Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2014, 06:12 PM   #1
beanie00914
Earning My Ears

babies travel lite or bring your own?

anyone have an tips on choosing which route to go? We will be driving from NYC to Miami for our cruise, my son will need diapers and wipes...
Old 02-25-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanie00914 View Post
anyone have an tips on choosing which route to go? We will be driving from NYC to Miami for our cruise, my son will need diapers and wipes...
If I were driving, I'd bring my own. If I were flying I'd probably do the Babies Travel Lite.

The difference being, paying for a whole separate suitcase just for diapers/wipes for flying kinda wipes out the cost savings.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2014, 07:46 PM   #3
alayne
DIS Veteran

I love Babies Travel Lite. This will be my second time using them. My first trip we were going to Disney World for 5 nights and we were flying. My daughter was 8 months old. I had the diaper bundle, meal bundle and bath bundle delivered to the room plus I added the option to ship it back. The great thing about that is - I used all most all the food, diapers, etc. so I was able to ship back all the extras that would not fit in our luggage. Saved me a lot of money at the airport.

This trip we are driving and we are staying 9 nights with a split Disney World/ Disney Cruise. My daughter is almost 2. I have placed my order for the diaper bundles (my daughter eats from the table and can sit in the tube now so I didn't need these items) for several reasons:

1. The cost wasn't much different then me going to Wal-Mart, Sam's or Target to buy the same items and put my own kits together.
2. The package is perfect because they place each day in it's own bag. This makes packing a diaper bag so nice. I can just pull out the ziplock bag and change her without having to lay my diaper bag on the bathroom floor.
3. My car is not very big and once I pack luggage, stroller, pillows, and travel bags for the kids there isn't a lot of extra space and we don't like to fill cramped for the 8 hour drive.

I also divided up my order to be delivered in part to our hotel room and then part be delivered to the cruise ship. This way the few diapers I don't use at the hotel will fit in the diaper bag and the rest will already been on the ship. Less I have to carry on board with two kids.

Since I only did diapers this trip and a did the exact number of days for the trip I did not add the ship home option.

Hope this helps some.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:52 AM   #4
pouncingpluto
2005 WDW Bride

We did not have a great experience with the food bundle-- a few of the jars were broken, so there was a lot of moldy baby food and shattered glass to clean up.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:46 PM   #5
hardis5
Mouseketeer

We've driven twice and brought our own (found there to be a significant difference over what we paid ourselves). In the van was not too much an issue and we just overstuffed a carry-on with clothes and packed in a checked bag....one advantage found was we had lots of room for souvenirs after the supplies were " consumed".
hardis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #6
MareLaude
Earning My Ears

This will be our first cruise. We just need diapers/wipes for my youngest, so I was planning to pack some and send a box to the port with done. Has anyone done that?
MareLaude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:24 PM   #7
cisobe
Mouseketeer

When we travel in general, we typically bring our umbrella stroller and pack it in a travel bag and check it in for our flight. Most airlines don't count this as a bag and allow it as a free luggage item. We typically pack in diapers and wipes into this travel bag (usually there's enough room in the bag after you put the stroller in). We do the same on the way back home, usually it's dirty laundry so we can put stuff we purchased into our luggage.

This also works if you're traveling with a carseat, though you probably don't want to take a car seat on your cruise...

I think my wife packed a couple boxes of those baby plum organic food packages into the stroller bag..
cisobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:49 PM   #8
mlandon
Earning My Ears

We've used BTL for their diaper/wipe package the last 2 years and the service has been exceptional. If you are flying to the ship I highly recommend them! Just make sure you arrange the service well before your cruise date, I believe they need at least 2 weeks to get everything delivered properly.

Good luck and have a great trip!
ML
mlandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:40 PM   #9
emilyann415
DIS Veteran

I loved BTL but if I were driving, I'd definitely just bring my own.
emilyann415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:11 PM   #10
heavenlybubbles
{Disney Obsessed}

Loved babies travelled lite. Used twice, no complaints. Great service. Good for buying snacks too!

GOOGLE DOC for the DISNEY WONDER Feb 6, 2015 Meet and Greet and FE SIGN UP
heavenlybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: