Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #31
SeanWM48
Earning My Ears

i've been around halloween time the last 2 years and that whole party is a huge draw. that said i'd feel a little strange celebrating halloween in august but to each their own. i'm sure it will spike attendance
SeanWM48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:46 AM   #32
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

I just assumed it was shutting early to make a start on the Halloween decorations. I've checked back in my photos and in 2012 the first decorations went up overnight on 28 August.
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2014, 11:14 AM   #33
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
I just assumed it was shutting early to make a start on the Halloween decorations. I've checked back in my photos and in 2012 the first decorations went up overnight on 28 August.
They never shut the park down early for decorating. It just occurs through the night after normal closing.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #34
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frannn View Post
Also would be great to not have to buy regular tickets for that day, just rest and go later with the party tickets....
This is us, too. We weren't planning on having any Disney park days at all this trip, but a MNSSHP opportunity would be too good to pass up.

I'm going to be totally gutted if the rumor turns out to be false. My inner child is rather excited about trick-or-treating at the Magic Kingdom . I even have my DS, his GF, and DH onboard to wear matching Disney Halloween t-shirts . The next two months are going to be agony until they release the office dates and start ticket sales!!!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:09 AM   #35
eangel12
DIS Veteran

Looks like Josh does not believe it to be MNSSHP. He responds in the response area that it would be too early for the party.

http://www.easywdw.com/news/magic-ki...29th/#comments

Only time will tell. Looks like people are leaning towards a private event of some sort. Wonder if I could join that...haha!
eangel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:19 AM   #36
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eangel12 View Post
Looks like Josh does not believe it to be MNSSHP. He responds in the response area that it would be too early for the party.

http://www.easywdw.com/news/magic-ki...29th/#comments

Only time will tell. Looks like people are leaning towards a private event of some sort. Wonder if I could join that...haha!
That was an earlier post. He posted last week that he does now think that August 29th AND September 1st may be MNSSHP
http://www.easywdw.com/news/septembe...ule-available/
maddiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:35 PM   #37
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Assuming that the rumor is true.....

I wonder if the opening of Diagon Alley at Universal was part of the reasoning for adding the two earlier dates for MNSSHP?

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 02-25-2014, 03:42 PM   #38
maddiebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Assuming that the rumor is true..... I wonder if the opening of Diagon Alley at Universal was part of the reasoning for adding the two earlier dates for MNSSHP?
I might explode. All the best things!!
maddiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:39 PM   #39
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Was just posting in another thread when it dawned on me that this potential early start time for MNSSHP may have something to do with Halloween falling on a Friday. The last time that happened, there was no Nov. party date. Also, if MVMCP starts on Nov. 7 (last year it started on the 8th), having a Nov. 2 MNSSHP might not allow enough decorating time. I don't see them holding MNSSHP on Nov. 1, since that would be a Saturday. Perhaps they are covering extra dates on the front end, and not the tail end this year. If so, and if they sell well, I think that Labor Day weekend parties may stick around.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:15 AM   #40
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Was just posting in another thread when it dawned on me that this potential early start time for MNSSHP may have something to do with Halloween falling on a Friday. The last time that happened, there was no Nov. party date. Also, if MVMCP starts on Nov. 7 (last year it started on the 8th), having a Nov. 2 MNSSHP might not allow enough decorating time. I don't see them holding MNSSHP on Nov. 1, since that would be a Saturday. Perhaps they are covering extra dates on the front end, and not the tail end this year. If so, and if they sell well, I think that Labor Day weekend parties may stick around.
That makes sense.

Personally, I would not want to go to the Halloween party on Nov. 1st or 2nd. Halloween's over. It would be the same thing as going to the Christmas party on Dec. 26th or 27th.

That being said, I'm sure all those parties would sell out, no problem.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:20 AM   #41
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

I can't help but wonder.....if they do run the parties on the 29th of August and September 1st, are they more likely to be super busy (because soooo many folks who always have to travel at the end of August due to school commitments will take advantage of a rare opportunity to do MNSSHP) or super quiet (because people will find it too early for Halloween)?

I have read from several sources that the parties tend to get busier the closer to Halloween you get, but I wonder if these two parties might be the anomalies?

Old 02-26-2014, 06:57 AM   #42
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post

I can't help but wonder.....if they do run the parties on the 29th of August and September 1st, are they more likely to be super busy (because soooo many folks who always have to travel at the end of August due to school commitments will take advantage of a rare opportunity to do MNSSHP) or super quiet (because people will find it too early for Halloween)?

I have read from several sources that the parties tend to get busier the closer to Halloween you get, but I wonder if these two parties might be the anomalies?
I'd like to think they wouldn't be as popular, but you never know. I know that several nights sold out in October last year. We went to a sold out party last year and both the early and late parades were really crowded, but it was still totally worth it for us.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:14 AM   #43
Rjmdds
Earning My Ears

They say that the first party is usually a sell out and it has a lot of press attached to it. I don't know if being in August would affect that. It wouldn't matter for me though because it would be a HUGE bonus for us to get to attend one. We leave on the 31st and have always wanted to go. We never thought it would be a possibility in August. So here's hoping.
Rjmdds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:37 PM   #44
WeluvthePeterPanRide
Earning My Ears

We would attend the August 29th MNSSHP if there is one!

We attended a MNSSHP in early October, 6 years ago and loved it. Now that the children are in school we've had to go to Disney World only during school breaks which means NO MNSSHP for our family.

This year, we're going the end of August - (Aug 22nd to Aug 30th). Being able to attend a MNSSHP would be a fun way to end our trip. This party is so much fun that I have no problem celebrating Halloween in August.
WeluvthePeterPanRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:33 PM   #45
EasternShoreGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiebee View Post
I'm more than happy to throw my money at it!!
And that's exactly why I think that it is more likely than not that these are Party nights.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: