Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 01:04 PM   #1066
MEK
DIS Veteran

Dee - I forgot you are going to Mexico! I hope you have a wonderful time. I know you will be none too sad to get away from this weather! Enjoy! Soak up a little sun for me!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 02-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #1067
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
Ferrentinos: My son loved the Sandcastle Club and would actually ask to go. He's now aged out but would recommend it to anyone.

As far as reservations, I've seen it almost empty and I've seen it completely full. I guess it all depends on who is visiting at the time with young children that have plans which calls for a sitter. If you know definitely when you will need it, I would go ahead and reserve. Just be sure to cancel if you change your mind. You may still be able to get a last minute reservation when you're there too but if your plans would be ruined without it I would go ahead and book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Absolutely agree with YCFAN - ds loved Sandcastle club! He actually hated when he was too old to go.

We never had a problem booking last minute either. Lots of times he would just ask as we were ready to go out to dinner if he could go to the Sandcastle club instead.

If we had a special dinner planned we would book ahead of time, if not we would just wing it.
Great information! We have a date night planned at Yachtsman Steakhouse - this will be our 5th trip with DD3 to WDW but out first date while there! We're super excited - DD3 is in daycare 3 days a week so we hope that the transition will go smoothly to the club - since we have our date night picked we will just go ahead and book the Sandcastle Club ahead too. I feel like she may cry when we leave her but then will be having so much fun when we go to get her that she won't want to leave! :-)
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #1068
OnceUponATime15
Disney frequent flyer..

Just added a day to our August stay at the YC! Going a day earlier to possibly attend the special event being hosted by our travel agency at Norway! very excited YC August 23 thru 29th cannot come soon enough...
Old 02-15-2014, 01:43 PM   #1069
shanlynn1012
Earning My Ears

Sandcastle club? Can I get some more info? Price ages how to reserve? Thanks
Old 02-15-2014, 01:55 PM   #1070
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanlynn1012 View Post
Sandcastle club? Can I get some more info? Price ages how to reserve? Thanks
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...ndcastle-club/

Also check out post #5 of this thread for more details.
Old 02-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #1071
shanlynn1012
Earning My Ears

Thank you very much
Old 02-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #1072
Amberleefuta
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is staying warm. We have a little heat wave coming to south bend later this week.

I have two questions. First one is that I have very sensitive skin ( I'm actually allergic to Tide) does anyone know what detergent disney uses on their linens? In the past I have just used bendryl but I would like to not be itchy all week. The second one deals with grocery delivery. I want to order mtn dew, spring water, and breakfast foods for our room. Does anyone know a good grocery delivery service and do they have a minimum order price?

Thanks so much!
Amberlee

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 02-15-2014, 03:32 PM   #1073
GoGoBeans
Mouseketeer

PK56 - thanks for posting those pictures. I'd have to agree that's the worst view. Egads.

Glad they are changing up the CL offerings. Thanks for the reporting Kerry.

I'll give a second nod to the sangria at Kouzinna.
BC - 10/11 & YC - 8/14
Old 02-15-2014, 04:13 PM   #1074
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberleefuta View Post
Hi everyone! I hope everyone is staying warm. We have a little heat wave coming to south bend later this week.

I have two questions. First one is that I have very sensitive skin ( I'm actually allergic to Tide) does anyone know what detergent disney uses on their linens? In the past I have just used bendryl but I would like to not be itchy all week. The second one deals with grocery delivery. I want to order mtn dew, spring water, and breakfast foods for our room. Does anyone know a good grocery delivery service and do they have a minimum order price?

Thanks so much!
Amberlee

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I don't know the laundry question but I can answer the grocery delivery question.
There are 2 primary services Wegoshop.com and Garden Grocer. Both are reputable and deliver good service. There are differences in their offerings.
At Garden Grocer you shop their "Virtual Aisles" on line and order from their store. Their prices are marked up on each item you pay. With wegoshop.com you can pick your store and then you create your own list naming product, brand, size etc. You can specify if you will allow substitutions or not. They charge the actual store price and give you the original receipt with your delivery. Garden Grocer has a $40 minimum order. There is no minimum with wegoshop. Garden Grocer's delivery fees are lower than wegoshop's so I think the cost ends up about the same.
Garden Grocer gives a 2 hour delivery window, I think. Wegoshop gives a 30 minute window and has always delivered in that exact time frame for us.
I prefer to make my own list, so I prefer wegoshop. I schedule delivery directly to my Villa in the late afternoon. I prefer not to have my order delivered to Bell Services, which would then also need an additional tip. And I don't want to wait the 2 hour delivery window.
I have used wegoshop 7 times and I highly recommend them
Good Luck
Old 02-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #1075
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberleefuta View Post
I want to order mtn dew, spring water, and breakfast foods for our room. Does anyone know a good grocery delivery service and do they have a minimum order price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopefully View Post
There are 2 primary services Wegoshop.com and Garden Grocer. Both are reputable and deliver good service. There are differences in their offerings.
At Garden Grocer you shop their "Virtual Aisles" on line and order from their store. Their prices are marked up on each item you pay. With wegoshop.com you can pick your store and then you create your own list naming product, brand, size etc. You can specify if you will allow substitutions or not. They charge the actual store price and give you the original receipt with your delivery. Garden Grocer has a $40 minimum order. There is no minimum with wegoshop. Garden Grocer's delivery fees are lower than wegoshop's so I think the cost ends up about the same.
Garden Grocer gives a 2 hour delivery window, I think. Wegoshop gives a 30 minute window and has always delivered in that exact time frame for us.
I prefer to make my own list, so I prefer wegoshop. I schedule delivery directly to my Villa in the late afternoon. I prefer not to have my order delivered to Bell Services, which would then also need an additional tip. And I don't want to wait the 2 hour delivery window.
I have used wegoshop 7 times and I highly recommend them
Good Luck
I have used Garden Grocer twice. Both times they delivered before the delivery window (before we even arrived at the hotel), and left the items with Bell Services. I tipped Bell Services for bringing the stuff up to my room. I did not tip Garden Grocer. (And yes, there is a fridge at Bell Services, so the perishables were refrigerated.)

The second time we used them, they forgot our bottled water and another item. They did bring those items the next afternoon. However, we were not happy about it, because that meant we would not have the bottled water when we left for the park the next morning. They also included something we didn't order and couldn't use. I took it down to Bell Services.

Other options for getting groceries include having a towncar pick you up at the airport, because they usually will include a 30 minute grocery stop if you like. Or walking over to the Dolphin and renting a car for the day. Or taking a cab.

From the FAQ on the Garden Grocer website:
Am I required to "tip" the delivery person?
Tipping of our delivery staff is optional. You are not required to do so.

s there a minimum order amount?
Yes, $40 on food/drink items.

Is there a delivery charge?
Yes, but it's only $14.00! For orders over $200 the delivery fee is only $2!

Old 02-16-2014, 07:39 AM   #1076
Couchy
DIS Veteran

I have used garden grocer 5 times and have never had an issue. Order has always been correct and has always been delivered early !

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Old 02-16-2014, 08:43 AM   #1077
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

So,
Our ADR window technically opened today, so last night, I stayed up until midnight and at 12:00 on the button...tried for reservations for CRT. No go. The website wouldn't let me do it.
I got up at 7 this morning and logged on. No go.
I called, and was lucky enough to get CRT at very close to the time I wanted it, but truly didn't feel like going through all our reservations for 10 days with the person on the phone. I just did our "hot ticket" items (CRT, Coral Reef, Narcoossee's, Rose and Crown at Illuminations time), and got almost everything I wanted. I love a nice 8:45-ish reservation at Narcoossee's to see Wishes, but the best she could do was 7:45, and my reply was, "Well, I guess I'd better keep ordering, because I'm going to have to kill time until 10!"
Darn you online system! You have the makings of perfection....but you never work!

The silver lining here is....6 months to BC/YC! Wheeee!
Old 02-16-2014, 08:48 AM   #1078
hill6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
So,
Our ADR window technically opened today, so last night, I stayed up until midnight and at 12:00 on the button...tried for reservations for CRT. No go. The website wouldn't let me do it.
I called, and was lucky enough to get CRT at very close to the time I wanted it, but truly didn't feel like going through all our reservations for 10 days with the person on the phone. I just did our "hot ticket" items (CRT, Coral Reef, Narcoossee's, Rose and Crown at Illuminations time), and got almost everything I wanted. I love a nice 8:45-ish reservation at Narcoossee's to see Wishes, but the best she could do was 7:45, and my reply was, "Well, I guess I'd better keep ordering, because I'm going to have to kill time until 10!"
Darn you online system! You have the makings of perfection....but you never work!

Well you can keep going online and checking to see if anything opens up.

I got 'Ohana and CRT at about the 130 day mark when I booked.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 9-14
Old 02-16-2014, 08:50 AM   #1079
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So,

Yay, so be pleased you scored CRT.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #1080
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So,

I feel your pain Scott MC...our 180 day mark was on Friday, I got up at 6a so I could make all my ADR's online, was able to make 1, and then no matter what I tried, the online system showed no availability...I was so annoyed as I knew it was the system not working properly. I had no choice but to wait till 7a so I could get a CM on the phone and once I did, I had no issues getting everything we wanted at the times we wanted including BOG & O'hana for dinner . I also have to admit that the CM I got was excellent...I had lots of ADR's to make as we're going for 9 days and the whole call took maybe 15 min from start to finish...I was a happy girl!!
1997:Travelodge-DTD| 2005:ASMu| 2007:POP| 2009:CSR| 2010:AKL| 2011:BC CL| 2012:BC CL| 2013:BC CL| Oct. 2013:BC|Aug. 2014:GF| Oct. 2014: CR CL &YC CL| Dec. 2014: CSR| Jan 2015: CSR|Aug 2015: CR CL & Poly CL

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: