Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 06:19 PM   #301
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.
 
__disneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: A few miles outside NYC.
Posts: 3,435

Thanks for the full story on the Lilo & Stitch meet and greet Rob Sounds like a cute one even though your photographer could have been better.

So sorry you got sick again, but seeing Rob and Kira have such a great time on the slide must have cheered you up a little bit... what adorable pictures! I hope you felt better for Castaway Cay
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:10 PM   #302
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck
 
cntkg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,162

LOL, Cass. No, we didn't mind (too much) dressing up for Palo. Anytime I have to wear stockings I freak out a little. But the evening was so worth it.

That was the second time that week we had the same server at Palo too. We had him for Brunch on Sunday and I thought he was fabulous. Wish I could remember his name though.

We had a great time with you and Rob and thanks for letting me eat all the artichoke hearts, although you didn't resist too much.

That was the same night we all walked up to the Outlook. There was another DIS party going on and we walked in at the end of it. One look on our faces and those people weren't about to make us leave. They were quite gracious though in letting us stay to look around. What a cool place. I could've stayed up there for hours!

Great night, I just wish you felt better.
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-17-2014, 01:26 PM   #303
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,223

Day 14 - Part 1 - Castaway Cay

Woke up this morning to a new gift from N&C



Followed by a quick breakfast in Cabanas...



As we pulled into Paradise!





While we got our stuff ready, Kira doodled in her new book while sitting on the verandah



Down to deck 1 with everybody and their dog, off the ship and picked up some towels



Waited about 5 minutes for the tram...





We ran into M&R while they were waiting to catch the tram to Serenity Bay, lucky them!

We found a spot under the umbrellas for me. Sadly, they are quite aways from the actual water, so I couldn't really watch Rob and Kira play

We told N&C that we would be near the end of the second beach if they decided they want to join us for a bit. Not too long after we got to the beach, we ran into them

Nancy and I stayed in the shade while Rob, Kira and Chuck played in and near the water.

I had zero energy, so I mostly stayed put on my beach chair. I did go into the water once to cool down. I wish I had felt better because I normally love spending time in the water at CC. It's always cool and refreshing.

However, next time we will be settling in at the first beach because the second beach was CRAZY busy!!! By lunchtime, I could not get in the water without going down to where the lifeguard is, as they block anyone from putting chairs there so they can access the water quickly.

We did see the lifeguard use his skills a few times actually, quite entertaining! Thankfully, no one was hurt, just a few drifters!

These pics were taken first thing so the beach doesn't look too bad yet but trust me, it was PACKED an hour later!











Kira had tons of fun with her Daddy and her Uncle Chuck

Lunch time at Cookies Too, where we ran into L&T and family. It sounded like they were enjoying their day too

Sorry, no pics.

After lunch, Rob wanted to try Pelican Plunge so the rest of us waited in the shade for him. The line was super long and he only did the one side.

Kira tried to eat some ice cream but it melted too fast for her



Uncle Chuck got her a fresh one, this time with not so much ice cream LOL!

Then we all headed back.

Notice the new addition? LOL!



It was another super freaking hot day and we were all spent! I was feeling really zapped after walking back in the sun.



Once back in our room, we all took showers and relaxed for a bit while we shared some munchies

Notice the suitcases...yup, we were leaving tomorrow so I had started packing up all of our crap!


Last edited by Timon; 02-17-2014 at 01:46 PM.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:06 PM   #304
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,040

I am so sad that you weren't feeling your best. At least it was at the very end of a long vacation, but it totally sucks.

I hope you are feeling better now. Do anything you can to keep yourself well!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #305
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,146

I'm so sorry you weren't feeling great. Looks like Kira had a lot of fun again! So nice of Uncle Chuck to get her another ice cream cone.

I hate CC being on the last day. It's so sad to pack. On my last 4 night, we had the sea day as the last day and I really liked it much better!

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:45 PM   #306
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?
 
Jillpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ma., BCV
Posts: 8,277

Oh no, the suitcases, not yet, not the suitcases!! That means the end of Cass's story and this cannot happen . I look forward to this every time I open up my ipad, it's like going to the library and picking out your favorite book . I swear I know you, and we haven't even met. How is that?

Ahhh...Castaway Cay..need I say more. So sorry to hear you were feeling kinda lousy and it was so hot. I bet those showers felt great! Now put those suitcases away for today k k? On with the rest of the story!
__________________
My happy place
Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #307
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck
 
cntkg1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,162

We finally had a great time at CC. Yup, I said finally. You know how I always hated this stop and wouldn't mind at all if we had to skip it ever. It's probably because I end up sitting in the shade far from my family and friends who are in the water so I get bored quickly. But, we really did have a good time this time. I could've sat there all day with you guys. I could see you weren't feeling the best though.

It was nice being able to catch up a little with Leisha and Tom and Leisha's family at lunch too.

Looking at Kira's burger makes me wish I would've gotten one myself that night. I was growing so tired of the MDR food at that point and really just wanted a burger or chicken tenders.

I'm glad Kira enjoyed all her little gifties through out the week too. We had fun picking them out too.
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:29 AM   #308
JOANNEL
DVC MEMBER 6/02
I haven't laughed that hard in ages
 
JOANNEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: FWB FL
Posts: 7,892

Great trip report!! Loved reading along. So sad it's almost over!!!

Looks like you had a great trip even though you started feeling bad. Kira will remember it forever!!!!
JOANNEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #309
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,223

Day 14 - Part 2 - We hit the MOTHERLOAD, cruise version!

After some chill time in our room, I saw that the Character Farewell party would be taking place in the Atrium soon. I figured this would be a good time to do it since most people were cleaning up and getting ready for dinner. This turned out to be a very good decision!

Kira managed to see every single character in under 15 minutes!!! There was either no wait, or just 1 or 2 people in front of her.

I will now bombard you all with more character photos. These make me laugh because Kira has terrible hair After her shower, she refused to let me brush her hair, so this is hair by Kira

















Where is my kid????









Final Farewell...



And the mad dash to grab as much Mickey confetti as humanly possible



She was a happy little camper!



A few shots of the Atrium, so pretty! Photos do not capture the beauty but it certainly gives you an idea!







The outside of BBB, which looks totally different on Pirate Night!

Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:22 PM   #310
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,223

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Hi Cass,

I'm sorry you weren't feeling too great that day, but I'm glad you managed to make it to Palo.

Was the food good? We didn't make it there last time as it was only a a four day cruise but hope to next time

Can't wait to hear about your Castaway Cay day, but hope you were feeling well enough to enjoy it!
Yes, the food is very good there! It's a little fancy schmancy but I usually just get the filet, which is always fantastic!

I think I enjoyed CC as much as I could

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Thanks for the full story on the Lilo & Stitch meet and greet Rob Sounds like a cute one even though your photographer could have been better.

So sorry you got sick again, but seeing Rob and Kira have such a great time on the slide must have cheered you up a little bit... what adorable pictures! I hope you felt better for Castaway Cay
Yes, I loved watching them come down the Aquaduck and then run right back up Seeing them smile is worth the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
LOL, Cass. No, we didn't mind (too much) dressing up for Palo. Anytime I have to wear stockings I freak out a little. But the evening was so worth it.

That was the second time that week we had the same server at Palo too. We had him for Brunch on Sunday and I thought he was fabulous. Wish I could remember his name though.

We had a great time with you and Rob and thanks for letting me eat all the artichoke hearts, although you didn't resist too much.

That was the same night we all walked up to the Outlook. There was another DIS party going on and we walked in at the end of it. One look on our faces and those people weren't about to make us leave. They were quite gracious though in letting us stay to look around. What a cool place. I could've stayed up there for hours!

Great night, I just wish you felt better. ::
Stockings??? LOL, I haven't worn stocking since I was in my 20's The guy who invented those things ought to be shot

Oh yes! That's right, we walked up to Outlook that night right after dinner! It was the WDW Radio group up there and they were very nice

And yes, I let you eat all of the artichoke hearts, I must love you or something

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am so sad that you weren't feeling your best. At least it was at the very end of a long vacation, but it totally sucks.

I hope you are feeling better now. Do anything you can to keep yourself well!
Yes, I am SUPER lucky I did not get that sick at the beginning of the trip, it would have really spoiled the trip for all of us

Doing my best to stay healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm so sorry you weren't feeling great. Looks like Kira had a lot of fun again! So nice of Uncle Chuck to get her another ice cream cone.

I hate CC being on the last day. It's so sad to pack. On my last 4 night, we had the sea day as the last day and I really liked it much better!

Jill in CO
I agree, CC on the last day just sucks!! I would much prefer a sea day after CC day

And yes, Uncle Chuck was a huge help that day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Oh no, the suitcases, not yet, not the suitcases!! That means the end of Cass's story and this cannot happenI look forward to this every time I open up my ipad, it's like going to the library and picking out your favorite book I swear I know you, and we haven't even met. How is that?

Ahhh...Castaway Cay..need I say more. So sorry to hear you were feeling kinda lousy and it was so hot. I bet those showers felt great! Now put those suitcases away for today k k? On with the rest of the story!
Hahahaha, I know, Jill, it's almost done!!! I'm rather sad about it too because I was reliving our trip by writing this and soon it will just be memories

I do still have the video to work on though

Thanks for always reading, commenting and being there

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
We finally had a great time at CC. Yup, I said finally. You know how I always hated this stop and wouldn't mind at all if we had to skip it ever. It's probably because I end up sitting in the shade far from my family and friends who are in the water so I get bored quickly. But, we really did have a good time this time. I could've sat there all day with you guys. I could see you weren't feeling the best though.

It was nice being able to catch up a little with Leisha and Tom and Leisha's family at lunch too.

Looking at Kira's burger makes me wish I would've gotten one myself that night. I was growing so tired of the MDR food at that point and really just wanted a burger or chicken tenders.

I'm glad Kira enjoyed all her little gifties through out the week too. We had fun picking them out too.
I love that we got some time together on CC! Other than dinner, we really didn't get to see you guys that much, just so busy with Kira, plus not feeling 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOANNEL View Post
Great trip report!! Loved reading along. So sad it's almost over!!!

Looks like you had a great trip even though you started feeling bad. Kira will remember it forever!!!!
Joanne! Nice to see you here, hun!

Yes, Kira and I still talk about all of the fun we had on the trip. I hope she remembers it when she is older

And if not, all the pics and video will remind her
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #311
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,223

Day 14 - Part 3 - Going downhill, fast!

After the character explosion, we headed back to our room. We watched as we sailed away from Castaway Cay...







And that was right about when I started feeling really crappy! Being in the sun and heat did me in! I felt as if I was going to pass out and my rash was getting worse and worse...



There was no way I could make it to the Farewell Show in the theatre

Rob took Kira to the club for a bit while I rested in bed, hoping to feel better by supper time.

Yeah, that didn't work, I only felt worse as time wore on

I sadly told Rob to go to dinner without me. I was SO bummed!!! This was the night I was looking forward to the whole cruise!

Tonight was Animation Magic, in my fave restaurant

I purposely stayed away from all of the videos posted online so that I could see it for the very first time with my family. So much for that plan

Rob took some photos for me and tried to take some video too. Sadly, by mistake, he did not get any footage at all.

Here are the pics...

Working hard on her creation...



And the finished art work...















Rob said they had a good time and the food was good. I sure did miss going with them!

Oh well, I guess we will have to go back on the Fantasy

I didn't even get to say good-bye to any of my table mates

That's it for our last full day on the ship. So sad that the cruise is over but it really was fabulous and despite getting sick at the end, we all had the best cruise ever, even with the server issues!

Sadly, we did not get to spend as much time with the gang as we would have liked but since they were all kid-less, we pretty much drove in different circles. I did find L&T, W&D and M&R one evening on deck 4 lounging in the comfy blue chairs. I was trying to book our next cruise (very busy!) and I spotted them through a porthole, so I went and chatted with them for a bit.

We have one last day, disembarkation, a few hours at DD and then the flight home, so stay tuned for the final chapter

Last edited by Timon; 02-19-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #312
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
 
jedijill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,146

Ugh, that rash looks painful! I'm sorry you missed AP and the big show.

I hate the last night anyway and you got a double bummer!

Jill in CO
__________________
jedijill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:16 AM   #313
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,040

Oh, that sucks about missing dinner. You seem to have a positive attitude though.

So when did you book your next cruise for?
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:52 AM   #314
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,223

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Ugh, that rash looks painful! I'm sorry you missed AP and the big show.

I hate the last night anyway and you got a double bummer!

Jill in CO
Yeah, the last day was really tough They were about to kick me off the ship AND I was sick, really not fair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Oh, that sucks about missing dinner. You seem to have a positive attitude though.

So when did you book your next cruise for?
I just rebooked a dummy cruise on the Dream. We were hoping to cruise again this Fall but with the new house, me no think that is gonna happen


I will try to finish this up today and/or tomorrow
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:33 PM   #315
Timon


DIS Junkie
 
Timon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 8,223

Day 15 - Part 1 - The captain must be in a hurry!

Our last night on the ship proved to be rather interesting! Seems like the captain was in a hurry cus we were CRUISING back to Port Canaveral!

Things we shaking and swinging! I had to remove all the hangers from the closet because they were driving me crazy crashing into each other! The curtains were swinging and the whole room was creaking, it was keeping me up.

Then about 4 am, Kira fell on her face, literally! She sometimes sleepwalks and I think she was walking towards our bed but she tripped and fell and smacked herself right on the eye

I cuddled her for a bit and tucked her back in. I tried to sleep but it just wasn't happening.

Someone was tired that morning!



Back to reality...



Rob and Kira enjoyed some breakfast on the verandah



Then we got in the line to get off the ship, down into the luggage room where I quickly grabbed a porter. They are SO worth the $20 tip! He grabbed all our luggage, came with us through customs and then out to the taxi area.






I've stopped using the Budget shuttles, I have no patience anymore waiting for people and I don't want to sit there waiting 30 minutes! $15 taxi ride straight there is almost as good as the porter

Rob went to the Budget office while Kira and I hung out with all our crap.



No idea what this vehicle is but it sucked! It was so uncomfortable and we were longing for our ugly Ford Flex



I got Kira all settled in for the one-hour drive to Downtown Disney.



I thought this was kind of neat...



That is the reflection from our new Mickey suitcase onto the interior of the car, neat eh?

Getting to DD was INSANE that morning!!! The construction of the new Disney Springs really puts a kink in getting around that area. We finally found a spot and off we went to T-Rex.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: