Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 08:13 PM   #2191
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

waiting for free dining..... are the any pins out right now for the fall besides memory maker discount? worth a call to see if a pin is attached first?

Old 02-27-2014, 08:20 PM   #2192
Lollicollins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
waiting for free dining..... are the any pins out right now for the fall besides memory maker discount? worth a call to see if a pin is attached first?
No GP offers out right now for fall besides the memory maker, and unless somethings changed theres no pins out either. Mid march has been thrown around a concerning discounts, weather its a pin or a GP coming out Im not sure anyone knows.

Me Hubs ODD (4)
DS (3) YDD(1)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2014, 08:50 AM   #2193
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Morning! We did a BB last Sept for this coming Sept. We may be coming in the night before. Anyone know if we add that night if it will mess things up with the FD offer already on the ressie? Will eventually call but thought you wonderful ppl could give me a heads up!

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
Old 02-28-2014, 09:14 AM   #2194
worm761

I speak just to hear my own voice
I about died laughing when i heard that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwiak View Post
Morning! We did a BB last Sept for this coming Sept. We may be coming in the night before. Anyone know if we add that night if it will mess things up with the FD offer already on the ressie? Will eventually call but thought you wonderful ppl could give me a heads up!
If you try to add that first night to your current package it will have to be cancelled and rebooked so yes, you would lose your FD since it is not out currently. But you can just book a room only and have 2 reservations at the same resort without messing up the first reservation. That is the route I would go.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:32 AM   #2195
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

So a couple of things for this Friday morning.

First, the next round of discounts "MAY" be coming soon, in what's looking like either March 13 or 17. Should be some room discounts and hopefully more....but unclear at the moment on how far out they will go.

Second, I just realized that we've never really done a round robin in here. That could be a fun way to kill some time. Introduce yourself. Married? Kids? How did you first become a Disney fanatic? What do you do for a living? Things like that....

Does that sound like fun?
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 02-28-2014, 11:57 AM   #2196
julluvsdisney
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep"

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

First, the next round of discounts "MAY" be coming soon, in what's looking like either March 13 or 17. Should be some room discounts and hopefully more....but unclear at the moment on how far out they will go.

Second, I just realized that we've never really done a round robin in here. That could be a fun way to kill some time. Introduce yourself. Married? Kids? How did you first become a Disney fanatic? What do you do for a living? Things like that....

Would this be in PIN code form or Public code?

Mouseketeers-ME, DH, DS, DS
WDW TRIPS*1994 ASMu* 2007 Disneymoon POFQ* 2009 POP*2010 POP*2011 POP* 2012 POR* 2013 POR*2014 POR RR*2014 POR *2015 VGF*
Old 02-28-2014, 12:05 PM   #2197
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by julluvsdisney View Post
Would this be in PIN code form or Public code?
This would potentially be a public date. We haven't seen room discounts running past June, which we need to see before the fall offers can go. So this timing makes sense.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 02-28-2014, 12:07 PM   #2198
yce22princess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That could be either. But I'm leaning toward a public date. We haven't seen room discounts running past June, which we need to see before the fall offers can go. So this timing makes sense.

Sounds great to me!! Thanks for the heads-up! We are looking for July. :-)
Old 02-28-2014, 12:24 PM   #2199
BSUSUE
Earning My Ears

Im Suzie, im married to my high school sweetheart for almost 18 years now. We have 2 children DD-17 . DS=turns 14 today! Being from the west coast all my life i have taken several trips to disneyland. My first trip to the world was in 2010 and we have gone twice since then, and are heading back hopefully this fall this hinges on free dining (it just works for my husband who despite being able to afford dinner can not force himself to pay for said dinner at those prices) I own my own Rock & gemstone business, We find, cut , shape and polish gemstones and sell them in jewelry, by themselves and in wall art. My business basically pays for my obsession after our last two week trip in August my husband was done with disney , my badgering worked and he told me if i could run the distance of a half marathon (not doing it at disney as it would take time away from other fun) then he would take me back ! Guess what im running about 10 miles a week right now. Im only at week 4 of my training and am very pooh shaped so this is quite the accomplishment for me so far! Sorry for the novel i tend to be an over sharer.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #2200
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm in. I am married with two grown children. DS is nearly 20 and DD is 17. Our first trip as a family o four was when my daughter was 3. We had one other trip prior to that when DS was nearly 2. My love for Disney in general began when I was a child. We watched every Disney movie over and over. Loved Mickey Mouse Club. My love for the parks came on my first trip, which was with my sister, bil and nephew when I was 21 years old. I work in a reservations office for a timeshare in our area. Spent several years in the banking business before my kids were born. Then spent 13 years as a stay at home mom. We visit Disney approximately every 4 years. It is our one true happy place. DS is no longer a Disney fan though.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:56 PM   #2201
worm761

I speak just to hear my own voice
I about died laughing when i heard that!!!

Quote:

Thank you for the update!

My name is Angela. Married and have two kids. DS is 17 soon to be 18 and DD is 4. We live in Florida but are still 8 hours from Disney. I have been a Disney fan for as long as I can remember. My dad is a big Disney fan. We always had the Disney channel. My first trip I was all of 2 years old. I took my son for our first trip when he was 5. Took DH on his first trip and got him hooked! I am a stay at home mom now but used to work in the restaurant industry. DH is an instructor for the Navy and is a former Sailor.

Planning a fall trip this year because we bribed DD into potty training. It was the only thing that worked! And my best friend is planning a trip in May 2015 so will be going again then too. Hoping for free dining but any discount will make me happy!
Old 02-28-2014, 01:55 PM   #2202
Disney44please
Mouse Hater?

Lurker here, jumping in for the fun.

I am married to my high school sweetheart. We have been together for nearly 17 years. I have a 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter. My DH went to WDW wen he was a child (3 & 13) and the rest of us just got our first Disney experience in December! We purchased AP's before our first trip (yes, we are crazy), so we are headed back down to the world in April and then hopefully October for some MNSSHP! 3 weeks at Disney in one year... apparently we are crazy. I am a paralegal/accountant/office manager for a mid-sized law firm in Maryland and my hubby works for a Fortune 300 company as an operations technician.

Little known fact about me... I hated Disney after our first trip and am praying that the second one goes MUCH better.

Disney Stays:
December 2013 - 7 Nights @ Coronado Springs
April 2014 - 7 Nights @ Wilderness Lodge

Upcoming Trips:
Old 02-28-2014, 02:17 PM   #2203
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by yce22princess View Post
Sounds great to me!! Thanks for the heads-up! We are looking for July. :-)
No problems, and remember...this information is very very fluid at this time, but I always like to give a heads up when something is floating around. It could come more toward the end of the month, but I'm just laying things out there at this point. If I find anything more firm, I'll lay that out as well.
2014 - Coronado Springs

Last edited by black562; 02-28-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:21 PM   #2204
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

I'm Joe. I was married and now divorced for many years. I began my love for Disney when my father and I would visit each year on spring break. Though I had been on family trips each year, it was the father/son trips that truly made me fall in love with Disney. He was killed in 1999 from a helicopter crash...from that moment on, I have went to Disney because it is there that I feel closest to him. So, at least in my mind, I STILL go with my father, and I always create special memories each trip.

I have a bachelor's in Marketing, and an M.B.A. from Marshall University. I have worked 14 years in the Travel Industry at the West Virginia Division of Tourism, where I conduct visitor research and analyze travel trends both in my own state, as well as nationwide. At work, whenever someone is going to Disney, they always consult with me first.
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 02-28-2014, 03:25 PM   #2205
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

My screen name says it all. I'm female (though I probably outgrew 'girl' about a decade or so ago), I work with books (librarian), and my name is Teresa. I am not the typical spinster librarian but I'm pretty close to what lots of people think of, being single, childless, wear glasses (not glam or girly looking at all) and am what you would call a trivia/information freak. (we won't talk about all the things that break that mold since it's a G rated site my friends all laugh cause I'm not exactly Marion the Librarian) But people are always shocked when they find out I'm going to Disney.

I am not what you would call a Disney Fanatic. (honestly sometimes I feel like an underachiever around some of the people on this board)

I visited Disneyland for one day back in 2000 when I was in Anaheim California presenting at a conference. I figured I was right there so I should go. I had a really good time and figured it was my one and only shot at seeing anything Disney. My mom tagged along as she grew up on the MM club and it was one of her childhood fantasies to visit Disney. For me it was just a theme park with a familiar set of characters and some interesting history but I wasn't sold on the 'lifestyle' so to speak. I don't wear 'ears', I don't memorize dialog, and I haven't even seen the last three Disney movies. I'm not a Mickey 24/7 visitor.

I grew up with the movies and the World of Disney on TV but I was never a princess kind of girl. I was much more enthralled by the live action adventure stuff then the cartoons. So I never even thought much about WDW as a destination.

I came upon the Dis by way of looking for packing tips (it pulled up the tips thread in a search). I hung out and really liked the folks on the boards so was a lurker and sometime poster. I still didn't think I'd ever go to Florida but I liked being on the budget board so I hung around and kind of absorbed some of the Magic, but a trip to WDW really never entered my mind.

THEN:

In 2008 my step dad was one of the lucky season holders who's name was picked to buy tickets to the NCAA Football Nationals being held in Hollywood Florida. (Go Sooners though we did lose).

With only a 6 week window to make reservations and airfare they were out budgeted. Until I remembered talk of really great Jan prices on rooms at WDW. So I did some research and found out we could fly cheaper into Orlando, do a couple of nights at ASMu and one full day in MK, then rent a car and drive to the game, then fly home. My mom saw this as an extension of her MM Club wish and my step dad loves rides, so they were game. I was invited to go and so it began.

My one day at MK was a game changer. I LOVED WDW. It was as much fun as DL and so much more. The Disney Bubble was my idea of vacation. I loved the rides, the theming and the whole array of things to do. I loved the containment and the buses and the boats on the waterways. I just got it. When I returned to OK, I was so sad at all the things I didn't get to do. I began planning and plotting then to return. Two years later I did and I haven't missed a year since.

I may not be the number one fan but I do love it in my own way and can't wait to get there in two days (snow and ice allowing). I really do love the atmosphere and the nostalgia. I liked the variety and the sheer fun of the World. I'm excited because so far no two trips have been the same for me. I think with WDW there are so many choices that it's never the same vacations twice.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: