Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2014, 12:35 AM   #316
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Yeah, we'll see how it works out I will definitely contact you re house sitting when we get there. Unfortunately we won't even be there until next October so we got a while to go....
October??

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:20 PM   #317
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
October??

It'll be here before you know it and until then, we'll keep filling up Olga's wing with awesome DISers.

We've built two homes. I totally understand the letdown of setbacks. It'll be worth it in the end. Promise.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #318
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Where did you meet Koda i wanna find him
petals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:58 PM   #319
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
Where did you meet Koda i wanna find him
It was years ago but at Redwood Creek Challenge in DCA.

Old 02-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #320
rentayenta

So sorry for the time between updates but we took a fabulous trip to Mexico. See link.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=0e0f219c9a

Back to Disneyland, my favorite next to the beach.

After enjoy the queue of RSR it was finally time to ride. Some of the actions shots are a little blurry but I'm not too proud to post them.

Continued in next post....

Old 02-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #321
rentayenta

Our timing of RSR couldn't have been any more perfect or even planned. We scored!

Chloe grabbed the camera and snapped away:

Is this not magical?

After RSR everyone was hungry. Michael and I had reservations for The Napa Rose but we had to feed the kids. We headed over to the wharf area and they all decided on The Lucky Fortune Cookery. It's my least favorite of the wharf options but they love it.

They all ordered rice bowls with different sauces.

Asian Rice Bowl
Each bowl contains steamed rice and seared Asian vegetables. $10.49
-- Vegetable and rice bowl only - $9.29

Step 1: Choose your favorite
Chicken
Beef
Tofu

Step 2: Choose your sauce
Mandarin Orange
Spicy Korean
Thai Coconut Curry
Teriyaki

Chloe and Joshua got Mandarin Orange beef and Gabby got Teriyaki chicken. The coconut curry is my favorite but nobody was taking the bait. Lol!

While they ordered I grabbed Michael and I each a margarita from Rita's Baja Blenders.

Rita's Grand Margarita - Rita's Margarita with a splash of liqueur $7.75 Tou always have the extra liquor right?

The kids ate and we chatted and I could smell the Pacific Wharf Cafe. Love their clam chowder and bread bowls. I remembered they had the candy cane shaped sourdough loaves so I went to grab one. I was so happy and got the last one. The CM was so cute and could feel my enthusiasm, if not hear it. He said I was so happy that he needed to give me the snowman loaf as well. Free sourdough at Disney? You'd have thought I won the lottery.

Me and my bread:

It was approaching time for our 7:00 pm Napa Rose reservation and knew we wouldn't be back to DCA. I know us well enough to realize we wouldn't rush during dinner or want to come back after a few drinks. We snapped a few more photos and headed out.

We gave the kids some money and headed out. On our way The Little Mermaid had no wait so I invited Michael to take a spin with me inside our very own clam shell. I love that ride. It's just so happy.

In our absence the kids also rode that, Goofy's Sky School, Jumpin' Jellyfish, TSMM, and Soarin' one last time.

Because we snacked on a little of the kids' rice from their bowls, we weren't starving when we arrived at the Napa Rose. We hadn't planned on full meals anyway.

Our server was Saucy. His name was Saucy. He was outstanding.

We were sat without wait and totally underdressed though the hostess assured us that lots of folks come from the park. I wore a hoody to Napa Rose.

Saucy didn't bat an eye at our park attire and proceeded to take our drink orders and explain the menu. I'm guessing he does very well for himself.

Michael ordered a glass of red of which the name escapes me and I ordered a Mai Tai. Saucy brought our drinks and a hellavu good looking bread basket. I knew we had to save room for dessert because they had a seasonal adult hot chocolate with homemade doughnuts.

We ordered more than we could finish but I wanted to try a few things. Sorry no pics of the food but the moment sort of swept me away. Maybe it was the second Mai Tai?

We ordered and split:

Signature Pizzetta "La Quercia" - Smoked American Prosciutto, Red Flame Grapes, Caramelized Onions, & Cambozola Cheese $15.

Select Organically Grown Field Greens & Baby Lettuce - Shaved Marinated Cucumbers, Napa Rose Fresh Herb Vinaigrette. $12

Truffled "Mac & Cheese" Orecchiette Pasta - with Parmigiano-Reggiano. $12

I was hoping the truffled Mac & Cheese was the same as Club 33's and it was however it came in a teeny tiny copper pot not the BIG bowl we shared with Alison and Fran. It was so good and SO rich. I could have bathed in it. It's heaven.

Believe it or not, we took back half the pizza and half the Mac & Cheese. We did order another drink each and a dessert wine to share. Now for the hot chocolate and doughnuts. OMG. If you ever get the chance to order this, do it! It was amazing!
It was the most delicious chocolate and the doughnuts were the perfect compliment.

Our phone started to buzz about 8:30. Our nutty kids were back at the villa and missed us.

We headed back to the GCV with full bellies and a nice little buzz. We'll be back for sure when we're properly dressed and really hungry. I am glad we got to go and loved every minute.

Once back at the villa, we changed into swim suits and headed down to the pool. We just love the hot tub at the GCV. One final shot though of our view. This is edited as you can see some ugly roofline normally.

We chatted in the hot tub about the trip and how much we love Disney. I swear they must pipe pixie dust into the ventilation system.

The pool closes at 10:00.

We weren't quite ready for bed because we're the Sheets and we don't sleep at Disney. What better way to end the night but to trot on down to the Hearthstone Lounge and pick up where we left off at the Napa Rose. The kids joined us. And why not order more food? It's vacation, right?

I got another Mai Tai, Michael brought with him a glass of wine from the room, and the kids all ordered hot chocolate. They had the munchies so we also ordered:

2 of the Poached Shrimp - Poached Tiger Prawns sserved with a Vodka Infused Bloddy Mary inspired Cocktail Sauce and a Celery Stalk. $11.00 for Gabby and Joshua.

Two "Mini" Hamburgers - With Blue Cheese and Coleslaw $11.00 We got this minus the bleu, add cheddar as it was for Chloe. We also ordered a side of fries. And a few bowls of bar mix were consumed. Love their bar mix. I'm sure it's some Costco blend but its delicious.

Love these light fixtures:

And the lounge tree:

And one more pic of our view:

We'd be checking out of the GCV in the morning and into the DLH for our day at Disneyland. I was really happy we decided to stay where we did on the days we did and that we opted out of the EMH/MM.

Next up: the DLH and Disneyland.....

Last edited by rentayenta; 02-16-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #322
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I love the Radiator Springs Racers Photos. Dinner at Napa Rose sounded amazing. We love the Hearthstone Lounge and have had a few light dinners there over the years.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #323
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Dinner looked so good! I was going to skip DL this year but now I have the itch again! Between your pictures and my tax refund, I am so tempted!

Jill in CO
Old 02-16-2014, 12:58 PM   #324
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
I love the Radiator Springs Racers Photos. Dinner at Napa Rose sounded amazing. We love the Hearthstone Lounge and have had a few light dinners there over the years.

Corinna

Thanks Corinna. The Hearthstone Lounge is my favorite part of the GCH. There is just something wonderful about it. It feels like home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Dinner looked so good! I was going to skip DL this year but now I have the itch again! Between your pictures and my tax refund, I am so tempted!

Jill in CO
Do it! When are you thinking? Taxes! Thanks for the reminder. We're usually done by now but this has been a jam packed 2014 so far. do you have WDW plans for this year? I know your cruise is in October. That's going to be so fun!

Old 02-16-2014, 01:08 PM   #325
jedijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thanks Corinna. The Hearthstone Lounge is my favorite part of the GCH. There is just something wonderful about it. It feels like home.

Do it! When are you thinking? Taxes! Thanks for the reminder. We're usually done by now but this has been a jam packed 2014 so far. do you have WDW plans for this year? I know your cruise is in October. That's going to be so fun!
No WDW this year. Just the cruise. I'm out of points until 8/15 so I'm trying to take a year off. I am waffling on DL with all the refurbs going on but I may just try to do a long weekend to get my fix since I'm leaning heavily towards a big overseas trip in 2015...maybe I'll go see PIO.

Jill in CO
Old 02-16-2014, 02:53 PM   #326
PrincessInOz
in

What great timing at RSR. Love that you were there for the lights!

How lovely to get free sourdough bread and that candy cane stick is fantastic.

Dinner looks amazing. Nice to have saucy Saucy as your server.

Aside from the pictures (they are wonderful), are you planning on doing a TR on your trip to Mexico?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 02-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #327
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
No WDW this year. Just the cruise. I'm out of points until 8/15 so I'm trying to take a year off. I am waffling on DL with all the refurbs going on but I may just try to do a long weekend to get my fix since I'm leaning heavily towards a big overseas trip in 2015...maybe I'll go see PIO.

Jill in CO

What time of year are you planning on heading here in 2015?

Old 02-16-2014, 03:20 PM   #328
jedijill

Quote:

What time of year are you planning on heading here in 2015?
No idea yet although I remember you saying September was a good month. I plan on picking your brain a lot.

Jill in CO
Old 02-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #329
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
No idea yet although I remember you saying September was a good month. I plan on picking your brain a lot.

Jill in CO

Old 02-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #330
rentayenta

Quote:

Jill in CO
No WDW for us either. Sadly. This year is already turning to to be insane. I'm behind, what refurbs are there at Disneyland this year? A long weekend would be perfect I think.

You're going to see PIO? Awesome! Now that's a DIS meet.

How are your cruise plans coming?

Quote:
What great timing at RSR. Love that you were there for the lights!

How lovely to get free sourdough bread and that candy cane stick is fantastic.

Dinner looks amazing. Nice to have saucy Saucy as your server.

Aside from the pictures (they are wonderful), are you planning on doing a TR on your trip to Mexico?

I thought about doing a trip report but it would go something like this: we woke up, ate breakfast on the beach, swam, drank, laughed, swam, drank, laughed, dinner on the beach. Rinse, lather, repeat. Though I'd gladly go into detail if you've got questions. I have looked at my photos multiple times daily.

Have you had Saucy?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: