Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2014, 11:01 PM   #18
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post

I am no expert or historian, but wasn't Toy Story Mania built recently? That draws quite a bit! What I am seeing is the lack of a number of headliner attractions. However, when a new attraction opens, WOW! Toy Story Mania is that type of ride for me. The real WOW factor ride is RSR in DCA. You talk about an attraction! Then you can also talk about lines and wait times for stand by and FP-. I am no FP+ lover by any means, but if there is an attraction that needs a FP+ type booking, it would by RSR. I would have loved to have Reserved an ride time early for RSR. I would have waited for rope drop, use Wide Right stand by manuver, and then come back later at my pre arranged time.
Good question...

And the answer is generally "no"

Toy story opened in 2008...that's not recent...Disney will try to sucker you Into thinking that...and that is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

They are grinding what they have down into the ground because they are not investing enough... Some, but not enough. There new developments are being stretched out over 5+ years. That's so insane it must be deliberate. It's actual much easier to build these now than 1950-2000...as they readily admit. Fabrication is computer aided/controlled. But they can't throw up the mine train without taking about 2 years longer than big thunder mountain? Come on

These Disney parks...as Walt Disney said...we're designed never to be finished. They are organic...they have to continue to grow/evolve. That is the only way they justify their costs and continue to stand alone as first class. They simply are not doing this anymore. They have a couple of suits in charge now who talk a good game...but they are working on the fringes...like an elaborate rearrangement of fantasyland...and allowing the core to decay.

That is the general direction and it's starting to really show the warts.

Toy story:.. Also...is really just a solid b/c ride. Not somekind of heavy hitter. The long lines are more indicative of the characters and a lack of really much else to do than anything...not that it's somekind of wonderful.

Men in Black over at universal is actually a better ride.. With lesser theming...that opened in 2000 with no fanfare...with a more interesting track layout, rider control, and animatronics. But that ride doesn't have to be the backbone of the park.

The fact that toy story does is a really sad Indictment...

My opinion.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: