Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2014, 12:08 PM   #16
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Holy motherlode of updates. Way to kick it off!

42 points for one night, OUCH, I feel your pain!

Love that you ditched the gang and hightailed it straight to MK, but yeah the next day with teens, and a move 11am sounds about right. I love the updated bakery!!! You got some gorgeous pics of the castle my friend. I've never tried those nuggets either, someday. Maybe. Still can't believe we JUST missed each other!!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:30 AM   #17
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
Sniff.
Christmas at WDW is "my someday" I am going to book a BounceBack for the end of Nov. I hope it is 40% off.
That is how I felt about it....SOMEDAY...well, someday finally arrived! I promise, Marisa- it is worth the wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
Joining in so I can compare your Fantasy and my Dream NYE. I can't believe we were there at the same times.
I KNOW!!!!! Are you doing a TR too? Have you been on the Fantasy yet? She is SOME KIND OF SHIP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow - You are really off to a great start!

Thanks Love!

So, heck yeah, cheaper flight should always translate into an extra night at Disney. Yay for a 1 BR standard view! I just love the Boardwalk Christmas decorations.

But originally we were flying in later- we were able to switch it earlier because they changed the time of the flight by more than 1/2 an hour. I was doin a VERY happy dance that day!

So glad that the MK wasn't outrageously crowded. Looks like a fabulous evening and what a perfect start, except for the missing piece of luggage. Way to take advantage of that AP!

I had seen on Touring Plans that is was not going to be insanely busy- but still, you never know. What a nice surprise!

I love your T-shrit! Perfect!

Thanks! I have had it for YEARS waiting to wear to WDW at just the right time! I made Lonnie buy it for me when she was down there for Christmas one year-

Great pictures of the castle. Boy do I miss Christmas at Disney. I need a fix.

Everyone does!

Very excited about October's cruise.

YEA!!!

Oh, and BTW - I just started a new TR too, so join in when you can!
Thanks! I did- just ran out of time to comment- I will be back to do that later today-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bette View Post
Yay! So excited to see you started! Christmas at WDW is so magical and beautiful! Looking forward to reading about the Fantasy!!
Hi Princess! I am trying to get through this WDW as fast as I can, lol! The Fantasy is really, really awesome- all four of us loved it.You will too!!! A week long cruise just offers so many more wonderful things to do- seriously, even in port, we barely wanted to get off.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2014, 09:39 AM   #18
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
I'm in!

This might sound weird but your 2008 Western TR was the first one I ever read and it is that report I refer to in my PRT! So in a way I guess you are responsible for my DCL addiction.
That doesn't sound weird- that sounds AMAZING!!! I love love love that I was able to spread my DCL addiction to YOU!! Really! That first TR from our first cruise on DCL and as a family- that is probably my favorite cruise of all. This Fantasy cruise over NYE was incredible- absolutely perfect in soooo many ways, but that first time? That was where the addiction monkey was born- just something so special about your first Disney cruise....right?

Thanks so much for telling me, and thanks for remembering my TR from 2008!!!! xo

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Holy motherlode of updates. Way to kick it off!

I like to make a BIG splash.....

42 points for one night, OUCH, I feel your pain!

Ya know, I just looked the other way.....

Love that you ditched the gang and hightailed it straight to MK, but yeah the next day with teens, and a move 11am sounds about right. I love the updated bakery!!! You got some gorgeous pics of the castle my friend. I've never tried those nuggets either, someday. Maybe. Still can't believe we JUST missed each other!!
Thanks! I took those pictures with my P&S water camera- no idea how they came out so well!

And try the nuggets. They are crunchy and sweet and savory and salty and yum.....
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #19
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Your trip reports are terrific! Can't wait to read more!

Bobbi

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:59 AM   #20
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

I'm here! Just saw the link on your Cali TR...thought it might be an update there...

I love the Christmas decorations..Disney really goes all out! 42 points for one night? That's almost half my entire contract! No wonder I only go on off seasons!

Jill in CO
Old 02-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #21
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Subbing and will catch up later
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:27 PM   #22
KristiMc
DIS Veteran

How did I miss that you started this!! I'm here now - looking forward to remembering our wonderful cruise!
Old 02-09-2014, 01:52 PM   #24
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Ooh, signing up for this one
I feel like I am your TR stalker
Great shots of the castle and wow, perfect view of the fireworks
Mmm, boardwalk bakery looks yummo, I shall be taking a stroll over there in October for sure
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:56 PM   #25
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Subbing in! Will be back to read up.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:39 PM   #26
Mysteria
MINDFREAK!
I'll release my inner felon on his butt if I get soaked by rain and bumped by pushy people
Make wishes on folded up chips

Here comes the poop tag

Location: They couldn't fit chemical and oil refinery state on the license plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
I'm here! Just saw the link on your Cali TR...thought it might be an update there...

It's all good though. Now I'm here too and can't wait to hear all about your cruise!
Old 02-09-2014, 05:58 PM   #27
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Ellen! I'm in! God, I miss WDW at Christmastime. Before the kids were too old to be pulled out of school for a week, we used to go the first week of December every year. Perfect time, because it's all decorated for Christmas, it's not crowded, it's not hot, and Mike's birthday is that week. Now, we are slaves to the school calendar. Sniff. Dying to hear what NYE on DCL is like.

And Sean got a new Dr. Seuss book I see? Sweet.
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:04 PM   #28
Beth D
DIS Veteran

I'm in! You're getting me in the cruise mood! I'm ALMOST to the single digit dance for ours! Can't wait to get out of the snow. This winter's been so rough! As it stands, DS will have to make up one week in June. They've missed 10 days since January 1.

Your pics are great as always! It looks as if you had a great Xmas, and got lots done your first night in the park!
Old 02-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #29
bbn1122
DIS Veteran

Great report...as usual!

Thank you for sharing.....dreaming of a week long Fantasy cruise.

I will have to settle for a 3 day Dream with 4 nights at Vero Beach this summer.

Can not wait to read the rest.....

Another snowy night in Jersey.....are you as sick as I am in NJ!
AKL - Aug 2011,
HHI - August 2012
OKW - August 2014
Vero Beach - August 2014
Magic - West Carib April 2010, 2 night NYC June 2012
Dream - 3 night - August 2011 3 Night Dream - August 2014
bbn1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #30
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

You caught me by surprise! Jumping on to save my space. Be back later after catching up!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: