Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #1
Mississippian
DIS Veteran

Taxi availability at Coronado Springs?

I posted this question at the end of another thread, but figure it would do better with a thread of its own. What is the taxi availability at CSR?

By comparison, I've noted excellent taxi availability at BWI/BWV, so that if I'm running a little late or I get annoyed with the lousy bus service I can just grab a cab. This is especially important to me first thing in the morning. When going to the MK, I always take the cab to the Poly or Contemporary, grab a cup of coffee and then walk or take the monorail. Getting dropped off at the Transportation and Ticketing Center can easily add an hour to the whole process on a busy day.

So anyway, does CSR have plenty of cabs? My wife is there on business, it's the children's Spring Break, and I really can't turn down a free room even if it is stuck off in Nowheresville.

We will have a car, but I don't like driving. I'll likely only take cabs if we get impatient; I don't mind the bus when it's not crowded or if I'm not in a hurry. Generally when staying in the EPCOT area we will take a cab once or twice during our stay, but it's nice that they are always available at the BWI.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:35 PM   #2
jimandami
DIS Veteran

I stayed at CSR but attended a conference at the Hilton at DTD...had no problem getting a cab over in the mornings.
jimandami is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #3
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

There are plenty of cabs at CSR. Its a convention resort and there is always demand for taxis there.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #4
Mississippian
DIS Veteran

Thanks! That's all I need to know. Bus problems don't matter so much if I can just hop in a cab.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:49 PM   #5
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

It's very easy to get a taxi at any Disney resort. You just walk up to the Bell Services desk outside the resort's main building and ask them to get you a cab. If there isn't one already waiting, they'll call one for you.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #6
Tink0812
Mouseketeer

We used taxis several times when we stayed at CSR in October. All but one time there was one waiting in the parking lot (that one time also happened to be 6:30am so that might be why). Bell services called us a cab and it took only six minutes to get there. Cabs can be much more reliable than buses for early morning ADR's and the prices are much better than the Chicago taxi fares we are used to.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #7
ShelliRenee
Daughter of a King

We were there in October as well and went to Guest Services and they called the Taxi up and it was there within two minutes. We had no problems at all.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #8
skippingthrudisney
Earning My Ears

Does anyone remember how much the taxis cost from the parks?
skippingthrudisney is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: