Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #91
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

So sorry to hear about your SIL.

I haven't been to CP in years but I remember it was amazing. I love holiday Illuminations too.

Jill in CO
Old 02-20-2014, 10:18 PM   #92
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

So Sorry to hear about your SIL, prayers being sent.

I really want to do the CP one of these days. I went at Christmas a few times and for some reason never knew about it until maybe 3-4 years ago, I had thought it might be new but looked it up and it has been around for years.

Dinner at La Hacienda looked great! We plan to try one of the Mexico restaurants on our next trip.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2014, 01:44 AM   #93
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I'm so sorry to hear about your SIL.

The meal at Hacienda looked amazing, we enjoyed our tequila lunch there during F&W and I'm looking forward to having a meal there sometime. We love Mexican food and I enjoy something besides the regular old taco joint.

The CP sounds amazing, we've seen it at DL, but never been to WDW at Christmastime so never had the chance.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:30 AM   #94
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Sorry to hear about your SIL Ellen. Prayers to her and your entire family.

Loved the fireworks at EPCOT this year. Especially the Holiday version. Very good. And your photo of the fountain in France is beautiful. EPCOT is just the coolest park.

And we love Crew's Cup Lounge. We visited a couple of times and the special drink they were serving, Santa's Little Helper, was wonderful! I may of had 2 or 3 while we were there. Yummmmm.
Old 02-21-2014, 10:03 AM   #95
stinksmom
Friends are the family you choose....

So sorry to hear about your sister-in-law! Will say some prayers for her!

We love Hacienda too. We usually split the meal that Pods and your son (forgot which one ) split. DH loves meat - me not so much but I do love the corn on that platter! And we went to the CP on our trip in 2012. I absolutely loved it! It is on the list for our trip in early December this year. My best friend's family is joining us in December and I know she will love it too

And now I know why I don't let DH read trip reports - he is a teacher too and we are soooo ready to leave Iowa. He would be thrilled to be a bartender down there. He has done a little for a friend who owns a bar/restaurant and he loves to just meet new people and talk! But we need to wait until DD is off to college because she would never leave her friends here....

Can't wait to read more!
Old 02-21-2014, 11:02 AM   #96
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I'm so sorry about your SIL.

The Candelight Processional does look lovely. I know its something I would enjoy, though I'm not sure the kids would sit still for it. I'm not even sure Mike would sit still for it...he's almost as bad as they are!

I wanted to try La Hacienda, but some of the menu items looked like they might be way too "authentic" Mexican food for my family. These guys are used to the fajitas and tacos you get at Chili's and Moe's!
Old 02-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #97
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Right, I am now hijaking your TR with a mini Vancouver TR

Fine by me! I invited you, remember!

We spent 3 days before the cruise and 3 days after the cruise in Vancouver so managed to pack a lot in

We visited the Capilano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain, took a sea plane over to Victoria for the day, and headed to Whistler one day as well. Just before the cruise we visited Fly Over Canada at Canada Place (think Soarin')

The city itself is great and very easy to navigate. Lots of great restaurants and coffee shops and lots of shopping opportunites, Granville Island has a wonderful market

But honestly, one of my fondest memories of our time there ……… renting bikes and cycling around Stanley Park …… DO IT!!!!!

We had brunch at the Teahouse Restaurant in the Park and visited the aquarium. There is a designated cycle path and the views are beautiful

Phew… I haven't even mentioned Alaska and all the fun to be had there !!
Awesome! Did you write about this? I mean, other than here? I feel like I have read all this somewhere- SO HAPPY one of your favorite memories was riding bikes! Can't WAIT to tell Tim! Grouse mountain looks incredible- don't know if we'll have time to go this time, though. And the Tea House also looks so nice- I do know we will be having dinner here- at Chewie's. http://chewies.ca/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
How fun you met a couple from Canada-Seattle! They asked the right person for advice - it would be hard to choose what to say first

I was talking really fast, I hope they caught what I was saying!

I didn't realize BI did the WHO too. I have only seen the Beatles, which I loved. I noticed all the front row peeps were Sr Citizens!

Well, there used to be a band that ONLY did the Beatles- then a few yeras ago they ended and this one started with more of a variety of British Rock. They do a little Beatles, too, though.

Vancouver is so beautiful! We rented a car and went to Butchart Gardens, which was a bust because it was Spring and they had a late Winter up there, (It was still beautiful, just short on flowers) and the Dunsmuir castle, which I loved because it was historical, but I'm not sure your boys would be so into it.
It looks like a gorgeous city, I have really only heard and read good things. I think I will be very sad we have such limited time there.I would LOVE to see those gardens- they are supposed to be glorious- but I think my boys would all be over it in 10 minutes, unfortunately. Maybe I'll go back someday....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Thanks!!!

My parents and Claire are coming with me. Skip will be flying down later in the week and then we'll go on the Magic.

VERY jealous! I can't wait to see the Magic! Which itinerary?

We are staying at the Marriott Grand Vista! My parents have a time share there and have stayed several times, but it will be a first for Claire and I. It does look nice.

Is that the one Brook was just at? Looks gorgeous! Are you going to check out SeaWorld or anything?

Great Epcot day! I just love all the holiday decor. I really need to get back near the holidays again!!!!
Me TOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWGal210 View Post
Hey roomie! Sounds like a great trip so far!!

Hi Katie! Can't WAIT til our trip next month!!

I have traveled with my 18 year old brother, and I have the same "early mornings" battle. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

Yes, it is a common theme among teens....not sure i wanted to get up then either!

What AWESOME food and drinks you got at Epcot! Sweet!

Can't wait to read more!
I really need to update my ticker- I LOVE that you have one for our trip!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:47 PM   #98
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Nice update. I think that couple found the perfect person to ask for DIS advice!
LOL- yea, when they asked if I had any advice for them, i was like

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Love all the Epcot treats and you crack me up with funny pictures! The BCV is such a great place to stay. I can't wait to see it after the refurb!
I forgot about the refurb! It does need it, I hope it turns out as well as the BWV's did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Refurb??? Huh? We don't visit WDW very often anymore. Didn't know DCV was being redone. We are trying to decide between AKV and BCV for our Thanksgiving trip this year. This may sway me. Tell me more.

Jodie
Hi Jodie! Those are both so nice- we have points at each, and they are my favorite resorts. BCV is so convenient, and AKV is just so impressive and a world away....

No one knows exactly what the refurb will be yet, but as of now they have different carpet samples around (not that I noticed them- this was a VERY rushed stay). It is starting later this year, I think.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #99
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemama View Post
it's been more than a minute..... lol

Photobucket was a NIGHTMARE yesterday!

Never been to La Hacienda. Looks like a great place though with some great food. Yum!

Can't wait to see what CP was like.....
La Hacienda was fantastic- we had made and cancelled ADRs there several times- I made a final and executive decision THIS was IT for this trip! Of course, I did consider changing it about 12 times.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
I am so glad that you liked La Hacienda!!!!! I think that is my most favorite place to eat at EPCOT! It is so good. Me and Bobby always share the dinner that has the scallops, shrimp and fish. It is so, so good! And I think I usually get the blueberry/basil margarita there. Yummo! But I may have to change next time we go and get those shrimp tacos. Those looked delicious.

I wanted to try both of those big plates, I know the fish one gets raves, but I was just in the mood for the tacos. Pods would normally have chosen the fish, but because he was splitting with Tim, who is a little picky, he went with meat. I only drank water or diet coke with dinner that night- we needed a BREAK lol!

And your pictures of the Candlelight Processional are so much better than mine. It was definitely a highlight of our trip.
Thanks! I hope I am lucky enough to enjoy it again one day....hopefully with the two women I was texting during it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemama View Post
so sorry about your sister in law Mariana - it is so hard to go through that. Definitely in my prayers - you and your whole family. My sister in law passed away 3 years ago to a very rare form of cancer, it was a very sudden diagnosis and she passed away very quickly (4 months after diagnosis) We learned a lot about resting in the Lord and living every moment with grace and love.

Thanks and so sorry for your loss. 4 months must have been horrible. How is her family now?

The Hallelujah chorus is one of my favs too! I bawled like a baby during that one when we were there. And I'm a 1st soprano too Not sure if I could still hit the highest notes anymore - I don't sing as much as I used to.

So it's not just me! Thank YOU!! I am 51, and I can still hit the notes- it is SHOCKING to me. You never know what you might still be able to do.....

Love that the Canadian CM's were doing their own thing. That is truly who were are - all slightly crazy but having fun! Though I have to say the whole plaid shirt thing.... I know it is kind of Canadian from the Hudson Bay company but they really could come up with some better costuming for Canada of today.
You mean that's not what you are wearing right NOW????
Old 02-21-2014, 02:11 PM   #100
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Sorry to hear that your sister-in-law is declining. Glad that you were able to visit her last month. Thoughts and prayers sent to her and your whole family.

Thanks Kristi- and yes, it was very good we went when we did- she was just starting to decline then, but still able to do things- we had such a lovely time together, and alot of fun one night going to see her Dad sing Karaoke!

Well, I was going to post a photo, but I can't even get ON PB at ALL (I know, I am really surprised too).

Thanks for sharing some video. I love music and always get goosebumps when I hear something beautiful like that.

That whole concert is goosbumps- if you liked this little bit, you would really love it!

Those tacos look delicious!
And they were....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Sorry to hear about your sister in law
I can totally understand how the CP could make you feel so emotional
Your photos are great
Thank you, Linda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Do you love Canada?

Whatever gave you that idea? We met at least 30 Canadians in Mexico last month and had the BEST time with all of them-add that to the fabulous Canadians we met on the cruise and the ones I already know and adore, and yea- I LOVE CANADA!

What a wonderful day. You looked to enjoy yourselves so much. I am loving the food pictures. I just read a TR post on Passporters today and they had a lot of the same food and it looked so good!!!
Can't WAIT to see all the new additions at F&G this year- less than a month away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
I can see why the CP was so moving for you. SO sorry about Mariana.

Thanks Sally.

Canada/Canadians really are just freakin' awesome right?!

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Jealous of Bill the bartender. I want to get away from this snow!
He was a guy with a great attitude- very nice, very entertaining, made my drink that was no longer on the menu. Planning on paying him a visit or 2 in a few weeks when we are staying at YC.
Old 02-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #101
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
So sorry to hear about your SIL.

Thanks Luv.

I haven't been to CP in years but I remember it was amazing. I love holiday Illuminations too.

Jill in CO
I agree completely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
So Sorry to hear about your SIL, prayers being sent.

Thank you very, very much.

I really want to do the CP one of these days. I went at Christmas a few times and for some reason never knew about it until maybe 3-4 years ago, I had thought it might be new but looked it up and it has been around for years.

Yes- forever! Gary Sinese did it the first year- and told them he would be back always to do it because it was so powerful- I think they said he has missed one year since then.

Dinner at La Hacienda looked great! We plan to try one of the Mexico restaurants on our next trip.
I definitely liked this food better than San Angel- but the ambiance of the other can't be beat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your SIL.

Thank you Alison.

The meal at Hacienda looked amazing, we enjoyed our tequila lunch there during F&W and I'm looking forward to having a meal there sometime. We love Mexican food and I enjoy something besides the regular old taco joint.

I remember your tequila lunch- I am hoping to talk my friends into that or the sake one (if they have it again) or one in France when we go in Oct!

The CP sounds amazing, we've seen it at DL, but never been to WDW at Christmastime so never had the chance.
Is it the same event? I hope to go to DL for the holidays someday- definitely on my bucket list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Sorry to hear about your SIL Ellen. Prayers to her and your entire family.

Thanks, Chris. I appreciate it.

Loved the fireworks at EPCOT this year. Especially the Holiday version. Very good. And your photo of the fountain in France is beautiful. EPCOT is just the coolest park.

YES IT IS!!!! My favorite!

And we love Crew's Cup Lounge. We visited a couple of times and the special drink they were serving, Santa's Little Helper, was wonderful! I may of had 2 or 3 while we were there. Yummmmm.
That drink looked yummy! But I was only having one, and that one HAD to be the Gran Marnier drink (I was not up for 5 in a half hour yet like I would be later in the trip with YOU, lol....)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinksmom View Post
So sorry to hear about your sister-in-law! Will say some prayers for her!

Thank you Melanie! We really do appreciate that!

We love Hacienda too. We usually split the meal that Pods and your son (forgot which one ) split. DH loves meat - me not so much but I do love the corn on that platter! And we went to the CP on our trip in 2012. I absolutely loved it! It is on the list for our trip in early December this year. My best friend's family is joining us in December and I know she will love it too

He split it with timmy- because Timmy is a slightly picky eater, but he will ALWAYS eat meat. How exciting! You are going at Christmas time AGAIN, and with FRIENDS!

And now I know why I don't let DH read trip reports - he is a teacher too and we are soooo ready to leave Iowa. He would be thrilled to be a bartender down there. He has done a little for a friend who owns a bar/restaurant and he loves to just meet new people and talk! But we need to wait until DD is off to college because she would never leave her friends here....

Bill had nothing but GREAT things to say, you may want to reconsider.... or at least go in there for a drink in December and hear it for yourself.....

Can't wait to read more!
I so wish we had met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I'm so sorry about your SIL.

Thank you so much- it really means alot.

The Candelight Processional does look lovely. I know its something I would enjoy, though I'm not sure the kids would sit still for it. I'm not even sure Mike would sit still for it...he's almost as bad as they are!

So is Pods, and he enjoyed it- different for kids, though.

I wanted to try La Hacienda, but some of the menu items looked like they might be way too "authentic" Mexican food for my family. These guys are used to the fajitas and tacos you get at Chili's and Moe's!
I think that's ok- Timmy's definition of Mexican is ground beef with taco seasoning and a small sprinkling of cheddar cheese on a taco shell- and he really enjoyed the meal. So ya never know!
Old 02-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #102
hilarys
Hilary S

Subscribing to this thread. We currently have the same cruised booked for this year and I want to hear all about it. We were on the Fantasy in Spring Break 2013 and booked NYE 2014/2015 as it was the furthest out cruise we could book. Now with the changes to the OBB policy and the fact that we may not want to wait so long for another cruise, we are pretty certain we will keep it. Just waiting on the 2015 dates to come out to see if there is something else that would inspire me to move the date (Baltics maybe??).

Hilary
hilarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #103
podsnel

Just a few pics from around the BC and BCV .....and Oh! I had forgotten to mention that Melanie (Stinksmom) and I had been messaging back and forth tonight on FB, trying to get together, but unfortunately couldn't seem to make the meet...hopefully we will do better next time!

And then off to bed...because in the morning...we were going on the CRUISE!!!!!

Old 02-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #104
podsnel

Saturday morning was finally HERE!!!!!! We were finally going on the Fantasy!!!! Of course, I was the MOST excited about this of EVERYONE- so I showered up and packed up (not that we had UNpacked too much!) while Pods showered too. BIG surprise, the boys stayed asleep. I had a 9:30am ADR for Captain's Grille for the 4 of- well, I am sure you know there were only 2 of us dining that morning, lol. We were about 20 minutes early, I think. While we waited, we checked out the incredibly well themed village and train in the Yacht Club lobby (the Yacht Club, Katie!!! YAY!)-

Soon we were seated and ordering. I really like trying different restaurants at WDW, especially if they offer something unique- I mean, I can easily make scrambled eggs at home (much better even) so I am looking for something more inventive- and at this restaurant, they had these pancakes that sounded divine....Lemon-Ricotta Hotcakes - blueberry compote, citrus pudding, and savory hash browns $10.99

These were seriously yum- they were very light, and the citrus sauce on them just a bit tart with the blueberries- it was really good! Pods had Lobster Omelet - butter-warmed lobster, asparagus, chive-infused cream and captain's potatoes $13.49 because...ya really don't see too many lobster omelets on a menu, ya know?

His was good, but I think mine was better.

We had a towncar picking us up from Happy Limo at 11, so we went back...

The carousel is really detailed and beautiful...

back to villa

The boys were up- we did feed them something (I have no idea what tho!), called Bell Services and...

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Geissels have left the building!

Time to CRUISE!!

Old 02-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #105
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Those hotcakes look divine!

Yay! It's off to the cruise!

Jill in CO

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: