Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #1
Hannahh25
Earning My Ears

Best Restaurant for a Birthday Meal?

Hi everyone,

We're celebrating a 21st birthday (mine ) and we would like to choose somewhere to go on the night. It will just be my mum and I, and we have made a reservation for Be Our Guest, however we're wondering if it would perhaps be better to go there another night instead. If anyone knows of any restaurants anywhere in WDW (we won't have a car) that would be nice, please let me know! As it will be our first time, any recommendations for any other good places to eat for the rest of our stay would be great too! I'm a vegetarian so any places that have good vegetarian options would be perfect!

Finally, at Be Our Guest do you have the table for as long as you want at dinner or do they rush you a little? And are you able to pick which room you would like to sit in?
DLP July 2012 - Sequoia Lodge
WDW June 2014 - POFQ

Hannahh25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #2
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannahh25 View Post
We're celebrating a 21st birthday (mine ) and we would like to choose somewhere to go on the night.
It depends a little on what kind of birthday dinner you want. For me, I'd pick a Signature restaurant for something like a 21st birthday dinner. The food and service and most Signatures are outstanding. The prices are higher, but they're often well worth the cost. I'm not a vegetarian, so I can't really comment on which one has the best/most vegetarian options.

It's fairly easy to get to any of the Signatures (they're at the Deluxe resorts) from the theme parks. Depending on which resort you're heading to, theme park to resort transportation is either by foot, by bus, by boat, or by monorail.

In terms of the in-park venues, if you're at the MK, I'd probably opt for CRT for the dinner. While the food is only okay (same with BOG), the atmosphere at CRT is amazing. You're eating inside Cinderella's Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannahh25 View Post
Finally, at Be Our Guest do you have the table for as long as you want at dinner or do they rush you a little? And are you able to pick which room you would like to sit in?
In my experience, dinner at BOG isn't really a lengthy experience (waiting for the table can be). I'd say a three course dinner takes about 60-75 minutes at most. While they aren't going to throw you out, they do bring out the courses fairly quickly (e.g., they won't necessarily wait for you to finish all of the appetizers on the plate before bringing out the entrees) and I think they expect you to leave when you're done and not linger (if that's what you mean).

I've heard that you can request a table in a specific room (assuming the room is open) at dinner, but they don't guarantee they can accommodate you and it may add substantial time to your wait. Most of the tables are in the Ballroom, with some (but not a lot) of tables in the West Wing. When I was there, the Rose Library (Music Box Room) was not open for dinner guests.
figment_jii is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #3
brekken1
Mouseketeer

As a Beauty and the Beast fan, I would love BOG for a birthday dinner. The atmosphere is amazing and the food is very good! On our trip last September, we had a birthday in our group and the waitress went out of her way to make the meal special. They brought a birthday card, signed picture and an additional dessert of the gray stuff. I am sure you can request a room choice, but of course it may not be met. Dining at BOG was one of our best dining experiences at Disney, and should you choose to keep that hard-to-get reservation, I think you will be pleased!
brekken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #4
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brekken1 View Post
On our trip last September, we had a birthday in our group and the waitress went out of her way to make the meal special. They brought a birthday card, signed picture and an additional dessert of the gray stuff.
It's should be noted that whether or not anything happens because a birthday celebration is occurring depends on the restaurant, the server, the crowds, etc. The servers can do things (like the one the PP mentioned), but they don't have to and sometimes don't even say "happy birthday". I'd say about half of the time something happens, but half of the time nothing happens. So, to the OP, please don't go to any WDW TS expecting the servers to do anything special because you're celebrating your birthday.
figment_jii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #5
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Garden Grill would be my first choice for a birthday ADR - in fact, we just ate there Saturday for my birthday. BUT, it really boils down to your favorite! BOG would be a great place for a birthday reservation - you'd feel like a true Princess eating there!

I highly recommend going through menus on WDWInfo or reading recommendations here for places that look fun and yummy to you!
MrsDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:57 AM   #6
mi*vida*loca
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

I would do a nice signature if it were me and my mom for a 21st birthday.

Maybe go to Flying Fish on the Boardwalk and then hitting up JellyRolls after.

10/2003 & 3/2008 - Offsite
3/2009 - CBR

8/2011 - CBR

mi*vida*loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:53 PM   #7
EasternShoreGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi*vida*loca View Post
I would do a nice signature if it were me and my mom for a 21st birthday. Maybe go to Flying Fish on the Boardwalk and then hitting up JellyRolls after.
Ditto that for me although another very adult experience would be Jiko at the AKL. Ask to be seated where the wood-burning ovens to watch the cooking. They really take care of you there.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:19 PM   #8
Donnainnj
Loves having an AP
Has lost about 4 toppers

I would find the menu you liked the best for dinner and then, as PP mentioned, head over to Jellyrolls.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:40 PM   #9
AllyinWonderland
Mouseketeer

As others mentioned, it definitely depends on what you are looking for. Personally, I would prefer either a signature restaurant or maybe something in Epcot or the downtown or boardwalk areas. A couple that would be at the top of my list are California Grill andTeppan Edo
AllyinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: