Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2014, 08:54 PM   #76
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Next he went about explaining the menu to us and how if there was something we didn’t like he would suggest a substitute that would be just as delicious and pleasant. Vincent asked for our choices in wines and sent the wine sommelier over to our table. As comfortable as Vincent made me feel, she made me feel very uncomfortable. I’m not a wine drinker and I told her as such but when I asked for suggestions she kind of blew me off and we ended out settling for Taittinger. That behind us it was time to order from our prospective menus.
Dan Chose Chef Arnaud Lallement while I chose Chef Scott Hunnel. The following photos are in order of Chefs creations.
Taittinger Champagne

Little Lamp and Floral arrangement

Edge of our booth...little Remy's

Signature “R” on napkins

Dan…
Alaskan King Crab…Cannelloni, Hearts of Palm and Caviar Vinaigrette

Saint Pierre…John Dory with Chorizo Espuma and Spicy Carrot Mousse

Pigeonneau…Young Pigeon Pie with Foie Gras, Spinach and tomato

Cochon Cul Noir…Black pork loin with Siffon Potato, Pork Trotter Stew and Glazed Ham

Linda…
Declinaison Tomate…Variations of tomato, Tart, Iced, Parmesan Espums and Tomato

Lobster…with Vanilla, Bisque and Lobster Roe Foam

Turbot Cotier…Coastal Turbot with Vin Faune and Gnocchi

Australian Wagyu…This was something new described as a deconstructed taco

Next came the cheese course if we weren’t already getting full at this point. There were many choices. Hard cheeses, soft and in between.
Cheese cart and cheeses

Next..Dessert
Red napkin for final course

Peruvian Chocolate…Gelato

Chocolate…Praline with edible gold

Champagne and chocolaty compliment to dessert

Continued some more...
shadowryter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #77
marquislaura
Mouseketeer

Following along, great TR.
marquislaura is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #78
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I started reading your report before we left for our first Fantasy cruise and now I am back and its over .
We had dinner at Remy also, our menu was a bit different than yours, but delicious none the less.

We never did try a sit down lunch, If I had seen those pictures before we left of the Royal table we would have gone for sure.
Everything looked so good, especially the desserts!
Must do an Eastern Caribbean in the fall!!! Now to convince my hubby.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 04:18 PM   #79
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquislaura View Post
Following along, great TR.
Thanks so much. Thank you for reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
I started reading your report before we left for our first Fantasy cruise and now I am back and its over .
We had dinner at Remy also, our menu was a bit different than yours, but delicious none the less.

We never did try a sit down lunch, If I had seen those pictures before we left of the Royal table we would have gone for sure.
Everything looked so good, especially the desserts!
Must do an Eastern Caribbean in the fall!!! Now to convince my hubby.
I love Remy. How did you love your first Fantasy cruise? Ready for another I bet. See you have to convince hubby so you can try those great lunches.

Last edited by shadowryter; 02-28-2014 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:23 PM   #80
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

More of Remy and the end of a perfect day.

A little anniversary surprise from Vincent

Even more surprises

Dan and I taken by Vincent…he arranged the table for the picture

Dan and I with Vincent

All in all this was an unforgettable evening despite our less than elegant wine sommelier. The food was spectacular and all the little touches made it magical. Such as when a course is about to be served hidden under silver domes another server approached our table and both course were revealed at the same time. Every course. Dan dropped his napkin and it was replaced with a new one. The homemade candies, chocolates, marshmallows and pops…unbelievable and to end it all I was presented with a beautiful long stemmed red rose. Our worries were left behind us as soon as Vincent approached our table. He was warm and friendly and made our special celebration even more so.
Chocolates, pops and a long stem rose for the ladies…lovely

At around 10 pm there was a meet with our cruise companions. Just a simple impromptu Christmas Party to see who was participating in the Ugly Sweater Contest along with some board games and such. Since we were leaving from Remy we were far from casual but headed to O’Gills for the meet. Unfortunately when we arrived I didn't see anyone that I knew from our group so Dan and I waited a bit before heading over to the Skyline for a night cap. I later learned that the venue was changed to the D-Lounge and with the absence of our green bracelets (didn't go well with evening attire) that the staff at O’Gills had no idea we were part of the party that they were supposed to tell about the move. Oh well. Live and learn. We both had our fave, Paris 75 mixed by Julian and served by Priscilla and shared some nice conversation with a lovely young couple who Dan had fun teasing about what to expect when their 2 year old becomes 23, before calling it a night.
Our towel bat

Time to set clocks back

Next…Another sea day and another medical emergency...
Old 02-28-2014, 04:29 PM   #81
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

December 5th…so this is Grand Turks!

We slept in this morning since nothing was really planned until 5 pm for another meet to reveal our Secret Mickey’s. Dan and I just took our time but then a message came over the speakers in the hallway looking for a gentlemen to join the rest of his family. This message started in the common areas, then in the hallways, finally repeating in the staterooms, each message the same and the tone sounding more urgent. When we left our room we heard that we were stopping at Grand Turks for yet another emergency. We went up to deck 12 and watched as we slowly pulled in to the same island as we previously did just a couple of days ago.
View from our porthole

To think we could have been closer to this had I not agreed to switch rooms when DCL asked. Hey...we got a $25 OBC. whoop!
Grand Turks

I don’t know what kind of emergency it was but a family of seven disembarked via lifeboat to the island where the ill person would be airlifted to the nearest hospital. Dan ordered us a drink as I took some shots of this different port of call I had to wonder. What exactly is there to see at Grand Turks? Just my opinion. Oh well and some others. Soon we were headed back on course to Castaway Cay, leaving the Fantasy shy one family. So sad.
Dan surprised me so I don't know what it was...but it was good!

I think it was a Captains MaiTai and a Banana something. Lol!
Someone was there

Life boat returning

Since we were on deck 12 we decided to travel one deck down and try out Cabanas for lunch. They had the usual smorgasbord buffet with lots of things to choose from. Dan and I had similar plates so I just snapped a quick photo of my own.
Lots to choose from

Freshly carved corned beef…with horseradish and Parsnip puree soup…very good

A few desserts…shared by two

Sticky toffee bread pudding…Not a pretty looking dish but I could have easily gone back for seconds!

With lunch out of the way we decided to try our luck at the Future Sailing desk. We waited barely two minutes and were soon booking our next cruise. We chose another Western Caribbean but this time on the Magic and booked around the same time as this one and in a dreaded forward room. The itinerary was a bit different because instead of Cozumel we would we headed to Falmouth Jamaica. Something different and now we can say we have sailed all four Disney ships.

Continued Next Post...
Old 02-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #82
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

We returned to our room to find more Fe goodies so I arranged them on the bed and took a shot. At this point I began packing a few more things that I knew we wouldn’t be using while Dan watched some TV. Later we took a walk and ended up at the Cove Café and another amazing latte! We hung around for a while and then returned to our room. We asked our stateroom hostess to refill our ice bucket so we could chill our ignored bottle of Asti and slowly enjoyed it while watching Pirates on the tube and getting ready for dinner at Animator’s Palate.
FE goodies

Latte and snack

Dressed in our semi-formal attire we saw Kris and Larry as soon as we approached out table. They were busy crating their works of art for the Animation Magic Show and soon we were right behind them with crayon in hand. With our art projects collected it was time to have another enjoyable meal and wait for the show.
Sour Dough bread with Roasted Red Pepper Dip

AP Menu

Tuxedo…Sparkling wine, Ketel One Vodka and Chambord

Appetizer Trio…This was a new combination and I’m not sure what the first one was. I want to say Duck breast, prosciutto and cranberries, mini buffalo salad and shrimp with Aioli sauce. This was very good. Also the Popcorn soup is no longer on the menu.

Wild Forest Mushroom soup…now on the kids menu. Ask and you shall receive.

Oven-baked Lobster Tail…served in the shell with lemon butter, bean casserole, and saffron rice

Larry took a picture of me taking a picture of my food I did the same
Larry and his camera

While we were finishing up our entrees the Animation Magic Show began. The show is always cute and it was fun to see our drawings come to life on the screens around us.
Our drawings come to life!

Created by:

The perfect finish…dessert!
Banana Crème Brulee…with caramelized bananas. I missed out on this on our Remy night. So I asked for it.

Our night ended with a celebration and a rousing chorus of Happy Birthday to Dan along with a special dessert and pin for the occasion. Dan took his dessert to go and we were greeted by this big fellow.

Throw snake

Dessert for breakfast

Our stateroom hostess put my rose in a vase

Next…Castaway Cay but a lazy day onboard for us!
Old 03-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #83
Tinkermom3
Mouseketeer

Awesome trip report! We hit 90 days tonight at midnight (11pm for us here in the central time zone) for our first Fantasy cruise. It will be just DH and I for our 25th wedding anniversary. Hoping to book Remy tonight. Soooo excited and your trip report and amazing photos are getting me even more excited!
Old 03-01-2014, 11:23 PM   #84
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Great update about Remys. The information and pictures are tempting me to try it next time. But as u will see in my TR when I get to that point... Palos made me a nervous wreck. I don't know if I could handle Remys.

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #85
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Lovely update from Remy's and AP
Shame that the sommelier in Remy wasn't very helpful
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #86
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom3 View Post
Awesome trip report! We hit 90 days tonight at midnight (11pm for us here in the central time zone) for our first Fantasy cruise. It will be just DH and I for our 25th wedding anniversary. Hoping to book Remy tonight. Soooo excited and your trip report and amazing photos are getting me even more excited!
Remy is such a wonderful experience and so special for an anniversary celebration. I hope you got your ressies. It's a litttle pricey but so well worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
Great update about Remys. The information and pictures are tempting me to try it next time. But as u will see in my TR when I get to that point... Palos made me a nervous wreck. I don't know if I could handle Remys.
I will have to check out your TR. I was nervous too but my fears were rested as we dined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Lovely update from Remy's and AP
Shame that the sommelier in Remy wasn't very helpful
Thank you. Maybe I should have said something. If the occasion ever arises again I will.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #87
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

December 6th…our last whole day!

By the time Dan and I woke we were nearing Castaway Cay. We had made up our minds earlier that since we were taking two cruises almost back to back that we would choose one of them to stay onboard when we docked at CC and this was the day. We got ready and headed on down to breakfast at the Royal Court. Me of course stopping at every photo op I happened upon so you will see a lot of photo’s on this portion of my TR.
Here we go…Shots before breakfast
Side entrance of Walt Disney theater

Sitting Area

Fantasy Christmas Tree

Breakfast
Coffee, juice and a pastry to start the morning

Dan had an Omelet which was packed with yummy things and came with sausage, bacon and hash brown and I had the Whipped Tres Leches Stuffed French toast…so rich. I guess the slice of watermelon made it more diet friendly. Lol! Extra bacon, compliments of Dan.

Shots after breakfast

Pulling into Castaway Cay

We went back to our room to already fine our luggage tags and customs form. Our 7 days were coming to an end. I grabbed a few more pictures and then gasp… put on my swimsuit and headed to the Quiet Cove Pool. I must say that it was indeed quiet. It felt like we were the only ones on the ship until we ran into maybe a ½ dozen or so people. Everyone was leaving for Castaway Cay and who could blame them. It was a picture perfect day but for us…well we wanted some alone time. Who knew we would get it. Dan and I spent the morning at the pool and the hot tub. We were all alone, ordered a drink and just plain relaxed. It was great. Sorry though, no pictures. I chose to leave my camera in our stateroom and just enjoy!

I think our stomachs called to us eventually so we went back to our room to freshen up and then back down to Flo’s for something to eat. What I forgot to mention though was that at the very beginning of our sailing on the second night we ran into Andrea, our server from last year’s cruise. Imagine my surprise when she ran up to us and gave us a big hug and kissed Dan on the cheek. How nice that she remembered us after all the people she must see throughout the year. Maybe we were memorable. Either way we ran into her day after day and Flo’s was no exception.

Continued next post...
Old 03-06-2014, 03:21 PM   #88
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

More shots before lunch

Lunch at Flo’s
Yep…Andrea serving up some Chili and Corn Bread. She really piled it on too, lots of extra sour cream…Lol! Special of the day!

Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzels…so good with melted butter and cinnamon.
Yes…just like WDW!

Nice quiet place to sit

After lunch it was time to take pictures of a really empty ship! This may take a few posts. Let me know if there’s too many. Lol!
I mean how many pictures of the Atrium can one really take???

To be continued...

Last edited by shadowryter; 03-06-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #89
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

It must have been lovely to virtually have the ship to yourselves, especially as you knew you were soon heading back to CC

I did not know that you could get cream cheese pretzels on board - I love those things

The more photos the better in my opinion
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #90
ginnenern
Earning My Ears

Hi! Joining in and enjoying your trip report.! I actually found this because I was searching for "shadowryter". Why? you ask? You created our magnets for our last two cruises. Thanks again! Are you still creating your designs?

~me DH DD(9)

ginnenern is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: