Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2014, 06:07 AM   #16
stba2006
DIS Veteran

Aww I love this thread and have now got a list of other pets I would like

I have 3 ex battery hens Hattie, Holly and Polly,
2 English lop rabbits Sooty & Sandy (I used to have 3 (Bucky Bear) but one sadly passed away on Boxing day )

Bucky Bear. Such a cutey with bundles of character. Miss him loads

1 border collie cross - Izzy (my fiancés really but I still love her loads
and my special little girl Poppie, my 5 year old Golden Retriever

I love her to bits and she follows me every-where. It never fails to put a huge smile on my face the way she greets me even when I have only been gone for half an hour

Last edited by stba2006; 02-21-2014 at 08:15 AM.
stba2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #17
pampat
Never Forget: It was all started by a Mouse!

My lovely Joey cat.

and:

Our very own grinning (nearly) Cheshire cat, Crusha.

Both of them rescue cats from when we lived on the isle of Man, hence Crusha's name - it's Manx. We rescued them at the same time, Crusha was a year old, had been abused and abandoned with a litter of kittens. She still is a little scaredy cat, very nervous and hates strangers in the house. Joey is of indeterminate age, but is on Metacam for his arthritis, so it considerably older than Crush. He is completely opposite to her, temperamentally. He is a complete tart with other people. In fact we have a decorator in the house at the moment, and she cowers under the furniture to stay out of his way, whereas Joe won't leave the poor chap alone, and is bothering him all day for attention!

Always had a house full of pets, cats, dogs, birds, hamsters, but I think I am definitely a cat person.

Pam
pampat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2014, 02:12 PM   #18
BudgieMama
DIS Veteran

Well, I think my username is a bit of a give away about our fids (bird keeper's term for feathered kids!).

This is the flock together... it's hard to get them all still and together, so this photo is over a year old now- they're all a bit bigger by now!

I'll introduce them individually however.

This is Seymour. He is the most energetic, and noisiest of the flock. We think he's the youngest, and is most likely Audrey's brother. He is paired with Eve, whom he adores. She tolerates him, poor boy, but he is a lovely little thing. Very cheeky and cheerful.

This is his sister, Audrey. She is the most nervous of our flock, but is very gentle and loving. She likes to kiss us on the nose, which is adorable. She is paired with George, and the two of them are very sweet together, often preening each other and feeding each other.

This is our little madam, Eve. Eve came to us with George from a family who couldn't keep them anymore. She has had 11 babies, so we are preventing her from breeding anymore as she is not in the best of health. She's the fattest (and greediest), and likes to cause trouble. She talks ("pretty" or "pretty Eve") which is unusual in a flock bird, but will only talk to me, not my DH. However, she won't step up for me, only my DH. She also sometimes likes to bite.

This is George. Like Audrey, he is a gentle little thing, but he's also very scatterbrained. He often daydreams or sits chirping to himself, and fails to notice what the rest of the flock are up to. He is quite a charming fellow though, and he dotes on Audrey.

So, my little flock!
Upcoming: October 2014: Yorkshire/Blackpool * February 2015: Iceland
Lifelong Dream: PTR Report *** Living the Dream Trip Report *** http://longsdisneytrip.blogspot.co.uk/
BudgieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #19
BudgieMama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaMini View Post
We also have 3 dags, 2 cats, 2 ducks, 2 chickens, 6 parrots and 2 miniature shetland ponies!
Oooh, what sort of parrots do you have?
Upcoming: October 2014: Yorkshire/Blackpool * February 2015: Iceland
Lifelong Dream: PTR Report *** Living the Dream Trip Report *** http://longsdisneytrip.blogspot.co.uk/
BudgieMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #20
LunaMini
Believing is just the beginning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgieMama View Post
Oooh, what sort of parrots do you have?
We have 2 blue and gold macaws, 2 african greys, a senegal and a conure

Loving all your budgies! We had approx 80 before we moved house!
October 2010 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Cheyenne
July 2012 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Santa Fe
March 2014 - Birthday Treat - Disneyland Hotel!
LunaMini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #21
LunaMini
Believing is just the beginning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickyrowe View Post
I don't have my little man anymore as it will be 4 years in a couple of weeks since I had to have him PTS, but here is my amazing boy , Napoleon Dynamite ( Diddy)

I'm sorry you had to have him PTS, they say it's the last kind thing you can do for them though. I may be facing this with Arth on Monday (he was diagnosed with facet joint Arthritis in his neck at the start of December, but isn't responding to treatment, Monday is make or break I think)

I just wanted to say though, he's gorgeous, just like a mini Haflinger! We also have 2 miniature shetlands, little monkeys!
October 2010 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Cheyenne
July 2012 - Magical Mini Adventure - Hotel Santa Fe
March 2014 - Birthday Treat - Disneyland Hotel!
LunaMini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #22
princess_ariel_85
DIS Veteran

Aww gorgeous pets everyone!

BudgieMama your birds are lovely. I have a soft spot for budgies, it amazes me how they have a wide variety of personalities. We always used to keep budgies, my sister also has 4 at the moment. One of which is tiny compared to his friends but he's a very persistent and destructive little thing lol.

As for me & DH we live in an apartment so we can't have cats or dogs. Instead we have 2 bearded dragons and 2 musk turtles.

We've had the beardies for just under 4 years. We named them after two of our favourite game characters. Link (from Legend of Zelda) & Ezio (from Assassins Creed).

Ezio & Link when they were babies (and were friends)

As they got older they began to fight. Even though he was the smallest Link always won, so we had to separate them.

Ezio

Link

Klavier and Apollo are our newest members of the family. They've been with us roughly 9 months. Following tradition they were also named after game characters. Both names come from the DS game Ace Attorney:Apollo Justice.

Klavier

Apollo
Old 03-12-2014, 04:05 AM   #23
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Lovely to see everyone's pets!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:46 AM   #24
finchy3
Mouseketeer

Whenever I try to post a picture to the site it fails to load, where am I going wrong?
finchy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: