Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2014, 06:10 PM   #61
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Great update! Looks like you're doing your own version of eat/drink around the world showcase! Next time I'm in Epcot, I'm going to review all your TR's for a refresher!

Yes, 10 days cancelled/closed since January 6th. (Our school had off the 2-3, or it would have been 12). The schools here will still have to make up some time. There are 2 bills in the Ohio house/senate that would add 4 more calamity days, to up the total to 9 this year, so they would only end up making one up. Most of the schools around here are developing "blizzard bags" that get sent home, with instructions for online learning. They can make up 3 days this way, but our district didn't have it in place for this year.

Single digit dance!
Old 02-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #62
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteria View Post
I know and here it comes again on Thrusday! I need to pick your brain about Disneyland!
Hi Myst! Nice chatting with you last night- looking forward to lunch on the 5th! We had 16 inches by this morning- it looks absolutely gorgeous, tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm in Philly on business this week preparing for the Snowcopolypse!

Jill in CO
We ended up with 16 inches after round 2 or 3 yesterday- crazy stuff! I am wondering how long it will take for all this snow to melt- baseball might miss a couple of months!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinksmom View Post
Hi Ellen! Told you I would be right over! I can't wait to read what you have so far but I just had to comment - WE were at the BWV on the MAIN floor right off the elevator in a studio!! After all our messages to try and meet for a margarita and you were practically next door. One of these days we will meet in person

Hi Melanie! You were not kidding! You came RIGHT over! And that really stinks that I probably walked past your room 10 times- we were sooooo close!

I'm going to subscribe and come back later to read some more!
Sounds good- thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Oops a little late - but I'm here! Can't wait to read all about it!
YAY! So happy to see you, Tammie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
You are really an uber updater on this one! I love that you went to MK solo - fun to just be able to do what you want and just take it all in. Nice start to your second day. Good thing you had some FP+ going on with that crowd.

All of the food around the world looks really good - kind of like an extended F&W - do they have it through the Holidays now?
Yes- they have booths set up with all kinds of special treats for the holidays. Very smart- and lots of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
I can't wait for the bra story! How did we miss that??? The next time you cruise with men who wear bras, I hope we're on that one with you!!

Jodie
It was at Quest- you ALWAYS should go to Quest- it is really hilarious every time. And Steve is a trooper! He was also wearing Kristi's shoes- good thing she was wearing flat sandals, lol-

And I hope you are on the next cruise too!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2014, 10:37 AM   #63
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiemama View Post
subbing in. Looking forward to reading your TR. We just got home from our first ever cruise and with teenagers too - curious to see how your cruise went.
We loved ours!
Hi there! Thanks for joining in! I am glad you had fun on your first cruise- it is the BEST for everyone, isn't it? It remains my kids' favorite vacation- and we take some really nice vacations, so, to me, that speaks VOLUMES.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I come in Friday night and staying at POFQ for that 1 night. The next day we are hitting Epcot and moving to offsite at my parents timeshare. I am not liking being offsite, but it does keep the cost down at least!!!!
Happy Birthday Jen!!!!!!

Lonnie and I will be staying right next door to you at OKW that night- who are you bringing with you this time? Where offsite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Great update! Looks like you're doing your own version of eat/drink around the world showcase! Next time I'm in Epcot, I'm going to review all your TR's for a refresher!

It was like that- we like to try things, so really enjoy all the extra and new options over there in Epcot.

Yes, 10 days cancelled/closed since January 6th. (Our school had off the 2-3, or it would have been 12). The schools here will still have to make up some time. There are 2 bills in the Ohio house/senate that would add 4 more calamity days, to up the total to 9 this year, so they would only end up making one up. Most of the schools around here are developing "blizzard bags" that get sent home, with instructions for online learning. They can make up 3 days this way, but our district didn't have it in place for this year.

Single digit dance!
We are about half that, I think- we did not close when we had that polar vortex debacle. But we did not get as cold as you guys did. Right now we are at 2 days coming off Spring Break, i think- but I wasn't going away with the kids this year anyway- High School baseball makes sure of that. Very interesting about the online learning- they are just about to do a segment on that on the news-
Old 02-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #64
podsnel

Since Pods and I still had a couple of hours to kill before meeting up with the boys, we decided to go have a beer at R&C. I think I tried a Bumblebee, which is half Guiness and Half Boddingtons. Definitely enjoyed it! Not sure what Pods went with, maybe a Smithwicks? Anyway, this was mine-

There was an adorable young couple standing next to us at the bar, and we really enjoyed chatting with them (I know- you are shocked, lol). When I wrote my last update, I think I mentioned they were Canadian- but I realize they were not from Canada, they were actually from Seattle. I DID however meet a TON of friends in the past couple of months who were from canada, so I guess I am now just assuming that is where everyone who is new to me comes from? Anyway, they were so sweet, had only just arrived that day, and had never been to Orlando before- they wanted to know if I had any advice for them.

Afterwards, it was time for the British Invasion to perform so we REALLY enjoyed that (especially the part where they finished by playing THE WHO- my favorite band). REALLY enjoyed the music, this was my first time for them, it won't be the last. They were VERY popular- people were up and dancing all over the place.

Next we stopped in to watch the Canada movie- Martin Short is so funny! I really wanted to go, mostly because we will be staying in Vancouver before the cruise and I wanted to drool over the gorgeousness of that city which is in the movie. LOVE the movie in Canada, Eh?!

Next up was a new Christmas addition, "Joyful! A Gospel Celebration of the Season".

It was so good- so much talent on that stage. Unfortunately, they had to cut it VERY short due to impending bad weather (that never came). Soon it was time to meet the boys-

Before you know it, we were flying to Mars-

LMAO- I love taking pictures on this ride. the motion doesn't bother me, and we always have fun acting INCREDIBLY stupid when we fly to other planets as a family.

Well, at least I seem to have fun acting incredibly stupid when we fly to other planets as a family.

In case you were wondering, the stand by time at TT was at

YIKES!! Even single rider was posted at 30 mins. It was 4:00.

We thought now would be a good time to check in at BCV, since we had gotten a text our room was ready.

I went up to the front desk, and they told us to go over to BCV to check in. No idea if this is permanent, or just because it was busy for Christmas.

YAY! It's Christmas in the villas!

Up to our villa, Timmy assumed the position-

This is the first thing Timmy does 95% of the time we check in ANYWHERE.

No idea what tyler was so happy about here-

We got our luggage delivered by Bell services, cleaned up a bit, and headed back out- for our dinner at La Hacienda, followed by something I have waited a looooong time to see...The Candlelight Processional. Next time!

Old 02-14-2014, 03:03 PM   #65
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

Looks like a fun time on your way to Mars! Looking forward to reading about the Candlelight Processional. This is on my Disney to-do list (so many things are on my to-do list!)
Old 02-14-2014, 04:49 PM   #66
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Love the photos from Mission To Mars !!!!
Are you cruising to Alaska from Vancouver then? Have I already asked you this and totally forgot because I am getting old?
We did the DCL Alaska Cruise from Vancouver last June and it was AMAZING!!
Loved Vancouver as well, such a great city
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:43 AM   #67
MEK
DIS Veteran

They do look like a super cute couple.

I am going to have to try a Bumblebee because I LOVE Boddingtons!!!! I have never been served at the bar. I really need to belly up one of these days.

I've heard that gospel group is really excellent.

I love the movie in Canada. It's one of my favs.

Fun pictures on mission space!

Great update!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:09 AM   #68
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiMc View Post
Looks like a fun time on your way to Mars! Looking forward to reading about the Candlelight Processional. This is on my Disney to-do list (so many things are on my to-do list!)
So many things are on MY to-do list, too, lol! Hopefully we can DO some of these to-dos together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Love the photos from Mission To Mars !!!!
Are you cruising to Alaska from Vancouver then? Have I already asked you this and totally forgot because I am getting old?
We did the DCL Alaska Cruise from Vancouver last June and it was AMAZING!!
Loved Vancouver as well, such a great city
YES!! Tell me all about it! When we were in Mexico I met a TON of Canadians- most of whom were from Vancouver- or Vancouverish, as one of them said. I am in LOVE with all of them- we had so much fun! Two were a married couple that own restaurants up there called Chewies- it looks soooooo good- I can't wait to see them and hang out up there with them! We are only flying in the day before- but because of the time difference, we land at 10 am, so that is good at least! I want to...I know what you're going to say....ride bikes around the park all day.

What- no good?

I was able to snag the Pan Pacific on Hotwire for $200, so were alot of people on our cruise- so VERY excited for that!! How long were you there? What did you do? Tell me EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
They do look like a super cute couple.

SO SWEET! And also intelligent- very nice to spend an hour with.

I am going to have to try a Bumblebee because I LOVE Boddingtons!!!! I have never been served at the bar. I really need to belly up one of these days.

Then you will love it- it was YUM! You should go hang at the bar with Rosie- that is who I was with the first time I went there!

I've heard that gospel group is really excellent.

They were extremely talented- you would LOVE it! I was disappointed when they were cut short, tho. Must have been thunder in the area.

I love the movie in Canada. It's one of my favs.

Definitely!

Fun pictures on mission space!

Clearly, I am missing a few chips...

Great update!
Thanks!
Old 02-15-2014, 01:48 PM   #69
Cheryl726
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your TR, looking forward to reading more, especially of the cruise! It was a good read while being snowed in!

BTW, looks like you have a beautiful home!

Cheryl726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #70
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Great update Ellen. And your bar maid at R&C was our waitress on Christmas Day. She was a real sweet girl. My girls enjoyed visiting with her.

And the British Invasion is always a fun time.

I hope you enjoyed La Hacienda. It is one of my favorite places to eat at EPCOT. There is so much food. Yummmmm.

And I can't wait to see your candlelight processional pictures. Mine didn't turn out the best. And weren't the trumpeters awesome. Well, all of it was but they just blew me away!
Old 02-15-2014, 02:56 PM   #71
veggiemama
DIS Veteran

Love the gingerbread Carrousel. We were in WDW at Christmas time in 2011 and a big highlight for me was seeing all the gingerbread decorations. Just love what they create!

We did Mars, but only once. We (meaning mostly me!) were very ill after that ride, and we did the 'easy' version! LOL Love you pictures though - looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

CP was awesome when we were there - even though my son fell asleep during it! Can't wait to hear what you thought of it.

Mom: Laura Dad: John DD: Bethany, 16 DS: John I, 14
PTR 70th Birthday Celebration
Do you know where the kids are? TR of our first Magic cruise

Trips: DL 1985 / WDW 2008: Stayed off site / WDW 2011: AKL and POFQ / DCL 2014: Magic,4 day
veggiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:42 PM   #72
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Better late than never, eh? Great report. I know what you mean about being so happy, you skip through the lobby. Thats the perfect way to describe the joy of knowing you're just starting a wonderful Disney filled vacation.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:51 AM   #73
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Right, I am now hijaking your TR with a mini Vancouver TR

We spent 3 days before the cruise and 3 days after the cruise in Vancouver so managed to pack a lot in

We visited the Capilano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain, took a sea plane over to Victoria for the day, and headed to Whistler one day as well. Just before the cruise we visited Fly Over Canada at Canada Place (think Soarin')

The city itself is great and very easy to navigate. Lots of great restaurants and coffee shops and lots of shopping opportunites, Granville Island has a wonderful market

But honestly, one of my fondest memories of our time there ……… renting bikes and cycling around Stanley Park …… DO IT!!!!!

We had brunch at the Teahouse Restaurant in the Park and visited the aquarium. There is a designated cycle path and the views are beautiful

Phew… I haven't even mentioned Alaska and all the fun to be had there !!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #74
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

How fun you met a couple from Canada-Seattle! They asked the right person for advice - it would be hard to choose what to say first

I didn't realize BI did the WHO too. I have only seen the Beatles, which I loved. I noticed all the front row peeps were Sr Citizens!

Vancouver is so beautiful! We rented a car and went to Butchart Gardens, which was a bust because it was Spring and they had a late Winter up there, (It was still beautiful, just short on flowers) and the Dunsmuir castle, which I loved because it was historical, but I'm not sure your boys would be so into it.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #75
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

Happy Birthday Jen!!!!!!

Lonnie and I will be staying right next door to you at OKW that night- who are you bringing with you this time? Where offsite?

Thanks!!!

My parents and Claire are coming with me. Skip will be flying down later in the week and then we'll go on the Magic.

We are staying at the Marriott Grand Vista! My parents have a time share there and have stayed several times, but it will be a first for Claire and I. It does look nice.

Great Epcot day! I just love all the holiday decor. I really need to get back near the holidays again!!!!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: