Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2014, 08:22 PM   #17
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Fanatic

Whoa, wait a minute. Fast Pass is not simply a free perk. Disney is actively marketing the benefits of Fast Pass Plus in all of their current Print, Television and Social Media advertising. This "new and improved" edition of the Fast Pass is being marketed at the very same time they raised ticket prices. I would almost agree with your position where several years ago Fast Pass was available, but not a point of advertising, but now it is the center of advertising (to sell tickets) and thus is in no way a "free perk". When you tell me that my trip includes Fast Pass Plus, then it is now understood to be included in the purchase of my ticket...nothing free there. Disney is pushing it so Disney now owns it when it does not work as advertised and we (the consumer) have every right to complain. The fact is, to make the most of the system you most jump through many "preplanning hoops". It is not quite as simple as advertised, especially of you are a single day visitor. Disney is not giving "everyone a fast pass", we are paying for every single one of them via the most expensive tickets of any amusement park in existence.
Prices go up every year? FP+ or not. Universal is the same price to get on and you don't get front of line passes unless you pay more.

On a side note, easywdw just tweeted about a half hour ago that he just booked a fp for test track for 20 minutes out from his home cpmputer. Then cancelled it and booked for space mountain, big thunder mountain, & peter pan for tonight.
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: