change but tough patuties. If Disney makes her happy, I'm going to find how to bring Disney to her if I can't bring her to Disney.

I bought a raffle ticket for a fund raiser last night. I told my husband if I win the big prize of $500 it goes towards a Disney vacation. He laughed and said "How did I know you would say that?".

Ok off to my appointment.
I have to look up that song they sing on the Carousel of Progress. For some reason the tune is in my head this morning. I think it's a sign. LOL

Old 03-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #3405
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Kathy, that is awesome! I have to find me one of those. LOL I've been living in my POOH fleece. But a Minnie ears hoodie would be really cool.
We managed to ditch the snow today. So off we go for an appointment that could impact my son with Autisms future. Please send me the Disney and pixie dust . I need all I can get.

And aaahhh on the Disney on ice. I wish you did live closer cause I would be like "where do we get tickets?" and I'd try to have my hoodie to match you. I totally agree about the "before" your 70th birthday. We all have that little girl inside no matter how old you are. I'm finally learning at 51 how to give her what was never allowed before. I'm standing up for her a lot more and people aren't sure they like the change but tough patuties. If Disney makes her happy, I'm going to find how to bring Disney to her if I can't bring her to Disney.

I bought a raffle ticket for a fund raiser last night. I told my husband if I win the big prize of $500 it goes towards a Disney vacation. He laughed and said "How did I know you would say that?".

Ok off to my appointment.
I have to look up that song they sing on the Carousel of Progress. For some reason the tune is in my head this morning. I think it's a sign. LOL
Oh I do hope your appt went well. I'm sending those positive right now...hopefully you are in the meeting right now and getting them.
I do feel your pain I was in the school parking lot for an hour and a half trying to talk my special boy into putting his shoes and/or socks on. Actually, I even tried slippers. It took 4 professionals plus me to coax him out.
We have an IEP meeting this Thursday, so hopefully we will think of something that will work.
This morning wasn't all bad though. You guys are going to love this. My DD4 came up to me this morning with an old bubble bottle filled with water and told me she made a special magic potion. I asked her if it would make me shrink, or grow bigger. She said, "No Mommy, it's a magic potion that takes you right down to Disney World!". Aaaaaw! We then proceeded to go on a few rides, eat dinner and watch the fireworks at MK. : )
My boy did Carousel of Progress a few times too. I know it rated in his favorites. I can't even think of the song right now though.
I'm so happy we avoided the big storm this round, I actually laughed this morning when I woke up and saw not even a full dusting. The kids were happy for the 2 hour delay though.
17 days official days till spring!

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: