Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2014, 12:29 PM   #1
Ry42013
Earning My Ears

Help me choose!

Heading down to the world the first weekend of May for 3 nights. I'll be down earlier in the week for a convention staying off site. However we do have really great convention rates at BC and GF. I reserved a room at both but can't decide where to stay!
My DS3 & DS5 and DH will be with me. Typically we stay at the Poly and I really like the monorail access with little ones, however we usually go during the cooler months and never really have the chance to do the pool.
Also the convention says for BC that its a 1 BR Suite- would that be considered Club Level? BC is around $100 cheaper but if we were at the Grand we could return the rental car and just use DME.

GF is Club Level, main building.
I've heard the rooms are kind of a mess, is that true? I think both places are up for refurb probably after our stay.
Haven't stayed at BC in YEARS and my oldest would probably love SB at BC. But I know the pool at Grand would be just as good for them.
I change my mind daily! HELP!
Ry42013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #2
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer

Pool at Polenesian is very nice.
cheryllarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry42013 View Post
Heading down to the world the first weekend of May for 3 nights. I'll be down earlier in the week for a convention staying off site. However we do have really great convention rates at BC and GF. I reserved a room at both but can't decide where to stay!
My DS3 & DS5 and DH will be with me. Typically we stay at the Poly and I really like the monorail access with little ones, however we usually go during the cooler months and never really have the chance to do the pool.
Also the convention says for BC that its a 1 BR Suite- would that be considered Club Level? BC is around $100 cheaper but if we were at the Grand we could return the rental car and just use DME.

GF is Club Level, main building.
I've heard the rooms are kind of a mess, is that true? I think both places are up for refurb probably after our stay.
Haven't stayed at BC in YEARS and my oldest would probably love SB at BC. But I know the pool at Grand would be just as good for them.
I change my mind daily! HELP!
My choice would be GF RPC without hesitation. With that said, I would imagine the BC suite would be CL and while we've stayed at the BC, it wasn't CL so I can't comment on that. However, RPC is amazing and is hard to beat, IMO. The lounge is spacious with plenty of seating, the food offerings are great, and the CMs are amazing. You are correct that both resorts are scheduled for room refurbs this year, with the GF being done now (but RPC rooms aren't scheduled to be done until June). Good luck with your decision.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: