Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2014, 11:44 AM   #1
dektolia
Earning My Ears

OBB, Costco and cancels

Hello,

I'm about to depart on my first Disney cruise next week (booked through Disney), and am considering an OBB with Costco as the TA.

I would be booking far in advance to get better rates, but I'm usually only comfortable doing that because of Disney's full refund when cancelled well in advance.

If I list Costco as the TA, would Costco impose fees beyond whatever Disney charges (or doesn't charge) to cancel if I get back to land and realize the OBB trip won't actually work out? I tried to get the answer from Costco but it wasn't very clear. I'm hoping the Costco savvy Disney travelers here can share their Costco TA experience with cancels.

I haven't had to cancel a trip yet, but feel more comfortable booking in advance knowing what the consequences are.

Thanks in advance,

Amanda

Mar 2014 - Disney Dream Bahamas
Oct 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
dektolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
Ravenne
A queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early.

I'm really glad you asked. In my experience dealing with Costco Travel, their policies and explanations of it by their agents is fuzzy at best.

I looked up their policy info: http://www.costcotravel.com/Info/termsAndConditions

Quote:
Cruise:
Revisions: Any changes to your cruise fare after the initial booking date will result in a $25 change fee plus any additional supplier fees (if applicable). Please note that the cruise lines do not allow any rate reductions once penalties commence or once your cruise is paid in full. Any changes to the flight(s) portion of your cruise will result in airline change fees and additional fare collection, if applicable. Please note that airlines do not allow rate reductions once your airline tickets have been paid in full.

Cancellations: Cancellation of your cruise could result in a loss of deposit, full payment and /or administrative fees. Please see the cruise line’s specific terms and conditions for exact penalties. Cancellation of the Costco Travel flight(s) portion of your cruise is nonrefundable. The value on the cancelled airline tickets may be used to rebook future air travel at a later date. Airline change fees will apply on a rebooked ticket. The rebooked ticket must be on the same airline and travel must be completed within one year of the date that the original ticket was issued. Other restrictions may apply. Please see the cruise line’s specific terms and conditions for flight(s) purchased via the cruise line.
Note the bolded part. See, I could've sworn that their agents told me any changes made after initial booking will incur a $25 fee, but people on here kept saying otherwise and said the fee only happens if the change results in the cost being lower. That $25 fee was a huge deterrent for me because I felt if I made changes, it would essentially negate the value of the Cash Card. It doesn't specifically say anything about cancellation charges in their policy but I would assume the $25 change fee would apply since a cancellation is a change, but who knows? It doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of info or consistency with Costco Travel. I love Costco but their Travel dept confuses the heck out of me.
Ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #3
mom4fun
DIS Veteran

I have done this. No fee for canceling as long as before pif date. Fee's are only for down grades, but they will usually let you do it once with no penalty.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #4
alaskanabbott
DIS Veteran

Just booked today. Agent said no fee for canceling before PIF. Also, if KSF of Military offer come out before PIF date we can change and he said Costco will waive the fee the first time.
TR-THE WEEK OF YES!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2428215
GKTW-3/10 ASMO-2/11 Disney Wonder-2/12Disney Wonder-11/12Disney Magic-1/13
alaskanabbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:02 PM   #5
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

I have cancelled twice when using Costco. One disney and one RCCL. I was never charged. Also they called me a month later to make sure that RCCL refunded me but with Disney they never called me back. I am thinking that RCCL sometimes doesn't refund and they have to intervene. I did get a refund without any issues.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:24 AM   #6
Ofinn
DIS Veteran

I never been charged a fee for cancelling or changing a cruise to lower price.

Ofinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:42 AM   #7
JohnDS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenne View Post
That $25 fee was a huge deterrent for me because I felt if I made changes, it would essentially negate the value of the Cash Card.
How many changes that would result in a reservation change are you planning on making? our card is $405 dollars, I'd have to make 16 changes before it would be negated.
JohnDS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: