Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2014, 08:34 PM   #1171
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I was rethinking my Cozumel plans too

I think you'll be giving him a taste of real Mexico, as close as you can without going too rural. They have those places in Cozumel of course, but they're a bit removed from the tourist areas near the port. Since you'll be going away from the port you'll at least be away from most of the commercialized stuff.

The 4-wheel excursion looks like it would show some more of the natural areas, have you looked at that one?

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:12 PM   #1172
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I was rethinking my Cozumel plans too

I think you'll be giving him a taste of real Mexico, as close as you can without going too rural. They have those places in Cozumel of course, but they're a bit removed from the tourist areas near the port. Since you'll be going away from the port you'll at least be away from most of the commercialized stuff.

The 4-wheel excursion looks like it would show some more of the natural areas, have you looked at that one?

That's true Nachi is off the main tourist area. I found the menu online. The price is in pesos. They are sure making their money. Their food is cheap. It's $55 USD for me and $35 USD for Joshua. I'm guessing the taxi will be the equivalent of $20 USD. That's a $110 beach day. That's double what we paid in Zihuatanejo for any beach day for two adults with lots of booze and food.

We won't be eating quesadillas.

I haven't looked at any except the boat one and the secret cave tour. My issue with any if the Disney excursions is that, from the pics I've seen, the food is really Americanized. We'll get enough of that on the ship. I've got some beach toys that I'll bring and leave. The reviews are so good though and the pics are great. Clear water which I love. Authentic food which I also love. I'm thinking we'll do a little shopping after Nachi in case Joshua wants a trinket. That's the only thing I don't like about Nachi, no vendors. I'm gong to wear my new straw hat I bought on the beach in Z.

What are you thinking of doing?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 06-01-2014 at 08:15 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #1173
Pinkocto

Do you also have to buy food? Im remembering you said its all inclusive but the way Im remembering these days I could be wrong... It looks like a really nice place, you'll have a blast!

I keep thinking how much I love swimming in the ocean, but then really like my idea to stay onboard. I guess I need to look at the list again

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Old 02-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #1174
rentayenta

Quote:
Do you also have to buy food? Im remembering you said its all inclusive but the way Im remembering these days I could be wrong... It looks like a really nice place, you'll have a blast!

I keep thinking how much I love swimming in the ocean, but then really like my idea to stay onboard. I guess I need to look at the list again

No, the food is included, its an all-inclusive. I can eat a lot but not really to justify $55 but if I have a couple of nice fruity piña coladas or other drinks, it gets closer to the AI price. I have to remember that I'm paying for the convenience and calmness too as they only allow 100 people in. Somewhere around 30 other people from our cruise will be there too. I poured through reviews last night and between Paradise, Nachi, and Mr. Sancho's, Nachi had the best reviews all around. Great food, drinks, location, and service.

It seems that there's a lot to do to stay busy on the ship too on port days. You can't go wrong.

I can't resist the ocean. Impossible.

Have you kept up with the meet thread? There's a meet on the first day at 2:45, I'll double check. A fellow cruiser organized it and also had green wrist bands made for our cruise if you want to join in. I'm getting most of the info from FB.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #1175
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
No, the food is included, its an all-inclusive. I can eat a lot but not really to justify $55 but if I have a couple of nice fruity piña coladas or other drinks, it gets closer to the AI price. I have to remember that I'm paying for the convenience and calmness too as they only allow 100 people in. Somewhere around 30 other people from our cruise will be there too. I poured through reviews last night and between Paradise, Nachi, and Mr. Sancho's, Nachi had the best reviews all around. Great food, drinks, location, and service.

It seems that there's a lot to do to stay busy on the ship too on port days. You can't go wrong.

I can't resist the ocean. Impossible.

Have you kept up with the meet thread? There's a meet on the first day at 2:45, I'll double check. A fellow cruiser organized it and also had green wrist bands made for our cruise if you want to join in. I'm getting most of the info from FB.
I read the cruise thread whenever there is a post but I wasn't sure if the bands were for people who had organized a meet on FB or not. I'm really shy when it comes to groups so usually avoid them.

That's why I keep second guessing my decision to stay onboard, the lure of the ocean is so strong! I could literally swim or snorkle all day. I think I'm a little wary going on my own. You've been so nice to invite me to Nochi but I don't want to invade special you and Joshua time. I also don't want to feel the pressure of getting up too early. I'm thinking I can grab a taxi after a leisurely morning on the ship if I really want to head out. What time are you thinking you'll head over there? ASAP?

Old 02-23-2014, 10:59 AM   #1176
rentayenta

Quote:
I read the cruise thread whenever there is a post but I wasn't sure if the bands were for people who had organized a meet on FB or not. I'm really shy when it comes to groups so usually avoid them.

That's why I keep second guessing my decision to stay onboard, the lure of the ocean is so strong! I could literally swim or snorkle all day. I think I'm a little wary going on my own. You've been so nice to invite me to Nochi but I don't want to invade special you and Joshua time. I also don't want to feel the pressure of getting up too early. I'm thinking I can grab a taxi after a leisurely morning on the ship if I really want to head out. What time are you thinking you'll head over there? ASAP?

You're not invading anything! Don't be silly, join us. its the OCEAN! I haven't a clue but mid morning I'd guess. The taxi is $15 to $20 USD. Did you know tipping taxi drivers in Mexico is NOT expected? I learned that in Zihua. Anyway, come when you're ready and we can share a cab back that afternoon. All aboard isn't until 5:45. It's only a 20 minute taxi ride. No pressure though. I couldn't pass up a swim in the ocean on a beautiful Mexican beach but that's me.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #1177
Pinkocto

Quote:
You're not invading anything! Don't be silly, join us. its the OCEAN! I haven't a clue but mid morning I'd guess. The taxi is $15 to $20 USD. Did you know tipping taxi drivers in Mexico is NOT expected? I learned that in Zihua. Anyway, come when you're ready and we can share a cab back that afternoon. All aboard isn't until 5:45. It's only a 20 minute taxi ride. No pressure though. I couldn't pass up a swim in the ocean on a beautiful Mexican beach but that's me.
I waited too long, they're booked for our day Thanks so much for the invite

I had no idea about the no tipping, do they accept them if you give one?

Old 02-23-2014, 11:18 AM   #1178
rentayenta

Quote:
I waited too long, they're booked for our day Thanks so much for the invite

I had no idea about the no tipping, do they accept them if you give one?

Of course they accept them. I have found that cab fares are negotiable. We paid between 35-50 pesos up to our condo while in Z. The 35-40 peso driver got a tip. The 45-50 did not. I love Mexico!

Want me to try to add you to ours? They may be willing to do that. Let me know. I'd be happy to try.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #1179
Pinkocto

Quote:
Of course they accept them. I have found that cab fares are negotiable. We paid between 35-50 pesos up to our condo while in Z. The 35-40 peso driver got a tip. The 45-50 did not. I love Mexico!

Want me to try to add you to ours? They may be willing to do that. Let me know. I'd be happy to try.
Of course they accepted them, how silly of me Some places in England didn't want our tips, they're so unused to them over there.

Sure, that would be great if you could check. Of course now that I'm thinking of the ocean I want to go. That's where wimbling gets me. I can always do the one through DCL too, but of course it would be funner with friends

Old 02-23-2014, 12:01 PM   #1180
rentayenta

Quote:
Of course they accepted them, how silly of me Some places in England didn't want our tips, they're so unused to them over there.

Sure, that would be great if you could check. Of course now that I'm thinking of the ocean I want to go. That's where wimbling gets me. I can always do the one through DCL too, but of course it would be funner with friends

Email sent. All they can say is no. Life is always more fun with friends. Can you book through Disney in case and cancel so it doesn't fill up?

Old 02-23-2014, 12:19 PM   #1181
Pinkocto

Quote:
Email sent. All they can say is no. Life is always more fun with friends. Can you book through Disney in case and cancel so it doesn't fill up?
Thanks so much for emailing them exactly, doens't hurt to ask.

I looked up the place that DCL goes to and it doesn't have many positive reviews. Lots of reviews says it's very crowded so I'm going to skip that, and just catch a cab to Chankanaab if Nachi says no.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:07 PM   #1182
rentayenta

Quote:
Thanks so much for emailing them exactly, doens't hurt to ask.

I looked up the place that DCL goes to and it doesn't have many positive reviews. Lots of reviews says it's very crowded so I'm going to skip that, and just catch a cab to Chankanaab if Nachi says no.

I'll let you know what they say. Chankanaab gets great reviews! If Nachi falls through, it'll be great. Wonder what would happen if you just showed up at Nachi. I have never heard of a business, in Mexico or otherwise, that turns down those with cash in hand. Cash is king especially in Mexico.

I didn't realize your hotel was paid in advance.

Is it true that SAS doesn't start picking up from the Fort Lauderdale hotels and cruise until 10 am? That'll be fine to the cruise but not from the cruise. Not sure what to do.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:27 PM   #1183
Pinkocto

Quote:
I'll let you know what they say. Chankanaab gets great reviews! If Nachi falls through, it'll be great. Wonder what would happen if you just showed up at Nachi. I have never heard of a business, in Mexico or otherwise, that turns down those with cash in hand. Cash is king especially in Mexico.

I didn't realize your hotel was paid in advance.

Is it true that SAS doesn't start picking up from the Fort Lauderdale hotels and cruise until 10 am? That'll be fine to the cruise but not from the cruise. Not sure what to do.
Oh no, not at all. There was already a van there picking up people when we got out of customs, that was around 9:30. We called the number and within minutes he was putting our bags in the car.

I think I booked the hotel via Travelocity and it was pay upfront and no refundable. It's fine, I was glad to find a semi cheap one. Hopefully it won't reflect that nightmare

I would hate to get there and be turned away, I'm not that big a risk taker. You are beyond wonderful to email and ask, thank you again so much

Old 02-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #1184
rentayenta

Quote:
Oh no, not at all. There was already a van there picking up people when we got out of customs, that was around 9:30. We called the number and within minutes he was putting our bags in the car.

I think I booked the hotel via Travelocity and it was pay upfront and no refundable. It's fine, I was glad to find a semi cheap one. Hopefully it won't reflect that nightmare

I would hate to get there and be turned away, I'm not that big a risk taker. You are beyond wonderful to email and ask, thank you again so much

Good to know. What about on the way to port? What's your PAT again? I hope I'm not smothering you.

Semi-cheap is good. Some of the hotels are upwards of $300! It's a big cruise weekend for sure. I am happy with my $199 including taxes at the Hilton Marina. There's a neat seafood place called Kelly's Landing that we'll eat at the night before. Lobstah roll for this girl. Clam chowdah for Joshua.

I'm going to use their other email today if I donlt hear back. They have an info email and a sales email.

Is it really true that we have only 33 days until our cruise????

Old 02-24-2014, 07:00 PM   #1185
Pinkocto

Quote:
Good to know. What about on the way to port? What's your PAT again? I hope I'm not smothering you.

Not at all! I love that we've been able to chat about all our plans. Here I've been worried I've been smothering you

I'm having a blonde moment, what is a PAT?

They said they start picking up at 11 am, hopefully we'll be at the ship by 12, 12:30 at the latest.

Quote:
Semi-cheap is good. Some of the hotels are upwards of $300! It's a big cruise weekend for sure. I am happy with my $199 including taxes at the Hilton Marina. There's a neat seafood place called Kelly's Landing that we'll eat at the night before. Lobstah roll for this girl. Clam chowdah for Joshua.
That restaurant sounds delicious! I know, some of those hotels were outrageous. I'm very happy with my $119, fingers crossed the ceiling isn't falling in.

Quote:
I'm going to use their other email today if I donlt hear back. They have an info email and a sales email.
Thank you

Quote:
Is it really true that we have only 33 days until our cruise????

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: