Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2014, 06:45 PM   #16
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

I'm trying to be there at least one, if not both, of the days. I have a good Dapper Day outfit from September, but I might go thrift shopping in the next couple weeks and see what I can find.
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:21 PM   #17
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLR29 View Post
I'm trying to be there at least one, if not both, of the days. I have a good Dapper Day outfit from September, but I might go thrift shopping in the next couple weeks and see what I can find.
We'd love to see you Stephen!
ImTooExcitedToSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #18
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Doh! Yeah, that one

Have I made enough buttons??

Old 02-15-2014, 10:35 AM   #19
whoever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep View Post
Have I made enough buttons??
Depends... is it one per party or per individual? We are a party of 5.
whoever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:39 AM   #20
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoever View Post
Depends... is it one per party or per individual? We are a party of 5.
To paraphrase Oprah....you get a button...YOU get a button.....you get a button.....EVERYONE gets a button!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:24 AM   #21
Gisele
I love honey, but not the sting of bee's
Please do not forget to mail me my chocolate caramel apple before y'all leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep

To paraphrase Oprah....you get a button...YOU get a button.....you get a button.....EVERYONE gets a button!!!
Lol!
Old 02-15-2014, 12:40 PM   #22
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizMe View Post
Wow!!! You guys are the best!!!

LOL!!! So which one of you isn't excited to meet everyone?
Guess the missing podcaster. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTooExcitedToSleep View Post
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:40 AM   #23
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

WAAAAAAAH!!!! All of this planning and I can't go . I still can't believe it. I haven't been feeling all that great, which wasn't alarming to me since I knew what it was. I have a long-standing history of kidney stones. I finally decided I ought to get a scan since it wasn't going away and dang it all, I have a massive stone on each side and partially blocked kidneys with no chance of passing the things on my own. Surgery is Thursday and my flight was scheduled for Friday morning. WAAAAAAH! Goodbye, spring Dapper Day. Goodbye, GCH, HM disneybounding, Charles Phoenix, lashes and liner appointment, Dapper talk, and Dapper meets. Have fun, fellow DISers who will be there! I guess I'll start planning for Fall.

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:33 AM   #24
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Doh! Yeah, that one

Quote:
WAAAAAAAH!!!! All of this planning and I can't go . I still can't believe it. I haven't been feeling all that great, which wasn't alarming to me since I knew what it was. I have a long-standing history of kidney stones. I finally decided I ought to get a scan since it wasn't going away and dang it all, I have a massive stone on each side and partially blocked kidneys with no chance of passing the things on my own. Surgery is Thursday and my flight was scheduled for Friday morning. WAAAAAAH! Goodbye, spring Dapper Day. Goodbye, GCH, HM disneybounding, Charles Phoenix, lashes and liner appointment, Dapper talk, and Dapper meets. Have fun, fellow DISers who will be there! I guess I'll start planning for Fall.
So sorry you won't be able to make it.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:37 PM   #25
Gisele
I love honey, but not the sting of bee's
Please do not forget to mail me my chocolate caramel apple before y'all leave

Quote:

I sure am sorry for your health situation. And your having to change your plans as a result. From your posts I could tell that you were so looking forward to attending. Which by the way, totally love your HM inspired dress!
I figure it this way, come this fall you will have your outfits already plus new additions that you might plan on bringing as well. So you should be completely ready long before the actual event.
If anything you might need a larger suitcase.

I hope that all goes well and that you will be back in tip top shape very soon.
Old 02-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #26
DizMe
Here we gooooo...
It's amazing how that happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gisele View Post
I sure am sorry for your health situation. And your having to change your plans as a result. From your posts I could tell that you were so looking forward to attending. Which by the way, totally love your HM inspired dress!
I figure it this way, come this fall you will have your outfits already plus new additions that you might plan on bringing as well. So you should be completely ready long before the actual event.
If anything you might need a larger suitcase.

I hope that all goes well and that you will be back in tip top shape very soon.
Thank you so much, Gisele! I'm trying so hard not to be depressed about it but I'm so sad. However, in the grand scheme of things it's just a blip and I know that I'll be up and about before long. As you said, now I'm all set for September, LOL! I hope my friends have a great time. I'm saddest about my HM outfit

I HATE kidney stones!!!! I wish I could figure out how NOT to get them. I've been to many, many doctor and no diet, medication, or remedy-du-jour has had any effect. Well, I once was told by a naturopath to drink 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice mixed with 1/3 cup cider vinegar with 1 T of pure maple syrup every day. I don't know if it would have worked on my stones because it began to eat my stomach before I could tell! And if I had a nickel for every time someone suggested I just drink more water, I'd be a rich woman. And if, instead of ugly rocks I made beautiful diamonds, that might soften the blow

DizHe and DizMe DizWees DizHe & Our 4 Princesses
DizMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:26 PM   #27
goooof1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So sorry to hear! I was looking forward to seeing your great outfits! ah, well, must wait until Sept. Good luck with your surgery.
Be well!
goooof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:13 AM   #28
ExcitedSam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh no! How disappointing, at least you do have something to look forward to, even if its a little way away.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:33 AM   #29
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I'm really sorry to read this. I was looking forward to seeing you again.

Best wishes on getting those stones taken care of so you can come out for the October happenings.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #30
Pinup Mommy
Making everyday a Dapper Day!!

Quote:
Thank you so much, Gisele! I'm trying so hard not to be depressed about it but I'm so sad. However, in the grand scheme of things it's just a blip and I know that I'll be up and about before long. As you said, now I'm all set for September, LOL! I hope my friends have a great time. I'm saddest about my HM outfit I HATE kidney stones!!!! I wish I could figure out how NOT to get them. I've been to many, many doctor and no diet, medication, or remedy-du-jour has had any effect. Well, I once was told by a naturopath to drink 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice mixed with 1/3 cup cider vinegar with 1 T of pure maple syrup every day. I don't know if it would have worked on my stones because it began to eat my stomach before I could tell! And if I had a nickel for every time someone suggested I just drink more water, I'd be a rich woman. And if, instead of ugly rocks I made beautiful diamonds, that might soften the blow

Oh no!!! I am so sorry :-(

My husband, like you has bouts with kidney stones and had lithotripsy a few years back for some stubborn rocks. I personally do not know the painful, but have witness what it does to DH.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and see you at Fall 2014 Dapper Day!

DL local since 1980 ~ WDW 1986 ~ WDW 2000 Disney Contempary ~ WDW 2005 Disney Polynesian ~ AP holder since 2009 ~ DL's MNSSHP 2011&2012 ~ DCL Wonder 2012 Halloween Cruise

Pinup Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: