Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2014, 03:22 PM   #226
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 15... Boston

Friday 5th July

Sadly, this was the last day of our vacation.

We packed our suitcases, and left them at reception in the hotel – then went for one last walk around the city.

We got some breakfast at Au Bon Pain on Newbury Street – I had a smoked salmon and wasabi bagel that was delicious!

We walked to Bolyston Street and to the Prudential building – and decided to go up to the sky line viewing area.

We spent about an hour up there, it was fantastic to see the city from above after spending the last few days walking around it!

The Boston Marathon finish line..

The Ducks..

Fenway Park...

We were given handsets to listen to, and there were also displays in the centre to read...

I'd really recommend this for a first or last day of a trip to Boston.

After this, we weren't sure what to do as we only had a couple of hours until we were due at the airport.

disneybarbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:27 PM   #227
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Day 15... Boston

We walked back to the Common and sat for a while, then made our way back to the hotel.

Still with an hour until we needed to get to the airport, we decided to try out the hotel bar – Cuffs!

They were showing Wimbledon tennis in the bar, it looked like nice weather back home in England

At 3pm, we got a taxi to Logan airport – check in was quick and soon we were through security. It was a pretty small terminal, unlike Orlando, so we did a little duty free shopping and then got an early dinner at Durgin Park – a version of a famous Boston restaurant that one of the trolley tour guides had recommended.

We had a really nice meal there, after we got a coffee at Starbucks and sat watching the planes take off and land.

Then it was time to head home!

Overall, this was one of the best holidays I've ever had. Getting to spend a few days at WDW, then an amazing cruise.. and then visiting an incredible city... perfect!

Thank you for reading along and commenting!

Emma x
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2014, 03:31 PM   #228
Dugette
DIS Veteran

You really got to know Boston on this trip. That Freedom Trail walk sounds like a great way to see things (except for having to walk all the way back!) And what a cool July 4th you had! Something you'll always remember, I'm sure. Very patriotic and moving. Loved hearing about it.
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 03:35 PM   #229
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Ah, you added the final post as I was commenting!

Great trip! I've enjoyed re-living it along with you.
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:15 PM   #230
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

What an incredible last couple of days! I always watch the Boston Pops celebration on TV on the 4th but it must have been awesome to see it live!

Jill in CO
Old 02-22-2014, 11:11 PM   #232
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

What a fabulous way to end your trips to the states. I'm glad you got to enjoy such a fabulous 4th of July here in America!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us! I can't wait to hear about the next trip you'll plan!
DH Me DS (5) DD (2) and Baby #3 due in March!
My (very bare) Fall 2013 Pre-trip Report!
7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
cindianne320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:39 AM   #233
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I love all of the quintessential "American" things you guys did in Boston! I've never been there over the 4th, but I've heard the fireworks are amazing!
And I love your outfit for the Red Sox game-- very spirited!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #234
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Emma how in the world did I miss your last update!?!

What an amazing view of Boston from up there. I really wish we had more than one full day when we went. So much to do and see. But it looks like you guys had such a great trip. Thanks for sharing!

Okay...now is there going to be a TR from your Marathon trip??

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:08 AM   #235
Dream426
Love Disney!!

Love your pictures of Boston. It is a great place to visit. You really got to see it well. Glad you had a great time.

Gianna's First of Many WDW Trips March 2013!! PTR

Gianna and Sophia's First Trip to Disney World September 2014 PTR!!

Dream426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:17 AM   #236
Disneydreaming85
Earning My Ears

Hi Emma, it's Catherine, Patrick's (from The AA) fiancée! Just came across your trip report, small world!! Have loved reading it

We're going to WDW and the disney fantasy at end of August, so excited!

We've randomly picked our cabin in pretty much the same location as you stayed in, 8082, so the other side of the ship. Would you recommend this area? Good/bad points?

Thanks!
Disneydreaming85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:04 PM   #237
NOKA06
Earning My Ears

I have really enjoyed your TR. Beautiful photos and great journal! Thank you so much for letting us enjoy your trip.
NOKA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:57 PM   #238
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
You really got to know Boston on this trip. That Freedom Trail walk sounds like a great way to see things (except for having to walk all the way back!) And what a cool July 4th you had! Something you'll always remember, I'm sure. Very patriotic and moving. Loved hearing about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Ah, you added the final post as I was commenting!

Great trip! I've enjoyed re-living it along with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
What an incredible last couple of days! I always watch the Boston Pops celebration on TV on the 4th but it must have been awesome to see it live!

Jill in CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Bravo - great TR
Loved all the photos from Boston
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
What a fabulous way to end your trips to the states. I'm glad you got to enjoy such a fabulous 4th of July here in America!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us! I can't wait to hear about the next trip you'll plan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
I love all of the quintessential "American" things you guys did in Boston! I've never been there over the 4th, but I've heard the fireworks are amazing!
And I love your outfit for the Red Sox game-- very spirited!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream426 View Post
Love your pictures of Boston. It is a great place to visit. You really got to see it well. Glad you had a great time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOKA06 View Post
I have really enjoyed your TR. Beautiful photos and great journal! Thank you so much for letting us enjoy your trip.
Thank you all for reading along and commenting, it was fun to write about this trip and relive it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
Emma how in the world did I miss your last update!?!

What an amazing view of Boston from up there. I really wish we had more than one full day when we went. So much to do and see. But it looks like you guys had such a great trip. Thanks for sharing!

Okay...now is there going to be a TR from your Marathon trip??
Thanks Lesha - the view from the Prudential was so good, it was nice to be able to piece together all the places we'd visited in the days before!

Last couple of months have flown by but I will try to get on to a January 2014 TR soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydreaming85 View Post
Hi Emma, it's Catherine, Patrick's (from The AA) fiancée! Just came across your trip report, small world!! Have loved reading it

We're going to WDW and the disney fantasy at end of August, so excited!

We've randomly picked our cabin in pretty much the same location as you stayed in, 8082, so the other side of the ship. Would you recommend this area? Good/bad points?

Thanks!
Hi! Wow that is a 'small world' - nice to hear from you

We really liked having a stateroom on deck 8 - only a few staircases up to the restaurant/pool areas (sometimes the lifts are busy, so we found it easier to walk) ... for our honeymoon, we were on deck 10 and actually found it a bit noisy some nights as we could hear the crew cleaning the restaurant Cabanas above us on deck 11!
I think being that side of the ship won't make very much difference... it's nice to be able to see the docks as you arrive at the ports from your balcony

I hope all is going well with your wedding/honeymoon plans! Which cruise itinerary did you pick?

Emma x
Old 03-30-2014, 01:17 PM   #239
disneybarbie
Disney Princess

New TR!

Link to new TR if anyone would like to read about the January half marathon trip!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3256814

Emma x

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: