Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #1966
LittleMissDisney
Mouseketeer

We are staying in All Star Music this year. I am very sensitive to smoke, it appears that my best choice for staying close to the main building but out of the walkway of the DSA is calyspo building 10. Am I reading the map right?

Come join me on my pre trip report ~*The Magic Begins Again*~ July 2014 2nd Family Trip because otherwise, I'm just talking to myself.

LittleMissDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:45 PM   #1967
plumsiren
Mouseketeer

Any updated maps with DSAs for the new year? Or are we anticipating any further reduction?
plumsiren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #1968
zorro77
DVC Member Since 93

Staying at POR end of march for a couple of night and then many days at OKW wish is our home resort. Cigar smoker and wonder if i can smoke out by the water area and have a drink. Its been years since we stayed there.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:08 PM   #1969
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissDisney View Post
We are staying in All Star Music this year. I am very sensitive to smoke, it appears that my best choice for staying close to the main building but out of the walkway of the DSA is calyspo building 10. Am I reading the map right?
tbh I think your best bet for staying in a smoke free area is the back side of any building - Calypso included. All of the DSA's at Music, and there aren't many of them, are adjacent to the front side of buildings.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:33 AM   #1970
pezkore
Earning My Ears

Hi guys! First time poster, long time lurker. Decided to make an account finally

I am headed to POP this October, and was wondering if anyone might know if the smoking area just outside of the 90s building is still there? I read back a few pages and noticed people were saying that certain DSA's have been moved around. Well, the map on Disney's site still shows all the "old" locations, so I'm curious about the 90's section. Map shows it right next to the big ole Computer.

I am going with my boyfriend and my brother, and all three of us are smokers, so we were thinking of requesting that building, that is if the DSA is still there!
Old 01-31-2014, 10:35 AM   #1971
kelpricer
Earning My Ears

It was there in October when we were there!
kelpricer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:06 AM   #1972
pezkore
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelpricer View Post
It was there in October when we were there!
Oh, wonderful. I hope they don't move it before we go! lol
Old 01-31-2014, 11:11 AM   #1973
kelpricer
Earning My Ears

There are also 2 more, if you walk towards the lake along the path (by mr. And mrs. Potato head???) there is one straight ahead and there is one if you veer toward the path around the lake. I have no idea if this makes sense! They are both close to each other and close to the 90's.
kelpricer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:19 AM   #1974
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

I know this is not the right thread, but I don't know where else to post this.

Do any of you on here use e-cigarettes that use liquid? The ones I get have a needle for accurate dispensing and I'm not sure if this is going to cause issues even if I pack the bottles in checked luggage, so thought maybe I should order from there. Anyone with experience of bringing these on flights? I understand the TSA currently has no rules regarding these but I'm not that keen to incur unnecessary delays for extra checks if it can be avoided by better planning.

Apologies for posting on here. I can delete and repost elsewhere if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks

ETA: My brain just woke up and it occurred to me perhaps I should post on the Transportation Board (?)

[Engaged to the man of my dreams at WDW, Summer 2014

Last edited by 2Tiggies; 02-23-2014 at 10:11 AM.
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #1975
zorro77
DVC Member Since 93

Just checking if anyone is coming next two weeks that is a Cigar and Pipe smoker. Will be at OKW two weeks. Miss haven Fuego's to visit but also like sitting at House of Blues or by the small pools. Not big on smoking in the parks. To hard for a cigar but ok for a pipe if i have a good seat. Can't wait for warm weather finally, was a or is a long winter.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:24 PM   #1976
STXMom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post

Do any of you on here use e-cigarettes that use liquid? The ones I get have a needle for accurate dispensing and I'm not sure if this is going to cause issues even if I pack the bottles in checked luggage, so thought maybe I should order from there. Anyone with experience of bringing these on flights? I understand the TSA currently has no rules regarding these but I'm not that keen to incur unnecessary delays for extra checks if it can be avoided by better planning.

Apologies for posting on here. I can delete and repost elsewhere if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks

ETA: My brain just woke up and it occurred to me perhaps I should post on the Transportation Board (?)

I use a vaporizer also, I'm curious if anyone can answer this.
STXMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:14 PM   #1977
Yankee19
Earning My Ears

I love the smell of pipe smoke.
Yankee19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:28 AM   #1978
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by STXMom View Post
I use a vaporizer also, I'm curious if anyone can answer this.
I got some good advice on the transportation board, which I eventually realized was probably a more appropriate place for my post. I will try find the thread and link you to it so as not to derail this one.

[Engaged to the man of my dreams at WDW, Summer 2014
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:26 AM   #1979
Myalyas
Mouseketeer

Going to be at WDW May 18 - 23 and wondering how I' going to get through it! We are staying at BWV, SSR and AKV and concentrating on Epcot, DTD and AK while we're there. I suppose I should ask first thing when we check in each resort where the DSA's are.
I also have an e-cig that I'll be taking. By the way, I think it is ridiculous that all these bans are being put on e-cigs. As a matter of fact, that is why I'm still smoking regular cigs! I was doing good on my e-cigs and got so much grief about it at a BAR that it pissed me off and I went outside and smoked a real one! Damned if you do and damned if you don't sort of thing! And they DO NOT have much of an odor! Only if you're right up next to it! Actually, anyone would like the smell of mine - it is cinnamon and so good!
Myalyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:03 PM   #1980
Angiedee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post

I just went threw TSA no Problem I had it in my carry on bag in a small case
just make sure batteries are off and I didnt have liquid loaded till i pass threw TSA

love my vape

Last edited by Angiedee; 05-02-2014 at 08:05 PM. Reason: spell check
Angiedee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: