Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2014, 09:30 PM   #16
purple figment
DIS Veteran

It is true that Disneyland is no longer accepting DW tickets. They stopped in November, but there was no official announcement because it was never an official policy.

There was a thread on the DL board where people were reporting they couldn't use their DW tickets back in November and December.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:52 PM   #17
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
It is true that Disneyland is no longer accepting DW tickets. They stopped in November, but there was no official announcement because it was never an official policy.

There was a thread on the DL board where people were reporting they couldn't use their DW tickets back in November and December.
I wish I would have read that thread so I would have known. It obviously wasn't the end of the world but I did feel karma played a role (the principle of causality where intent and actions of an individual influence the future of that individual - for the Buddhist among us).

I'm making fun of myself for those at home that don't get it.
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2014, 10:55 PM   #18
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
Maybe that I had to pay the Mouse an extra $600+ that I didn't expect to have to pay. Me...being anti-WDW with FP+ and going to DLR this time because of it.

Perhaps I should have titled it, Payback is a B****?

Edit...I changed the title for the Karma police.
Well that just makes me sad. It seems more unfortunate, or AlanisMorrissette's version of irony to me. Here you're off to Anaheim to run away from WDW's stuff, and you're punished financially for it.

I really really hate that the CMs acted like it (using the tickets at DLR) had never happened. That would have driven me a bit over the edge, though I would have kept it inside, of course.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:07 PM   #19
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Well that just makes me sad. It seems more unfortunate, or AlanisMorrissette's version of irony to me. Here you're off to Anaheim to run away from WDW's stuff, and you're punished financially for it.

I really really hate that the CMs acted like it (using the tickets at DLR) had never happened. That would have driven me a bit over the edge, though I would have kept it inside, of course.
Now that you mention it....I did find a black fly in my Chardonnay.

Oh, I did behave professionally and courteous to them. Honestly...that is why I described the final CM to explain the situation to us as "delightful". Marie was very understanding and sympathetic to our plight. I made it a point to mention her and her demeanor when we visited GR at City Hall when we got inside. She did nothing wrong and I never implied that.

Now the other two Yahoos at our resort are a different story....although I didn't make a scene, I just knew they were wrong (which they very much were).
I like escalators, because an escalator can never break; it can only become stairs. There would never be an “Escalator Temporarily Out of Order” sign. Only an “Escalator Temporarily Stairs… Sorry for the Convenience.”
Old 02-16-2014, 11:12 PM   #20
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear this happened to you.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:15 PM   #21
Mad Hattered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Sorry it happened to you, but I guess it's kinda like all of us that did not do our research and know how to maximize legacy Fastpass.

So yes I understand and can appreciate the irony of your situation.
Thanks. But I totally got to maximize legacy FP again...it just cost me a lot more than I thought it would.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:16 PM   #22
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. But I totally got to maximize legacy FP again...it just cost me a lot more than I thought it would.
Rats, you caught me. Even I felt bad for you afterward, really do hate this happened to you.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:16 PM   #23
Mad Hattered

Quote:
Sorry to hear this happened to you.
Your first response sounded much more heartfelt.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:17 PM   #24
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your first response sounded much more heartfelt.
No actually this is truly more me, I just like to razz about Fastpass+.
Old 02-16-2014, 11:26 PM   #25
Mad Hattered

Quote:
No actually this is truly more me, I just like to razz about Fastpass+.
Me, too. I don't hate Disney (obviously). I, too like to razz about FP+. It makes me dislike it even more after visiting DL where we got to maximize the return on our "surprise" investment. All of those attractions that are in that FP photo never ran out of FP tickets on any of the days we were there. It wasn't like I was messing with someone else's chance to pull one if they wanted one.

This was great, yet sad trip. The sad part has nothing to do with having to buy our tickets.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:38 AM   #26
magicbob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut Giggleface View Post
I wonder if they were anticipating people jumping ship from WDW to DL? Can't have that happening, now can we?
THIS. Yes, there were some technical issues with RFID earlier, but it appears that they may no longer be accepting any WDW tickets.

See, WDW already has you "locked in" with those tickets. Allowing you to jump ship and use them at DLR gives you an "out."

Ratatouille, the Ride!

magicbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:24 AM   #27
drew64
disfanatic

Quote:

...are no longer accepted at Disneyland Resort. We found this out the hard way. I am a pretty avid reader of this board (not just the FP+ threads) and I haven't read anything that stated that has changed. It's still posted on Mousesavers that WDW tickets are valid at DLR.

We had used our NE Park Hoppers at DL on trips past and had planned on doing the same this past week. Wrong. Thankfully I had the foresight to ask a CM at GR the day we arrived and before our first morning in the parks. He explained to me that WDW tickets were never accepted at DL and was insistent about it. OK...well I have done it multiple trips, but OK.

Knowing the track record/accuracy of CM information, I press on to the Concierge at our resort. She insists that the tickets are good and that we just need to enter the parks like normal. On past trips we would show up at the gates and they would take our WDW tickets and disappear...then come back with new tickets that were printed to look like DLR tickets (no mag strip). She insisted that DLR never did that. OK...well they did do it on multiple trips, but OK.

Not satisfied, I insist that we walk over to the gates to get yet another answer, so off we go. I find a CM outside the gates directing guest traffic and ask him about tickets. He informs me that they no longer accept WDW tickets at all. Uhhhhh.....

Surely THIS guy can't be right!? So off we go to the GR/Ticket Sales building outside the gates. Sure enough....a delightful, older CM asks to see our tickets and explains to us that they suddenly stopped accepting all tickets from WDW. She told us that they stopped accepting them sometime at the end of November/beginning of December. She explained that there was no announcement why and nothing was published for the public. She felt bad for us but was more than willing to sell us tickets for the week.

So yeah....the Mouse sucker punched me one last time for good measure. Karma. But we had one more for him, too. We started to pull FPs like they were money. These are just the ones we brought home from the first two days of our trip. We just pretended they were $20s. We were getting our money back....

so you pulled a bunch of FPs to not use to get even - as if Disney cares. Very mature.
drew64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #28
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.

Quote:
. . . But we had one more for him, too. We started to pull FPs like they were money. These are just the ones we brought home from the first two days of our trip. We just pretended they were $20s. We were getting our money back....

1) You showed him.
2) Of course, it denied other guests of some FP's.
3) Not sure hurting other guests was in their best interest.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 06:15 PM   #29
Mad Hattered

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew64 View Post
so you pulled a bunch of FPs to not use to get even - as if Disney cares. Very mature.
I pulled way more than those shown. We used a bunch of them. Those are souvenirs for us and other people on this board that wanted some for old time sake. So they will go to a good home.

-as if Disney cares: well if you read most FP+ threads you will see a lot of people here state that Disney DOES care and that is why they changed the system.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:17 PM   #30
Mad Hattered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) You showed him.
2) Of course, it denied other guests of some FP's.
3) Not sure hurting other guests was in their best interest.
If you read this entire thread you will see where I state that none of those attractions shown ever ran out of FP on any day we were there. I hurt exactly no one.

It's not like I was yanking 6 FPs for Radiator Springs or anything.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: