Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #1
malorieg86
Earning My Ears

Online Check-In

We are paid in full and awaiting the date for our online check in to arrive. I want to get a early port arrival time so that we can board the ship as early as possible to get the most out of our first day. I was wondering what all information they will need from me to complete the online check in and secure our port arrival time. I have applied for my passport and it should be here within the next week or two but it has not arrived yet and I didn't know if I had to have it to complete check-in. Thanks in advance!

malorieg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by malorieg86 View Post
We are paid in full and awaiting the date for our online check in to arrive. I want to get a early port arrival time so that we can board the ship as early as possible to get the most out of our first day. I was wondering what all information they will need from me to complete the online check in and secure our port arrival time. I have applied for my passport and it should be here within the next week or two but it has not arrived yet and I didn't know if I had to have it to complete check-in. Thanks in advance!
In order for the Port Arrival Page to unlock (it's like the 4th page in the checkin process), you need to fill out all previous pages.

Now, you can do this more quickly by saying that you are driving to the port (not arriving by air, since saying arriving by air means you now have to fill out arrival times/flights, departure times/flights). And enter that you are using cash to back up your onboard account (otherwise you need to enter Credit card info). And say you are using birth certificates (again, entering passport information takes more time). For the most part, the computer doesn't really care that the information that you've entered isn't correct, just that you've entered something. Gibberish works, also.

You can go back into the online checkin to correct anything that you've entered at a later date.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #3
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by malorieg86 View Post
If your passport has not arrived then you can simply select birth certificate and come back later and fill in your passport info. You will either need to enter credit card info or select cash. Again, if you want, you can select cash and fill in your credit card info later. Same thing if your flying in but don't want to take the time to enter your flight info until after you are checked in.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:00 PM   #4
malorieg86
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the information! I am a bit of a psychotic planner and going into this without knowing everything is driving me nuts! Good to know I can get my arrival time and go back and do the other stuff later! Big help thanks!

malorieg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #5
disneyfamilyfive
Mouseketeer

Good information! Thank you!
disneyfamilyfive is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: