Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2014, 07:03 PM   #61
tajz90
Mama D

It's too big or seems that way. I don't like the food service area either. We stayed there once and was miserable. Avoided it for years! Then my kids grew taller and we needed bigger beds. We sucked it up and tried it again. We were happy. We stayed in the back and avoided the food area. Worked perfect.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:16 PM   #62
jperrot1
DIS Veteran

If you have only stayed at Deluxe resorts, I think CSR is a great moderate to try out. I think it is the most deluxe (ish) of the moderates. That's because you can still rent water craft, it has a fitness center and spa, and it has a business class room booking option. In fact, I highly recommend booking a business class room at CSR for your situation. It gets you a room in building 9B which is super close to the pool, food court building, and a bus stop. It is a little of an up charge, but it also gives you access to a lounge in this building that includes daily breakfast, as well as snacks and drinks and things during curtain times of the day. Do not confuse this with a deluxe club level room as it is not the same.

The above are the things I like about CSR, although I have not stayed business class yet as this option has been available to the general public for only about a year.

I think you'll find the moderate resorts very nice, but they are in no question a step down. You won't find any character meals. You don't have access to the monorail. And, you can't see the MK castle from your resort. And thus, these are the things I don't like about CSR, or any of the moderates.

But I should add we stayed one night at the All Star Sports this past August 2013 (not our cup of tea) and then switched over for 8 nights at Caribbean Beach Resort, which was a great stay. So, we think the moderates are super great resorts but........ they are just not deluxe resorts.

Last edited by jperrot1; 02-06-2014 at 07:18 PM. Reason: put wrong date
jperrot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2014, 04:00 AM   #63
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperrot1 View Post
If you have only stayed at Deluxe resorts, I think CSR is a great moderate to try out. I think it is the most deluxe (ish) of the moderates. That's because you can still rent water craft, it has a fitness center and spa, and it has a business class room booking option.
You can rent watercraft at all moderate resorts, to be fair. Though I did find during my last stay at CSR that the water craft rental place was never open. I think it is either open very seasonally, or not open at all anymore.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:16 AM   #64
solfan68
DIS Veteran

The pool is amazing.

And while some complain about the conventioneers, we kinda liked it. Here's why... During the day while the folks in suits are off to their meetings, we found the buses were largely empty. There were a few times when we has an entire bus to our family of three.

Honestly, though... we have yet to stay at a Disney resort that we didn't enjoy.

CBR - 7/94 CBR - 7/96 CSR - 6/07 POR - 6/08 WL - 1/11 DCL - 8/12
solfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:27 AM   #65
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
I am booked for May at CSR and have been looking forward to it. After reading this, one thing that gives me pause is the immense size/convention issues. Should I expect busses to be crowded? Does it take long to hit all the stops. Last time I used busses was at POP and they have just the one stop. I am a Rope Drop to Close person, so will only be riding at those times.

We had the option of Caribbean Beach, but CSR looked nicer. Any advice? Thanks.
As stated by the other poster if bus service is your top priority Casitas 4 and busstop 2 is the best. Keep in mind though when requesting that Casitas 4 is also the farthest building from the main pool. It is convienent for everything else though. We had a great 14 night stay in Casitas 4 Dec. 2011. It has the largest quiet pool and lounging area as well as fitness center so we never used the main pool, we just used the quiet pool.
saskdw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #66
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solfan68 View Post
Honestly, though... we have yet to stay at a Disney resort that we didn't enjoy.
Thats how I feel too!

CSR is our resort of choice because we feel it meets all our needs at a great price point. I use the fitness center and it's the cheapest place to stay at WDW with that feature. But other than the Value resorts I think I would enjoy any of the WDW resorts.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #67
BrianL
Doom Buggy Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
As stated by the other poster if bus service is your top priority Casitas 4 and busstop 2 is the best. Keep in mind though when requesting that Casitas 4 is also the farthest building from the main pool. It is convienent for everything else though. We had a great 14 night stay in Casitas 4 Dec. 2011. It has the largest quiet pool and lounging area as well as fitness center so we never used the main pool, we just used the quiet pool.
Cool. Casitas 4 sounds like a good location for me then. I'll see if I can request that. I am not that worried about the pool, though I might go to it once just to see it. The Busses are everything since I am not renting a car. Do they start service 90 minutes before park open?

Lifetime WDW Visits: 6 (Plus 1 DL)
When leaving Disney, heed the advice of the Ghost Hostess and...
"Hurry Baaaack! Hurry Baaaack!"
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:25 AM   #68
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Do they start service 90 minutes before park open?
To accommodate early breakfast ADRs, the buses start rolling at 6:30AM but they aren't at full capacity. They get into full swing 1 hour prior to park opening.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #69
BrianL
Doom Buggy Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
To accommodate early breakfast ADRs, the buses start rolling at 6:30AM but they aren't at full capacity. They get into full swing 1 hour prior to park opening.
Okay, awesome. I have no problem being on the FIRST bus to anywhere. Sounds like I'll have the time. I'll see if I can get a room closer to one of the stops. Thanks all, I am looking forward to staying at CSR!

Lifetime WDW Visits: 6 (Plus 1 DL)
When leaving Disney, heed the advice of the Ghost Hostess and...
"Hurry Baaaack! Hurry Baaaack!"
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 02:53 PM   #70
Mississippian
DIS Veteran

My wife is attending a convention at CSR and I think the kids and I are going to join her. I would much prefer to be at the Swan or Boardwalk, but I guess we'll take the free room.

At the BWI taxis are readily available, so if you don't like the crappy bus service you can take a cab. Given that there is a lot of business traffic at CSR, are there plenty of taxis in the morning?
Old 02-10-2014, 05:55 PM   #71
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Just got back from staying there during Marathon Weekend....

Theming was beautiful, and the resort was quite lovely. Bus transportation was quite good, which is a heck of a feat considering all of the extra buses that were driving around for the marathon! I enjoyed drinks at the bars and the staff couldn't be friendlier. Rooms were very nice, and I especially liked the sliding wood doors separating the bedroom from the vanity. My wife was very grateful I didn't wake her up when I had to get up at 2:30 to get ready to run!

The bad news.....food court stunk. Perhaps it wasn't set up to handle such large crowds, but it took us a while to get food whenever we ordered. And even though buses were great, I always prefer alternate modes of transportation other than buses.

That being said, I was pleasantly surprised at CSR and would not mind staying there again (as long as someone else is picking up the tab!).

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
roydavid7771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #72
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippian View Post
My wife is attending a convention at CSR and I think the kids and I are going to join her. I would much prefer to be at the Swan or Boardwalk, but I guess we'll take the free room.

At the BWI taxis are readily available, so if you don't like the crappy bus service you can take a cab. Given that there is a lot of business traffic at CSR, are there plenty of taxis in the morning?
Taxi's are readily available outside the main lobby just like BWI. You will find the bus service significantly better than BWI, many consider it the best bus service on WDW property.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #73
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roydavid7771 View Post
Just got back from staying there during Marathon Weekend....

Theming was beautiful, and the resort was quite lovely. Bus transportation was quite good, which is a heck of a feat considering all of the extra buses that were driving around for the marathon! I enjoyed drinks at the bars and the staff couldn't be friendlier. Rooms were very nice, and I especially liked the sliding wood doors separating the bedroom from the vanity. My wife was very grateful I didn't wake her up when I had to get up at 2:30 to get ready to run!

The bad news.....food court stunk. Perhaps it wasn't set up to handle such large crowds, but it took us a while to get food whenever we ordered. And even though buses were great, I always prefer alternate modes of transportation other than buses.

That being said, I was pleasantly surprised at CSR and would not mind staying there again (as long as someone else is picking up the tab!).
We have 34 nights at CSR under our belt over 3 stays there and have eaten at Pepper Market around 20 times. We have had excellent service there and the quality is as good as it gets for food court food. The key with any of the quick service outlets is to go at off meal times. If you go at the busy times you will have to wait. This isn't exclusive to CSR.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: