Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
supergoofy
Mouseketeer

About a week away from making ADR's need some help

So I had all of our ADR's down and they looked good. But now I am on the fence and need some help.

On our first day in MK I was thinking of doing Crystal Palace for dinner.

Now I am thinking of doing Crystal Palace on our last day for breakfast. Don't want to go super early as its last day and I know we will have all sorts of stuff to do like pack up and check out and such. We are staying offsite so it would not be easy to head back to hotel and leave from there.

But on the other hand I know early am is prime park touring time. On this particular day MK opens at 9am.

Wondering if it would be better to do a 9am ADR or wait an hour or so and go more towards 10am. Need to try and eat early as we have a 6pm flight out and would like to have a light lunch/dinner at MCO as we don't touch down until CA at 10pm CA time.

Now by changing Crystal Palace from dinner to breakfast I need an ADR for our first park night. Besides BOG what are some great options?
supergoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:49 PM   #2
disneybliss2
DIS Veteran

I would make it around 10:00. I would try to pack up as much as you can the night before to be able to get to the park in the morning to take advantage of the lower crowds. We preferred the breakfast at CP more than the dinner. For dinner on the other night, I would suggest 'Ohana. It's an easy boat or monorail ride over to the Polynesian and one of our favorite restaurants.
disneybliss2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2014, 09:55 PM   #3
ses1230
DIS Veteran

If you are looking for a TS, I would recommend The Plaza. It has good sandwiches and salads, and the fries are excellent.

Tony's is just so-so Italian. I would definitely choose the Plaza over Tony's.

If you are able to get there for lunch service, I would say LTT. The lunch menu is better than dinner, imo. You don't say what time you are traveling so lunch may or may not be an option.

You could also check out some of the restaurants at the monorail resorts.

1978 CR 2006 CR 2007 OKW 2008 SSR 2009 GF 2010 BLT 2011 BLT 2012 AKV 2013 DCL - Wonder
2013 BC 2014 Pop 2014 BLT 2015 Pop 2015 BC
ses1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:57 PM   #4
supergoofy
Mouseketeer

Ohana sounds great but when I looked at the menu I see "peanut" in noodles and sauces. My boy has allergies to peanuts and we don't know the extent of them. So he may just be itchy if he eats them or may need his epi pen.

Is this an avoidable thing? Menu seemed to suggest buffet style.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #5
supergoofy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ses1230 View Post
If you are looking for a TS, I would recommend The Plaza. It has good sandwiches and salads, and the fries are excellent.

Tony's is just so-so Italian. I would definitely choose the Plaza over Tony's.

If you are able to get there for lunch service, I would say LTT. The lunch menu is better than dinner, imo. You don't say what time you are traveling so lunch may or may not be an option.

You could also check out some of the restaurants at the monorail resorts.

On our first day we will be in MK from open until close. So lunch/dinner would be fine. Which ever we chose we will do CS for the other.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:51 AM   #6
Disney_Alli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergoofy View Post
Ohana sounds great but when I looked at the menu I see "peanut" in noodles and sauces. My boy has allergies to peanuts and we don't know the extent of them. So he may just be itchy if he eats them or may need his epi pen.

Is this an avoidable thing? Menu seemed to suggest buffet style.
This meal is served family style with the dishes brought out to your table for your family and the meat skewers are brought around and offered to everyone. Make a note on your reservation about the peanut allergy and the chef will probably come out to speak with you about making an alternate noodle dish or they will simply provide you with a peanut free option.

Lots of Pixie Dust
Disney_Alli

Disney_Alli is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: