Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2014, 03:02 PM   #1
jlk51496
Mouseketeer

Nursery cancelation - how much notice is needed!?!

Booked the nursery for my May cruise every night from 9:30 - 11:30 - so I would have those times (we have 2nd seating and two older kids who will be doing the "Dine & Play")

But if I decided I don't need to send her for a particular day - how much and chances notice is needed to cancel without penalty!?

And what if I wanted to extend it!?! Is this allowed and how much advanced notice is needed for that!?!

Thank you
jlk51496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:10 PM   #2
Mizzcoreta
Earning My Ears

That's good that you booked time before your cruise so you get grandfathered in at the discounted rate. On our last cruise, we booked one spot ahead of time. I think we ended up using it 3 or 4 more additional times and we were able to do that on board. They said that the nursery wasn't very full at all, but I'm not sure if that's typical or if it depends on the time you cruise. (We went at the beginning of February on the Dream) It seems like I remember something about notifying them at least two hours before your scheduled time if you're going to cancel, but the girl that was running the check in desk seemed pretty lenient.
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #3
MaleficentRN
DIS Veteran

You have up to four hours to cancel or you will be charged, even if you were to move to a different time.
May 2011: First Disney Cruise/First Stay at BLT
December 2011: First MVMCP/First WL Stay
September 2013: First Mother/Daughter Trip
April 2014:First Disney Cruise without stop in WDW
December 2014: First Mother/Son Trip

MaleficentRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #4
sugarsugar1
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzcoreta View Post
That's good that you booked time before your cruise so you get grandfathered in at the discounted rate. On our last cruise, we booked one spot ahead of time. I think we ended up using it 3 or 4 more additional times and we were able to do that on board. They said that the nursery wasn't very full at all, but I'm not sure if that's typical or if it depends on the time you cruise. (We went at the beginning of February on the Dream) It seems like I remember something about notifying them at least two hours before your scheduled time if you're going to cancel, but the girl that was running the check in desk seemed pretty lenient.
I don't think this is true. I booked when it was $6 an hour, and one day randomly checked my rsvps. It had changed to $9. I called dcl and they would NOT change it.
sugarsugar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:36 PM   #5
ilovebassets
Animal Kingdom fanatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarsugar1 View Post
I don't think this is true. I booked when it was $6 an hour, and one day randomly checked my rsvps. It had changed to $9. I called dcl and they would NOT change it.
WHAT??!!! $9 an hour! That's a 50% increase since we cruised exactly one year ago! Guess I know where our $250 OBC will be going. Argh. That is awfully high.
Jan 2016 - Southern Caribbean on the Wonder
ilovebassets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:25 AM   #6
UmmGooD
DIS Veteran

I think for someone watching my kids for an hour 6 dollars was a bargain. I can't even get a cheap plastic coffee cup for 9 dollars on a cruise. I still think it is reasonable. At home we pay at least 15 an hour for a sitter on date nights.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: