Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #316
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Boo! I hate getting kicked off the ship! Good idea on the taxi though! The shuttles are horrible!

Jill in CO
Old 02-21-2014, 05:31 PM   #317
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 15 - Part 2 - Is that a dog under there?

Time for T-Rex!

She looks grumpy but it was just very bright

We were early for our reservation so we let Kira play for a bit...

Love the hand washing station here!

We were seated in the blue room, which was pretty cool and nice and close to the bathrooms.

I had the Quesadilla which wasn't very good. I was feeling really crappy though so that might have had something to do with it. I originally had wanted to order a nice big burger but with feeling like I did, I knew it wasn't a good idea!

I had 3 bites and that was it for me!

Kira had the mac and cheese, of we she ate exactly one bite. She ate all the waffle fries though

Rob had and enjoyed this...

It was really cold in the blue room. Kira had to wear her Daddy's jacket just to keep from freezing her cute little tush off

About half way through our meal, I noticed something kinda weird....it was dark and my eyesight was not the greatest so I had to confer with Rob...the table next to us had a dog with them!

Rob then pointed out to me that there were actually TWO dogs on the floor!

It didn't bother me. I assumed they were service animals. I'm sure there must be some kind of health code though preventing this, no? I don't know

Maybe someone smarter than me can educate us all on this.

Like I said it didn't bother me in the least, in fact, I thought it was rather neat! They behaved perfectly, never even moved and I bet most people never even noticed! I just thought it was weird that they were just right there and not somewhere in a quiet corner. Everyone who used the bathroom had to walk right by them. I was thinking that it would suck if someone was super allergic
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2014, 05:58 PM   #318
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 15 - Part 3 - The very long, sad journey home

We still had some time to kill as our flight did not leave until 5:30pm. We did some shopping for a bit...

We let Kira do the little rides...

HA! What a goof! She wore that T-Rex hat the whole day HAHAHAH!

I WAS going to grab some sandwiches for the plane but the line at Earl was just RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!

Rob and Kira waited in a very long line to play some Disney Infinity to get some free shirts...

Then it was time to head to the airport!

Dropped off the car at Budget...

And then checked in where we found out that our flight was delayed almost two hours!! We were supposed to get in to Calgary at around 9:30pm, but instead we were now landing at 11:30pm! Made for a loooooong day!!

We never knew exactly why but the plane was delayed in Toronto and would be arriving to Orlando late.

So, we hung out at the Orlando Airport. At least it's a fun airport!

I found a Sketchers where I bought some of those twinkly shoes for my niece for Christmas, we got a bite to eat at the food court (yuck!) and then we boarded our very last (faux) monorail.

We found our gate and hung out...for a very long time!!!

Kira was very tired and started to not feel good. We suggested she get comfy and take a little nap and she did, which tells me that she really wasn't feeling good.

Finally our plane arrived and about 5 minutes before they started boarding, Kira tells me that she really doesn't feel good. I felt her head and she was burning up!!!

OMG, we are about to get on a plane for a 5 hour flight and our poor pumpkin was really sick. I RAN over to the little shop and thanked the good Lord that there was some Children's Advil for sale. Gave her a dose of that right as we boarded and hoped for the best.

She pretty much slept the first 4 hours of the flight.

Her head on her daddy and her feet on her mommy LOL! Sigh, we must love her or something

With about an hour to go, they handed out the Canada Customs forms, so we woke up for that. Kira doodled while I filled out the form.

We landed, took the ridiculously long walk to Customs, grabbed our luggage and met up with Rob's dad around midnight!

He was kind enough to give us a ride home where we hurried to get Kira to bed so she could get some much needed rest!

I unpacked a few things and it was 2AM by the time we got to bed. I felt like a freaking zombie! Sick, tired and just SPENT!!

The next day, my wonderful hubby did ALL the laundry and took care of his two sick girls. Told ya he was a keeper!

I was sick for about three weeks before I got better. Then a few days later, Kira brought home a cough from school and gave it to me

That turned into pneumonia for me, which I lovingly passed on to Rob and Kira. We were all on antibiotics for the entire month of December. It was so bad that I ended up in the ER! It was the end of January before I felt human again. I tell ya, this was a DOOZY!!!

The life and times of a Lupie

ANYWAYS....that's our trip, folks

It was really fantastic, we had so much fun, made some amazing memories and we cannot wait to get back!

That won't be until 2015 for us but hey, at least it's not FOUR years!!!

I will eventually edit the video footage from our trip and make some videos. When they are done, I will post them here.

In the meantime, I am leaving in TWO sleeps for....

DISNEYLAND!!!!

I'm headed down to beautiful sunny southern California for some Travel Agent training. Sadly, Rob and Kira won't be with me but I get to meet and spend some time with my fellow MWT agent, Jen and it's her first time to DL, so I am excited for her to see everything! I'm looking forward to taking a break from this utterly depressing winter and wearing my shorts and goWalks again!

I won't be doing a trip report but I will be posting some pics on my FB TA page if you would like to follow along

https://www.facebook.com/disneycass

A huge THANK YOU for all of you who took the time out of your busy days to read about and share in our Disney adventures. Thanks for all the comments, kind words and good wishes, they mean SO much to me!

And that's it for "The Trip that DID NOT suck!!! "

The End

Last edited by Timon; 02-22-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #319
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Wow… I had a lot to catch up on! I am so sad it's over though There was so much that I didn't know about like the early Farewell party… I guess I really needed to read my navigator more carefully.

Boy it seems like yesterday that you were in the hospital… I was thinking it was more like a few weeks ago. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. The boys still pray for you in their nightly prayers.
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #320
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

That sucks that Kira got sick too. And that is a long flight to be sick on, but sounds like she did OK. We had a flight where Claire was sick once too and even though our flight was half as long as yours...it was not pleasant at all.

We made a T-rex reservation for the day we got off our cruise in March too. I am laughing at Kira wearing that hat all day. Claire used to do cute things like that but now she is getting in that "got to be cool" stage.

I can't wait to see you in 2 days!!!!! Woohoo. I am so excited to have you as my tour guide!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:33 PM   #321
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Well, the end of your trip sucked! Glad you are feeling better now...Can't wait to hear about DL. Wish you were writing a report but I will follow along on FB!

Jill in CO
Old 02-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #322
minnieandmickey
Queen of the run on sentence!

Noooooooo it can't be over! I loved reading this every night, well on the nights you posted. Thanks so much for sharing. I hope we will get to see you in 2015. Enjoy Disneyland, we've had some great weather. Heck never had a winter . Oh and I think the car is a Chevy Equinox
My life at Disney: DL - started in 1978 too many times to count. First time AP holder in 2012, spent a total of 14 days! WDW- 10th anniversary- May 1999(Dixie Landings), 2005(off site),2006(POP/POFQ),2007(WLV),2008(AKV),2011(OKW) DCL- 3 day Bahamas Wonder 2002, 4 Day Bahamas Wonder 2006, 7 day Western Caribbean Magic 2007, 20 days on the Magic 2008, B2B Panama Canal and 5 day double dip, Sarah's gradapalooza 4 day Bahamas on the Dream and 7 Day Eastern Caribbean on the Magic 2011, DLP, October 2013
Up next Best Aunt and Uncle WDW/DCL, taking DNiece on her first trip! November 2014, Miami Western Caribbean October 2015 B2B Fantasy KK Reunion Cruise, Eastern Caribbean, October 2015

Last edited by minnieandmickey; 02-22-2014 at 12:30 AM.
minnieandmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:58 AM   #323
disneyfam
Mouseketeer

sniff... the TR is over.

But now we can go back and read it ALL over and over again.

Cynde

Dec 29 Jan 1, 2010
Our trips as a family:
July 10-20, 2010 - Our first trip "home" as new DVC members!
disneyfam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:06 AM   #324
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

Cass,
Sorry you came home sick. I know what that was like. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your next Disney adventure.
Lee
Riverside-12/1995 , off property 10-1994, Carribean Beach 1/1994, off property 1977
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
LuvEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:32 PM   #325
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Boo! I hate getting kicked off the ship! Good idea on the taxi though! The shuttles are horrible!

Jill in CO
They really are! I don't mind taking the shuttle TO the ship but getting back is such a pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
Wow… I had a lot to catch up on! I am so sad it's over though There was so much that I didn't know about like the early Farewell party… I guess I really needed to read my navigator more carefully.

Boy it seems like yesterday that you were in the hospital… I was thinking it was more like a few weeks ago. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. The boys still pray for you in their nightly prayers.
Awww, that is so sweet of them

I can't wait to meet you guys!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
That sucks that Kira got sick too. And that is a long flight to be sick on, but sounds like she did OK. We had a flight where Claire was sick once too and even though our flight was half as long as yours...it was not pleasant at all.

We made a T-rex reservation for the day we got off our cruise in March too. I am laughing at Kira wearing that hat all day. Claire used to do cute things like that but now she is getting in that "got to be cool" stage.

I can't wait to see you in 2 days!!!!! Woohoo. I am so excited to have you as my tour guide!
Ugh, it is tough to be sick on a plane. Thankfully, she made it home okay, I am glad our flight was in the evening because by then she was just exhausted so she just slept. Even I had a few little cat naps

NOT looking forward to that cool stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Well, the end of your trip sucked! Glad you are feeling better now...Can't wait to hear about DL. Wish you were writing a report but I will follow along on FB!

Jill in CO
Sorry, no report on that one. I'm not even taking my camera Just my iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnieandmickey View Post
Noooooooo it can't be over! I loved reading this every night, well on the nights you posted. Thanks so much for sharing. I hope we will get to see you in 2015. Enjoy Disneyland, we've had some great weather. Heck never had a winter . Oh and I think the car is a Chevy Equinox
Becky!!! I didn't even know you were reading! How awesome

Even if you had bad weather, it would still be a HUGE improvement over what we have been getting here

Equinox! Thanks! Now I know what not to buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfam View Post
sniff... the TR is over.

But now we can go back and read it ALL over and over again.

Cynde
Hi Cynde

I like your thought process

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
Cass,
Sorry you came home sick. I know what that was like. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your next Disney adventure.
Lee
At least we made it almost the entire vacation healthy

Thanks for reading
Old 02-22-2014, 03:44 PM   #326
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

When I first read your latest update at DTD, I was on my iPhone. I saw the pic of the outside of Earls and never realized that was the line until I logged back onto my laptop. OMG!! I get all whiney when I have to wait in line inside! I never realized the line snakes along outside too. Yikes!

We met up with a couple old cruise buddies that morning at DTD too and that parking lot was C R A Z Y wasn't it? We could've walked from Saratoga and gotten there faster.

Loved the entire trippie, Cass! It was a pleasure to partake with you guys again on a Disney cruise. It was one of our favorite vacations ever! What do you say?....Let's do it again sometime!!
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:09 PM   #327
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Wow... it's so funny how I don't know you guys personally and was not on this trip and yet the report ending makes me sad! I have read probably almost all your reports and they are always so incredibly enjoyable. Thank you so much for taking the time to write them! I hope you are feeling well these days and will have an AMAZING time in Disneyland! I am hoping to get there soon myself so I am excited to follow your updates. I just liked your page... have a magical time!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #328
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Talking to self....she is not done, she is not done, she is not done...

Oh Cass, how can we say thank you, for giving us hours and hours of pure Disney enjoyment. THANK YOU!!!! I loved every single minute of it. I am so sorry to hear how awful sick you got, but if it had to happen I'm glad it was at the end and not during.

What an absolutely fabulous trip, I'm so happy for you, Kira and Rob! You all deserve it, after everything you've been through.

I am following you on FB for sure, I hope to see Disneyland, I haven't been there since age 3!

Well, I'll see you again soon my friend, and maybe someday we can actually meet each other, wouldn't that be so nice?
Old 02-23-2014, 07:16 PM   #329
SplashMom
I have a whole new perspective on life!
We are all Disney fanatics

I loved your trip report and I'm so happy the trip didn't suck, lol!! I have read your earlier reports and they are so wonderful...with tons of photos. In fact, I think yours are some of the very few trip reports I have read from beginning to end. I feel like I know you and your family, especially being a fellow Canadian, lol!

Enjoy your trip to Disneyland! I am following along on Facebook...but I leave in 10 days for a short cruise on the Dream and then our first stay at BLT!
April/May 2007 Pop Century / March 2008 POR / April/May 2009 Caribbean Beach / March 2010 POFQ / August 2010 Pop Century / February 2011 Port Orleans Riverside / February 2012 Port Orleans Riverside / March 2013 AKL Kidani Village and our first cruise on the Disney Dream / May 2013 Aulani...Paradise!/ March 2014 Dream Cruise...Bay Lake Tower/ March 2015 Beach Club and Western Caribbean Cruise!!
SplashMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 10:52 AM   #330
ChefDisneyLu
Mouseketeer

Wow! What a great TR! Thank you for sharing. Your family is beautiful and I am so glad you had a great time!

Lisa
May, 2010 - Pop Century
September, 2010 - Polynesian

[/url]
ChefDisneyLu is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: