Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2014, 06:12 AM   #1
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show questions

Has any one been there lately? How was the food. I know last year many were complaining that they didn't like the new items including the rice. Any updates ?

Second question, I know some drinks are included. What is included in the price? Some sites say tropical rum drink included and others say at extra cost. which one is it
Old 01-30-2014, 10:20 PM   #2
katt789
DIS Veteran

We did it Feb of last year, and despite the show being, okay, we ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE FOOD

Seriously, it was probably the best meal of the week, and we both said we'd go back on that alone (just on a warmer night!) Everything food wise was beyond amazing. The shoe was okay, the first two "Acts" are on the slower side, and things really kick it up during the third. I think we felt like it was dragging on longer because it was so chilly in there.

As for the drinks, I'm not sure, I know the one that comes in a coconut is at extra cost!

Here's our review:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=260

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2014, 08:46 AM   #3
Tink0812
Mouseketeer

We just went this past October. DH and I absolutely loved the food and had a blast! The rice was actually my favorite part well along with the bread of course! The only alcoholic beverages included were beer and wine. They did have a nice wine selection though and we enjoyed a couple of glasses with our meal. We would definitely do it again!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:47 AM   #4
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

We decided to go regardless of some comments about it not being all that good last week and I have to say that we really liked the food. The pulled pork was very good, so were the ribs and the chicken had nice spices. We didn't care of the creamy slaw which I think was mango but liked the others. We, however, weren't serve rice at all. There was only some noodles, salad. I wish I could have tried the rice LOL
Old 02-12-2014, 12:04 PM   #5
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

we have been numerous times and love this place.
Last May took our granddaughter and her fiance....they loved it too...I didnt care for the white rice ...but they were testing it and weighing how much comes back to the kitchen...so they do try to make things good for everyone..

After our waiter found out I was from the Dis...he went and got the chef...I was very impressed that he took time to come out and talk to me..we had been to the Luau when they had regular pork fried rice with some seafood in it..(and free Mai Tais and also pina colada...he said the year it started that and they were trying to do more options..trying to make everyone happy...

I thought that the food was pretty good...and I would go back but not this year..we are trying out some different restaurants

pumba is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: