Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2014, 02:03 AM   #151
Networth
It all started with a mouse...or something like that.

Plan sounds good to me.

Next “official" Trip: 12/12/14-12/21/14 Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
Networth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:05 AM   #152
DVCcurious
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvk View Post
So you only ride rides with fastpasses? And you were able to pull how many per day? I'm sure you'll lie and say you did 7 or 8 FP per day now.
Allright, enough name calling. I can tell you honestly I used to pull about 7 per day. Let's break down what I did last July in a busy season and see how many can be pulled in one day with FP-.

1. Arrive at RD pull FP with return time 9:40
2. 9:40AM Pull FP with return time 11:00
3. 11:00AM Pull FP with return time beyond 2 hours (continue rest of day)
4. 1:00 PM pull FP
5. 3:00 PM pull FP
6. 5:00 PM pull FP
7. 7:00 PM pull FP (for something like Winnie the Pooh as the mts and PP are out of fastpasses at this point)
8. 9:00 PM pull FP

So that is a solid example of how I was able to pull 8 FPs. And if your third FP is available before 11 or your fourth is available before 1 you can move all of these times up an hour or so and you can see how you can pull up to 10 per day if the park is open from 9-12:00.
DVCcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2014, 11:31 AM   #153
MadToad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCcurious View Post
Allright, enough name calling. I can tell you honestly I used to pull about 7 per day. Let's break down what I did last July in a busy season and see how many can be pulled in one day with FP-.

1. Arrive at RD pull FP with return time 9:40
2. 9:40AM Pull FP with return time 11:00
3. 11:00AM Pull FP with return time beyond 2 hours (continue rest of day)
4. 1:00 PM pull FP
5. 3:00 PM pull FP
6. 5:00 PM pull FP
7. 7:00 PM pull FP (for something like Winnie the Pooh as the mts and PP are out of fastpasses at this point)
8. 9:00 PM pull FP

So that is a solid example of how I was able to pull 8 FPs. And if your third FP is available before 11 or your fourth is available before 1 you can move all of these times up an hour or so and you can see how you can pull up to 10 per day if the park is open from 9-12:00.

It doesn't even have to be this structured. I can pull a FP at noon that runs from 12:40 to 1:40. At 12:45 I can pull a new FP and then go on the first FP ride. Using my phone, I knew what the FP windows were and could continue to get multiple FPs. It was not that hard. I got into MK long after rope drop and used 6 to 7 FPs easy.
MadToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #154
Crystal824
DIS Veteran

I have to say, I don't think I'm willing to pay those prices for additional FP. For our family of four $60.00 to ride a tier one 1-5 min attraction. No thanks, especially since we have been to WDW many times. For a once in a lifetime trip, maybe.

I do pay for Universal Express Pass when we go there because we generally try to do both parks in one day, and we have small children. We use the Express Pass like Disney does child swap. One of us rides a coaster or two while the other spends time with the kids in the Dr. Seuss area, the Curious George area, or goes to one of the shows. Then we switch. It is worth it to us to only spend one day at Universal. Also I should note that we don't go to Universal every Disney trip. When our kids are older and we can all ride most of the attractions at Universal, we will probably skip the Express Pass.
Crystal824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #155
artesian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadToad View Post
It doesn't even have to be this structured. I can pull a FP at noon that runs from 12:40 to 1:40. At 12:45 I can pull a new FP and then go on the first FP ride. Using my phone, I knew what the FP windows were and could continue to get multiple FPs. It was not that hard. I got into MK long after rope drop and used 6 to 7 FPs easy.
I could easily pull 6 without trying that hard. I always knew my windows and would back track or double ahead when a new one was ready.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:12 AM   #156
mvk
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
But is it worth $180 not to do that? Because if the rumor is true, and you want to do TT as your tier 1........... that's what it would cost a group of 12 to add that one additional tier 1 FP slot. Your group could have waited to the side to enter the ride the first time until you had FPs in hand, then you could have all ridden together.
He could schedule the FP+ for Soarin ahead of time and then stand with his family in the stand-by line. You don't need a FP for Test Track if you're there at Rope Drop and you go directly there.

No added cost and he could be in the queue with his family.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:04 PM   #157
oddman
Mouseketeer

It would seem many of you have completely missed the point.

30 years ago a day ticket got you in and rides all day for$50 inflation adjusted into todays dollars.

Just ten years ago you got into DIS for $60 in TODAYS DOLLARS.

now for the slow folk , I am using admission prices from 1984 1994 2004 and 2014. all in 2014 dollar amounts.

In short it cost TWICE AS MUCH to get in the doors for the MK as it did during most of the last 30 years.

SO for twice the price you get more crowds than ever , and now we get to pay extra if we want the same amount of FP we got last year, or the year before or the year before that.

scumbag Disney, jacks up the rates, charges for FP
oddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:19 AM   #158
Donut23
Long-Time Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~I just read the first post -- but I really don't believe this. And, $9.99 for some rides at some parks and $14.99 for other rides at other parks - I just can't see it. With that said, I remember saying a while back that I wouldn't mind if Disney chose to monetize fastpasses. So, we'll see.

I honestly don 't want this to come off pissy-really I don 't. I just want to stop and comment.

We all know life with Fellow CASTMEMBER Bobby has little to do with guest satisfaction and everything to do with Corporate profits.

From the first rumors of 'next gen' through all the testing of magic bands, Little Bobby's trip to WDW to see for himself why people were complaining ----and HIS magic band failed...karma----. DH and I have scratched our heads; What's in it for Disney. They are NOT spending this kind of $$$$$ for guest satisfaction, especially when so many are not satisfied.

Then one evening we were with a friend. He is addicted to Candy Crush and we were talking about games online now and $$$$$ opening new levels in the game. BINGO! Charging for Fastpasses.

Sure using MB vs. cash has shown (mostly from cruise industry) a 12% uptick in merchandise sales but 12% is generally a failing grade in Disney budgets.

Yes, I think all this time and effort has been put forth toward an entirely new source of income. Fastpasses.

Look at the grumblings with the recent price increase. CNN, NBC, FOX, CBS---most but not ABC obviously have commented on the one day MK price of $99 with newsreaders horrified at the amount. Bad PR Disney cannot control.

Disney had to find a new way to bleed the guest while some will call it guest satisfaction.

This will be big for Disney. In my opinion.

Last edited by Donut23; 02-26-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Donut23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #159
amberpi
DIS Veteran

I'd HAPPILY pay for DH and I to ride TOT multiple times in the morning (we get bored with DHS by lunch). Do you think if instituted we'd still have to wait an hour to go back or could we use a FP+ and then re-ride? If so, we could RP TSM and RNCC and then buy the TOT FP+ and then use our normal allotment at another park? Just thinking outloud, also, I've been us since 3 for overseas cc, so I might be loopy
amberpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:18 PM   #160
Disneychick75
DIS Veteran

I don't doubt for a second that Disney is moving towards charging for Fast Passes. When I was a child, a Disney World vacation was considered a once in a lifetime vacation for most families. It seems that with the ticket price increases, outrageous resort prices, and then if they do start charging for Fast Passes that once again, Disney World will become a once in a lifetime trip. The Disney market can bear only so many price increases and service decreases before people begin to stay away. I know we canceled our April trip and for the first time in 15 years we won't have taken at least 2 trips within a year.
I have a feeling after Spring Break and summer time, when people experience the lines for FP+ and other FP and MB glitches, more and more people will stay away. Word of mouth is supposed to be the best advertising but it can work in reverse. Of course, it could also make purchasing FPs more attractive. Holiday crowds are what drove us to a VIP tour one year and we were grateful to pay for it.
Disneychick75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:32 PM   #161
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

We came SO CLOSE to buying into DVC a couple of years ago. Then we were waiting for the one at Poly to materialize. Then all this FP+ started developing and we gave it a shot in January... I have not been a fan. The idea of paying more for what was free in addition to continually rising admission fees... ugh. Just no. We seriously dodged a bullet here... I can't imagine 40-50 years of their penny snatching.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #162
Disneychick75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
We came SO CLOSE to buying into DVC a couple of years ago. Then we were waiting for the one at Poly to materialize. Then all this FP+ started developing and we gave it a shot in January... I have not been a fan. The idea of paying more for what was free in addition to continually rising admission fees... ugh. Just no. We seriously dodged a bullet here... I can't imagine 40-50 years of their penny snatching.
I'm on the fence with selling the DVC points we own. Until this FP+ bull, I would not have considered it. I'll probably wait until our November trip to decide, if we even go in November. Last week I canceled our April trip. The 3 FP limit is absurd. If Disney would allow 3 FP+ reservations with the ability to get more once guests arrive or allow onsite guests more FPs, I think I'd keep the membership. Waiting to see how things fall out. We've enjoyed our WDW trips but we have come to love Universal. With grown kids, one grandchild and the possibility of more, Disney will be in our future for a while though. Back and forth
Disneychick75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:41 PM   #163
Donut23
Long-Time Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychick75 View Post
I'm on the fence with selling the DVC points we own. Until this FP+ bull, I would not have considered it. I'll probably wait until our November trip to decide, if we even go in November. Last week I canceled our April trip. The 3 FP limit is absurd. If Disney would allow 3 FP+ reservations with the ability to get more once guests arrive or allow onsite guests more FPs, I think I'd keep the membership. Waiting to see how things fall out. We've enjoyed our WDW trips but we have come to love Universal. With grown kids, one grandchild and the possibility of more, Disney will be in our future for a while though. Back and forth

Makes me sad to hear people planning to go elsewhere though I have had zero luck with hubby after Lights of Winter was taken awaÿ. I DO manage to drag him to DL which has it's own special magic and NO magic bands!'

Frustrated DVC members make me especially sad because you are many of the most loyal.

Our dear friend and holder of MANY DVC contracts is loosing his enthusiasm. He reminds me of Tigger in a Pooh body.....very sad indeed. Till recently-Disney's most silly cheerleader.
Donut23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #164
OldsDr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
We were looking at buying back in. I was a Member for many years but had to sell, (lost nothing) and am ready to get back in. We have decided that we are not going this year (Not related to Disney) and going back next year. We have decided to wait untill this whole thing is ironed out and how it affects us and how we like to vacation befor we buy a contract again. I so hope I wrong with FP+ and am trying to not make too many judgements untill I try it for myself.
OldsDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:29 PM   #165
jlm196
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eangel12 View Post
I have no problem with 3 at a time but it would be nice to have the option of 3 FP+ and then after used, another 3 in the afternoon/evening.
This!

I don't see how Disney can justify people paying for FP+. Maybe if they would allow you to hop but not in a single park. The only park that has enough rides to even make it close to worth the $ is MK
jlm196 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: