Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2014, 08:19 AM   #76
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

We were watching the skys as the bus got closer and closer. One minute it was clear, but the next it was cloudy. About 45 minutes later we were pulling into the drop off area. I could definitely see a big size difference between te Dream and Wonder.

We got off the bus and went through security. The staff was shocked at how many things he could see in my bag. I just said it was pins and he understood and sent it through with no problem. I was a little surprised at how many people were in line to check in when we got up the escalators. Last time in 2007 we went straight to the desk to check in. this time there were two long lines.

It was about this time that I remembered that it was my 45th birthday. A day that I had been planning every detail for a really long time. At first our group got in line all together. Mickey was out taking pictures with passengers waiting to board.

It was then that Maki and Hidemi decided that they needed a picture right at tha moment with Mickey. well no way I was getting out of line. I tried to explain that there would be plenty of chances once onboard, but my advice fell on deaf ears. The four of them left the line. We stayed and finished before they even got to the front of the line. We got our room cards and Silver Castaway club lanyards. One was broken so they exchanged it with no problem. Our boarding number was group 9. They had not called that number yet so we watched our group take pictures. I laughed inside when Mickey and minnie changed before they got to the front of the line. After they took a picture they got back in line. i saw it would be awhile for them and told Kiyomi then them that I was boarding as soon as my number was called...with or without them. We then went out to the viewing area to see the ship a little closer.

It wasn't long before they called our number. I waved to Maki and Hidmei and pointed to the ears. They said ok and we were off to board. emotionally I was ok at this moment and kept it under control atleast for awhile. We took our picture...it was awful...I take terrible pictures as you will see so we didn't even think about getting it.

Welcome Aboard the Conley Family and Happy Birthday!!!

They said our room was ready. We decided to go and see it and drop off our bags before meeting back with our group and going to eat. But a quick picture with Donald's statue and the piano player.

NEXT UP: The PERFECT ROOM for me

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:27 PM   #77
figment52
Oh man, I checked out the website only to discover that I am Older than Peeps!

I'm still reading - I check everyday for updates. Please keep posting.
figment52 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2014, 01:24 PM   #78
Shazzie B
DIS Veteran

Me too

May 2002 All Star Movies; May 2003 La Quinta 192; Dec 2004 Nikki Bird; April 2006 Holiday Inn & Dolphin Beach, St. Petes; Aug 2007 Animal Kingdom Lodge; Aug 2008 Coronado Springs; Aug 2009 Highlands Reserve & Animal Kingdom Lodge; Oct 2010 Best Western Lakeside; Oct 2012 Arcadia Gardens; Sept 2013 Old Key West;Sept 2014 Transatlantic on Magic

Shazzie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:14 PM   #79
dededisney
Mouseketeer

I'm still with you! Better hurry up though... we leave in 36 days!!
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 10:28 PM   #80
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

Glad I'm not the only one who checks daily for any updates!

pepe3penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:09 PM   #81
DisneyZell
Likes Adventures on the High Seas

I think it is wrong to take so long to tell us about your trip.

Cool to board on your birthday and glad you got the quick bacon dip in. I won't tell anyone!!!!
DisneyZell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 05:31 AM   #82
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment52 View Post
I'm still reading - I check everyday for updates. Please keep posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazzie B View Post
Me too
Thanks for hanging in. Lot's of great stuff to share about the cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dededisney View Post
I'm still with you! Better hurry up though... we leave in 36 days!!
Oh I'm pacing myself and when you guys board I'll post it all...lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
Glad I'm not the only one who checks daily for any updates!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyZell View Post
I think it is wrong to take so long to tell us about your trip.

Cool to board on your birthday and glad you got the quick bacon dip in. I won't tell anyone!!!!
I will remember that when you start. In all seriousness you and I need to get together and try to plan a cruise together with your family and mine. Have you done Alaska? Or that huge mammoth ship?...what is it called Oasis of the Sea or something like that. Let's do it!! and the bacon is my treat.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:41 AM   #83
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Welcome aboard Mateys. The Captain has sent me to meet you. He says that it is about time you boarded the Dream. He would have greeted you himself but his mustache is a mess without his favorite comb. Atleast his hat was found.....It was pinned to the wall between rooms 11014 1nd 11016 on deck 11....and there was a note. The note said.....Dear Captain, Here is your hat....It's not my size and besides it smells like a codfish.The Captain will meet you for Dinner later...if he can get his mustache under control

Old 02-19-2014, 07:06 AM   #84
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Ok so when I was originally planning this trip I had thought of just getting and inside stateroom with the magic window, but upon further research, I found a video on Yutube of room 5022 and I absolutely fell in love with the idea of having that room. Here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcI-5aSfYds

Well after contacting my favorite TA and finding out that 1. It was available and 2. It was only 400$ difference between Cat.11B and Cat.8A. In addition at that time the yen rate was strong against the dollar so I mailed her and booked that room as fast as my fingers would type. 702 days before the sailing date I had my dream room on the Dream.

Maybe you can understand a little bit better now why as we approached our room I began to tear up. I had taught alot of extra hours and lessons to get us into this room and aboard this particular cruise. A New Year's cruise is not cheap and I am a teacher. Teachers don't make that much. My wife looked at me and laughed as my tears flowed. Our marriage is kind of backwards. I am the emotional one. Where as sometimes I think I need to check for a pulse to see if her heart is even beating.

When we entered the room we saw the bed and the bedroom section. I love how the room was divided and it really felt like a suite. The windows are huge and offer incredible views throughout the trip.
On the bed was our Castaway club bag. Inside was a whiteboard, but no snacks. I was surprised as Ib thought I would get atleast a rice crispy treat. More on the bag later.
In the living room area of the room was all the special stuff I ordered....The bonvoyage champagne....touch of romance package( bathrobe, chocolates), our Palo tickets and Castaway Cay excursion tickets.Oh and the beer mug I had ordered my wife before leaving for a present....Hey...wait a minute....whose birthday was it?? I'm used to it...she is spoiled and I'm not to put it simple.

Just look at that amazing window...and I had two.

After that I hung up the magnets and my Fish extender outside my door. A great BIG thanks to the Zell family for those.

Then it was off to meet or friends, eat, and hopefully meet up with my Fish extender group, but that will have to wait for the next update.

Old 02-19-2014, 02:03 PM   #85
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Hey, that FE looks so familiar! I never saw the magnets Drew was working on for you...I like them...lets hope he actually gets around to making some for us too! I'm just gald we got another update.
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 06:35 PM   #86
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dededisney View Post
Hey, that FE looks so familiar! I never saw the magnets Drew was working on for you...I like them...lets hope he actually gets around to making some for us too! I'm just gald we got another update.
The FE now hangs in my office. With the new promotion and now managing the whole Kanagawa area it's going to come in handy formy daily notes. Those are the first day magnets... We actually had a few to change out on other days.

Hey what do u think of Drew and I trying to plan a joint cruise? Maybe 2015 or 2016???

Old 02-20-2014, 01:02 AM   #87
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

I LOVE your door magnets. I went crazy with mine but your custom designs are awesome! Who did them for you? We booked category 8D before and are planning next years cruise. We were going to do 8D again. Does the 8A have a split bath or only one bathroom? Is there a pull down Murphy bed? Cannot wait for the next update!

pepe3penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:51 AM   #88
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
I LOVE your door magnets. I went crazy with mine but your custom designs are awesome! Who did them for you? We booked category 8D before and are planning next years cruise. We were going to do 8D again. Does the 8A have a split bath or only one bathroom? Is there a pull down Murphy bed? Cannot wait for the next update!
No split bath or Murphy bed... It's a huge room but could only sleep 3. It was perfect for us though and if I'm on the Dream or Fantasy I guarantee I'll be in this room or atleast one similar.

We had a magnet making party before the trip. Mr Zell sent me all but the Goofy ears and we printed them out at my house before leaving Japan

Old 02-20-2014, 10:22 AM   #89
tweis
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR so far! Can't wait to hear how you enjoyed the Dream. We love her!

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:59 AM   #90
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

YAY! Can't wait to read- so excited you are doing a TR!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: