Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #16
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Welcome for following along.

The breakfast at AG was nice and it was way better then I have expected. But for the price at breakfast is quite expensive which is around $33 per person. It was one of those once in lifetime experience where I have ate at AG during lunch and dinner. For the price, I would eat at Goofy's Kitchen or Breakfast with Minnie and Friends at the Plaza Inn. The weather was just great during the trip. I was going to ask you what the weather was like during your trip in December just a few days before my trip?

Thank you PiO. It was a nice breakfast at AG that MP had a fun time seeing the Princesses. It will be a long time until I eat at AG.

The next post will be up shortly.
Hi Bret,
The weather was really good for our trip. We had one afternoon with a little rain but other than that sunny skies.

You had great pictures at Aladdin. It's one of our favorites! Your pictures on RSR made me smile. It's a great ride. SO much better than Test Track at EPCOT.

Thanks for sharing.
TK
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #17
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Love your pictures of Aladdin and RSR. Seems like you've gotten the hang of that lens and camera now.
Thank you PiO. I'm still learning on how to use the new lens and DSLR. It will take some more practice until they are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
Hi Bret,
The weather was really good for our trip. We had one afternoon with a little rain but other than that sunny skies.

You had great pictures at Aladdin. It's one of our favorites! Your pictures on RSR made me smile. It's a great ride. SO much better than Test Track at EPCOT.

Thanks for sharing.
TK
That is good that your vacation that the weather was good to you and your family.

Thank you TK. It is nice to watch Aladdin once in a while in the Hyperion Theater. I can't get tired of RSR and still an amazing ride. I need to ride the new version of Test Track at EPCOT and compare the two of them which I like the most. But I will always choose RSR over TT.

Your welcome.

mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #18
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – December 27th, 2013 – Part 5

Last Installment on the Trip Report

Day 2 – December 27th, 2013 – Part 5

Snacking on a Cone and No way to the Wheel of Doom

After we finished riding Luigi’s Flying Tires, some of our group was getting hungry even though we had breakfast at Ariel’s Grotto for breakfast. DAW wanted to go back to the Cozy Cone Motel to have the Chili Cone Queso which she was looking forward to getting since the June trip. So we all head on over to the Cozy Cone Motel.

My DAW was in the queue for Chili Cone Queso in Cozy Cone 3 while MP went on over to Cozy Cone 1 to get Churro Bites. I didn’t want anything since I was still full from breakfast which I did ate everything on my plate that morning.

While I was waiting for them while they were in the lines, I looked in the lobby at the gingerbread house which is so nice to look at during the holiday season.

And of course the Cone Christmas tree.

Everyone is enjoying the snacks on that afternoon. It was kind of busy around the Cozy Cone Motel dining area where there wasn’t any spots to sit somewhere since it was already past lunch time. DAW and Cousin C really like the Chili Cone Queso and Silv and MP enjoyed the Churro Bites.

After we finished snacking on the snacks at the Cozy Cone Motel, we started to walk on out of Cars land and on over to our next activity that day. The day was getting a little busy with more and more people in Cars Land and we are done that afternoon in CL.

We were now heading on over to Paradise Pier since MP wanted to go on a ride in PP. It is so nice to see the Christmas tree in PP when I go pass by it. It is not the tallest tree in DCA after they added the Buena Vista Street Christmas tree. It is nice to walk by the tree every time I am in DCA.

When we passed by the Christmas tree and now down close to California Screamin and Toy Story Midway Mania, I thought that she would like to go on one of those two rides. But it wasn’t those two rides since the wait times were in the hour range. There was no way I was going to wait that long in those lines during that time of the day.

The ride that she wanted to go on was Mickey’s Fun Wheel of Doom. I was completely surprised that she wanted to go on MFWoD that day. I knew that it was going to be in the 30+ minute wait time to get on the ride from the swinging to the non-swinging gondola. When she got to the queue, she went towards the swinging gondola. She, Cousin C and Silv went in the queue and asked me and DAW if we wanted to go on the ride and we both said no. There was no way I was going to go on the swinging gondola.

For the regulars that have followed my old trip report threads that I don’t like going on the swinging gondola. There was no way I would even go on the swinging gondolas even if it was for them. I just don’t like going on them and won’t go on them if someone dare me or paid me to go on it.

So DAW and I waited on the sides until they got on and get off. The wait time was at 40 minutes so it was going to take some time until they get on the ride.

If I ever go on MFWoD, I would ride it first thing in the morning where it will be a walk-on or you will be in this long line in the afternoon.

There was Cousin C, Silv and MP riding the swinging-gondola and it was swinging a lot. Good thing that DAW and I didn’t ride the swinging-gondola that day. I don’t think I can handle it.

After they got off MFWoD, we started to head on out of the park and go back to the Desert Inn & Suites to rest up until we had to return back to DCA that night to watch World of Color Winter Dreams. DAW & Silv are glad to go back to the room to rest up after being in the park since 8am that morning. MP could go on but she knew that it was time to take a break. Cousin C had no problem with it and I could use the same thing.

While heading on back to the hotel, we stopped by Viva Navidad! At the PP dining area. We didn’t stop and do some of the activities but I did wish that we did.

The Phineas and Ferb Holiday Edition show already ended and heading back to the back.

The Carthay Circle Theater looks so amazing every time I walk pass by it.

Just before we exited DCA that afternoon, we stopped at the Elias & Company store to buy some merchandise that Silv and MP looked at earlier that morning where it was not a good idea to buy it in the morning and had to lug it around the park. So they went back in the store and they did buy some stuff from shirts, jewelry, and Minnie ears that MP got. They did save some money thanks to DAW Premium AP that she upgraded during the trip. This is the first time that I didn’t have to use my AP since DAW got her AP.

After they bought the merchandise, we headed on out of DCA and back at the Esplanade. It was a little busy at the Esplanade where getting into DL would take some time.

We got back to our hotel around 3:45pm which is a little late that afternoon. But it was enough time to relax while we have to use our FP’s for WoC: Winter Dreams at 8:45pm. It was nice to go back to the room to rest up after our feet were a little sore. We all had a great time at DCA that morning to afternoon which the crowds were high but not as high as I have expected.

That will be it for this post and I will have more from that night.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 03-04-2014 at 02:46 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #19
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

It sure looks busy at the parks! Nice pictures. Seems like Orange is the new Red at Carsland; even for Christmas. I remember seeing the pictures last year of the Christmas decorations but I hadn't realised how orange themed it all was last year.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:26 PM   #20
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It sure looks busy at the parks! Nice pictures. Seems like Orange is the new Red at Carsland; even for Christmas. I remember seeing the pictures last year of the Christmas decorations but I hadn't realised how orange themed it all was last year.
It was busy at DCA that day but I have heard that DL was way worse than DCA. Thank you PiO. Being around the Cozy Cone Motel feels so orange even during the holiday season. Maybe when I got pictures from last years it was dark around the Cozy Cone Motel.

A quick update for my upcoming trip to The DLR in April is that my DAF and I will be eating at the Napa Rose restaurant on April 26th at 5:30pm. We also got the Chef's Counter seats for dinner. We will also be having dinner with Alison (franandaj) and Fran that night. This will be our first time eating at the Napa Rose restaurant and we are looking forward to eating with Alison and Fran.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:48 AM   #21
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

I finally found my way over.

Nice pics in the Little Mermaid and Radiator Springs Racers. I can't imagine waiting 3 hours in the standby line.

I absolutely love the entrance to the cave of wonders pic, stunning.

Breakfast at AG looked good too. It's been years since we've eaten there.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:55 AM   #22
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
It was busy at DCA that day but I have heard that DL was way worse than DCA. Thank you PiO. Being around the Cozy Cone Motel feels so orange even during the holiday season. Maybe when I got pictures from last years it was dark around the Cozy Cone Motel.

A quick update for my upcoming trip to The DLR in April is that my DAF and I will be eating at the Napa Rose restaurant on April 26th at 5:30pm. We also got the Chef's Counter seats for dinner. We will also be having dinner with Alison (franandaj) and Fran that night. This will be our first time eating at the Napa Rose restaurant and we are looking forward to eating with Alison and Fran.
Awesome. I'm sure you'll have a great DisMeet and enjoy the food.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 03-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #23
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c
I'm sure you'll all have an awesome dinner. Enjoy!

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:29 PM   #24
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I'm late, but it looks like I made it over in time for my cameo! Looking forward to joining you and your DA at the Chef's Counter! It's been a couple years since my last meal at NR. It's about time!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:52 PM   #25
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I'm here Bret. Going to catch up.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #26
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

While I am envious of the pictures you take on MFWoD I can't even get my DH to go on the stationary gondolas. I'll rely on your pictures to see the sights from there.

We enjoy the eating area on PP. It's very relaxing and I really enjoyed the entertainment at Christmas time.
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:42 AM   #27
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
I finally found my way over.

Nice pics in the Little Mermaid and Radiator Springs Racers. I can't imagine waiting 3 hours in the standby line.

I absolutely love the entrance to the cave of wonders pic, stunning.

Breakfast at AG looked good too. It's been years since we've eaten there.
Nice to see you found my new DL Mega-Thread Angela.

There was no way I would even wait that long for any ride even though RSR is an amazing ride to go on. I would not even wait two hours to go on it. But I can wait that long for the fireworks, Fantasmic, or WoC (if I want to get up close in the viewing area).

Aladdin show was nice and I need to use a telephoto lens for this show since using a regular lens is not enough to get up close pictures of the characters.

We all had a nice time eating at AG for breakfast and it might be a while until I eat there again.

Quote:
Awesome. I'm sure you'll have a great DisMeet and enjoy the food.
My DAF and I are getting excited for the trip next month and a DISMeet at the Napa Rose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
I'm sure you'll all have an awesome dinner. Enjoy!
Thank you Angela. We are really looking forward to eating at the Napa Rose for the first time. There are a lot of restaurants that I haven't eaten and it will be nice to try it for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm late, but it looks like I made it over in time for my cameo! Looking forward to joining you and your DA at the Chef's Counter! It's been a couple years since my last meal at NR. It's about time!
Nice to see you over here Alison. I am really looking forward to eating at the Napa Rose with you and Fran. It is great to have dinner there at the Chef's Counter for our first dining experience. When was your last time eating at the NR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm here Bret. Going to catch up.
Hi Jenny. It is nice to see you found your way to the new DL Mega-Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksbaskets View Post
While I am envious of the pictures you take on MFWoD I can't even get my DH to go on the stationary gondolas. I'll rely on your pictures to see the sights from there.

We enjoy the eating area on PP. It's very relaxing and I really enjoyed the entertainment at Christmas time.
I'm glad that you always enjoy my pictures from MFWoD. There was no way I would even gone on the swinging-gondolas that day. I hate the swinging-gondolas and won't break that streak of not riding the swinging-gondolas. I will be happily go on the non-swinging if they want to go on.

The Viva Navidad event at Paradise Pier was so great that I really regret of not spending more time there. If it is back during the holiday season, I will spend some more time over there later this year.

Old 03-04-2014, 02:43 AM   #28
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Day 2 – December 27th, 2013 – Part 6

Last Installment on the Trip Report

Day 2 – December 27th, 2013 – Part 6

Dinner & Cars Land @ Night

While we were relaxing in our room at the Desert Inn & Suites where we are staying during the December trip, we were almost ready to leave the room and have dinner that night. This time, we won’t be eating on property but we will be eating off-site. I love eating on-site and trying all these different restaurants. But with the high season, the restaurants at the DLR are hard to get in or we would have to wait a long time until we are seated. So this time, we decided to eat at Tony Romas on Harbor Blvd which is a couple of buildings down from our hotel. I haven’t eaten at Tony Romas on Harbor Blvd for a while and it is a nice place to get a good meal while off-site.

It was around 5pm when we left our room to Tony Romas for dinner. We only stayed in the room for about an hour which wasn’t a long break but we had a lot of activities to do that night from World of Color: Winter Dreams and some rides if we can get on them that night. But since the parks have been crowded on Friday, it was going to be tough to get on some rides.

It was not that busy at Tony Romas around 5pm when we were seated immediately. We all had something to choose from that night and it was nice to eat off-site.

For the price, we got to choose from a lot of different sides including the entrees. Silv and MP got the Original Baby Back Ribs which is one of the restaurants signature dishes. Cousin C doesn’t want me to take a picture of his plate but he also got the Original Baby Back Ribs with different sides.

My DAW got the signature salad which was the Tony’s Asian Salad.

For me I got the Filet Medallions with different sauces.

After we finished our dinner at Tony Romas, it was time for all of us to head on over back to the Disneyland Resort to enjoy the rest of the night.

When we got over to the Esplanade and about to enter Disney California Adventure, getting into DCA was a little busy that night to get in while DL was way worse than DCA.

When we got in the park that night, DAW had to go on in the Chamber of Commerce building or Guest Relations to check something out that night. So while we were waiting, MP and I were talking about the trip and she was glad that her mom and her were down here with DAW, Cousin C and I during the trip.

When DAW came out of the Chamber of Commerce, we started to head on over to our first activity that night. But first, we passed by the Buena Vista Street tree which is so amazing to look at during the holiday season.

I really like this picture of the Carthay Circle Theater with the Red Car Street Trolley passing by.

The first thing when we were in DCA was to head on over to Cars Land but this time to see it at night which is the best time to visit CL. I really enjoy seeing CL at night but it is so amazing when the neon lights are on. While it is great at night during the other times of the year, during the holiday season it is even more amazing with the Christmas decorations.

Fillmore’s Taste-In Fuel.

Sarge’s Surplus Hut with the red, white and blue lights along with the fireworks on top which is one of my favorite buildings during the holiday season.

Flo’s V8 Café Sign

Passing by Ramone’s House of Body Art

Everyone was so amazed of how Cars Land looks during the holiday season. DAW has seen CL at night but not like this during the holiday season with all the lights on with the Christmas decorations.

Lizzie’s Curios store

After looking at Radiator Springs (Cars Land) for a while, it was time to head on over towards Paradise Pier so we can get our spot for the 9pm World of Color: Winter Dreams show. We went towards the backside of CL passing by Radiator Springs Racers. We also passed by the backside of Flo’s V8 Café.

You can never get tired of seeing Radiator Falls waterfall from back here or riding RSR.

Before we head on over towards Paradise Pier, everyone was started to get a little thirsty that night and wanted a nice dessert after a nice dinner at Tony Romas. While we were in Pacific Wharf, we head on over to the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop.

I have passed by Ghirardelli store a lot in DCA but I never go in since I don’t eat too many sweet treats or chocolate. But everyone wanted to get a chocolate drink or ice cream that night and we all went inside to get different items.

After everyone got some kind of dessert at Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop, we started to head on over towards Paradise Pier to get our spots for the 9pm World of Color: Winter Dreams show.

We were coming a little bit late since we spent some time in Cars Land and at Ghirardelli at the Pacific Wharf. We didn’t get to PP until 7:45pm. The CM’s let the guests in the viewing area for World of Color: Winter Dreams one hour until the show started so people won’t stake out a spot for hours. Luckily for us, we decided to go with my favorite spot in the blue section that night since it doesn’t require a lot of wait time. But we didn’t want to take any risks of not getting our spot that night since the parks are very crowded.

When we got to PP right at the area to get in the viewing area. Since DAW was using the ECV, we had the option of going in the handicapped section but we told them that we didn’t want to go in the handicapped section in the blue area but get the spot right at the green fire hydrant in the blue section. The CM’s had no problem letting us get the spot in the blue section with the ECV. We were let in a little early before it was 8pm and we were able to get that spot that night.

Just when we got my favorite spot, the other guests were let in the viewing area and just in a few minutes, the viewing area was already packed at the bottom. So we just waited until it was time for the 9pm World of Color: Winter Dreams show.

Even though I got to watch WoC: Winter Dreams during the November show, it was nice to come back and watch it again to see it. Even though some people didn’t enjoy the new show, I still love watching WoC and seeing all these different variations of the show. At first I was excited to watch it back in November but this time I was hoping that everyone will like this show. DAW has seen the original WoC in January and June and maybe she will like the new one. But that will be found out on the later post.

It was almost time for the 9pm WoC: Winter Dreams show. This time, I was videotaping and taking pictures that night. I was also trying a new toy that I got for Christmas. Just before the trip, my other family relatives bought a GoPro Hero Black 3+ for me and my DB. Since I have been doing a lot of videotaping and taking pictures, it was a nice gift to get from them. It was very interesting to videotape WoC: Winter dreams that night with the GoPro along with my Sony video camera but it was nice to try it out and see if the video is good or not. GoPro are not that known for high quality dark videos like my Sony video camera. I didn’t get to use it on certain rides during the trip since I didn’t have a head mount or chest mount for the GoPro.

But I will tell you the next time of how World of Color: Winter Dreams went for everyone that night.

Last edited by mvf-m11c; 03-06-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:09 AM   #29
PrincessInOz
in

I keep meaning to try that Tony Roma's but haven't yet made it there. Maybe one of these trips, we'll get there.

Nice pictures. I love seeing CL all gussied up with Christmas decorations. It's been quite a few years since I've seen the park all dressed up for Christmas. Maybe next time.

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to WoC.

Old 03-06-2014, 12:25 PM   #30
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I keep meaning to try that Tony Roma's but haven't yet made it there. Maybe one of these trips, we'll get there.

Nice pictures. I love seeing CL all gussied up with Christmas decorations. It's been quite a few years since I've seen the park all dressed up for Christmas. Maybe next time.

Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to WoC.
You will like Tony Roma's. Maybe on the next trip when you come back in California.

It is so amazing going during the holiday season and you will love it a lot. Even during the Halloween season is great as well. The Halloween season isn't as much as decorated during the holiday season but it is still great to go down and visit.

Thank you PiO.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: