Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
ajm1107
Mouseketeer

Dry Cleaning Time and Pricing

We sail this Sunday and I am working on the "little things" before we leave. I saw that the dry cleaning looks reasonable for the ships. Does anyone know how long it takes. Say it we set it out Sunday upon arrival will we have my husbands suit back by Monday dinner time? Also I have seen prices from 2012, does anyone have any current prices.

Thanks.
DS (13)
DS (9)

One trip as a little girl
June 2005 Pop Century Old Key West (Our once in a lifetime trip)
March 2006 Pop Century (SO not so once in a lifetime)
October 2008 ASMU
May 2010 POR Bringing the new family
February 2014 First Disney Cruise oh what a Wonder
ajm1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
JohnPA
DisDad #627

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm1107 View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes. Say it we set it out Sunday upon arrival will we have my husbands suit back by Monday dinner time?
Yep. Worked out that way for us. Gave our formal wear to stateroom host when we unpacked and had it back in the room Monday afternoon in plenty of time for dinner. I don't remember the exact prices, just that they were so reasonable I will always have my suits and jackets pressed onboard.
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2014, 01:55 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Here's the laundry list (prices & times):

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #4
Valley Twin
Chief Curmudgeon

We gave our dry cleaning to our steward on the afternoon we arrived and had it back within 24 hours, in plenty of time for our brunch and dinner @ Palo later in the cruise.
Valley Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:28 PM   #5
Ravenne
A queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Here's the laundry list (prices & times):
So if you just wanted to have a button down shirt pressed, it's $3 whether you have it laundered or not? And do you tip the laundry service CMs?
Ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:37 PM   #6
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenne View Post
So if you just wanted to have a button down shirt pressed, it's $3 whether you have it laundered or not? And do you tip the laundry service CMs?
Right above the "Name" line it says "Pressing only service is 50% of the dry cleaning price". A shirt dry cleaned is $3.50 - pressing only same shirt $1.75.

AFAIK, the laundry just shows up back at your room. Don't know if they deliver it when you are there. So don't know about the tips. I think maybe this is all handled by your room host (pick up and delivery)

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:34 PM   #7
mommy2allyandaveri
Disney or otherwise. Sucks
I will NEVER NEVER NEVER go on that ride again!

$1.75 for a mans shirt seems completely reasonable to me and I'm totally going to do this! I hate ironing and I know DH's dress shirts will be a wrinkled mess from the suitcase.

mommy2allyandaveri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #8
Ravenne
A queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early.

Quote:
Right above the "Name" line it says "Pressing only service is 50% of the dry cleaning price". A shirt dry cleaned is $3.50 - pressing only same shirt $1.75.
Ah I was so focused on the fine print that I overlooked the bold print.
The prices seem very reasonable indeed!
Thanks for the info!
Ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:18 AM   #9
llqool
DIS Veteran

Location: Stationed in Germany, but STILL a FL resident (yeah!!!!)

We have never been there when they deliver laundry/dry cleaning. It just "magically" appears.

And the prices are *very* reasonable. Less expensive (and a lot less hassle!) than our dry cleaners in VA were.

We usually don't have them do everything at once -- we send it in a couple batches (with a few days between) so it doesn't get wrinkled in the closet.
llqool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:21 AM   #10
brianvdb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
AFAIK, the laundry just shows up back at your room. Don't know if they deliver it when you are there. So don't know about the tips. I think maybe this is all handled by your room host (pick up and delivery)
Correct... room host picks it up and will deliver it back to your room whether you are there or not.

I, too, have had shirts and suits pressed on the first night. I always try and track down the room host to let them know that I have dry cleaning that needs to be picked up. They almost always take it from me right then and there.

Not sure if that's completely necessary, but I know there's a lot going on that first day and I don't want it to get missed.
brianvdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:27 AM   #11
brianvdb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenne View Post
$3 to launder and press it. $1.50 for press-only. There is no tip. The pickup and delivery is handled by your room host, who is already tipped.
brianvdb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: