Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2014, 12:21 AM   #736
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Hi Karin! I love how you can find something new to do and share on your 2nd leg of the B2B I didn't know the hot tub had a glass bottom! That is so I can't believe they double booked you on the same cruise. You would think the system might flag them that there was a duplicate or something
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #737
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
A nice hot tub sounds perfect right now! I do think it is neat you can see down to the ocean, but again at the same time freaky!
It IS quite neat to be able to see the ocean - on the other hand I was so afraid of "stepping" onto the glass - it felt like it was drawing me down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Oh my! You got quite the goodies in your FE!

We got GREAT gifts that trip!

The champagne tasting looks like it was a lot of fun. I can see why you would need something to eat after though. What better to eat to help metabolize that champagne than a giant burger. Looks very yummy!

The tasting was really nice! And having some nice food afterwards was awesome too.
I just was not prepared for the size of the burger.

As I saw the picture of your blue drink, I thought "wow, that is a different drink for her.

It was "different" - well, it was just not what I like to drink. Not even Tom did like it.

I am not sure how I feel about that glass bottom in the hot tub! I think it would freak me out just a tad.
Ann, on the one hand it was awesome to see the ocean, while sitting in the nice hot water - on the other hand though, stepping onto the glass made me very queezy - like it was pulling me down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle9343 View Post
we will have to make plans way in advance and pray everyone is healthy!!!
The FE gift your received are so NICE !!
The storm pictures are quite impressive and a little scary!!!
I am sure we can make it happen in 2015, Michelle!

We got some great FE gifts on that cruise, we had some REALLY crafty people in the group.

The storm looked really scary and there was lots of thunder and lightning, but funnily enough it never really caught up with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
As usual, Karin, I’m playing catch-up.

That's what I usually do on your thread.

I am totally cracking up that you two were just sitting one deck above us as we sailed away!

It's a small world after all.

Hey - we were in Royal Court (second seating) that first night too! That spinach/cheese souffle looks yummy, and the soup looks perfect. Mmmmm

We were seated across the room of you at a quiet little table for two as well.

Very cool to read about the Captain’s Reception for your fancy gold and platinum people.

Free drinks! What's not to love.

I really wanted to do the Champagne tasting, but I tend to forget all about them (and the need to sign up for them) once we board the ship. Maybe next time. It looks like so much fun!

The Champagne tasting is really nice and worth the price you pay. You really should try to fit it in on your next cruise.

Oh, I love going to Royal Court for lunch! So yummy, and I like being surrounded by all the fancy princess stuff.

Feeling a little envious of your adult-only-area time though…...
Isn't the Royal Court fun for every kind of meal? We really enjoyed our time there.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #738
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I'm with you Karin that Glass bottom Hot Tub would have scared me !!!I didn't really care for the Adult pool on the Dream, it was small and to get to the nicer part you were in way to deep water !! I did however LOVE the Adult beach at Castaway Cay!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:45 AM   #739
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

I've never been a big champagne person, but those pics make that tasting look tempting!

And I would kill for a hot tub right now, since I've been doing nothing but shoveling snow here for weeks.
Old 02-08-2014, 11:55 AM   #740
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post

Ann, on the one hand it was awesome to see the ocean, while sitting in the nice hot water - on the other hand though, stepping onto the glass made me very queezy - like it was pulling me down.

Isn't the Royal Court fun for every kind of meal? We really enjoyed our time there.

Oh my! the "pulling me down" I think I would never be able to handle that feeling.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #741
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1275 View Post
Hi Karin I've been following along your awesome TR but haven't posted yet. Just wanted to say thanks for all the pics and time you've put into this awesome report! Makes my long wait until cruising next April a bit more bearable! Would love to do a btb someday. We had one booked on the Dream but we love the Caribbean itinerary to much so we switched back to the Fantasy. We went last June and had Captain Tom so we definitely know about the no whistle thing just didn't know what his reasoning was. On top of the rain as we were leaving Port Canaveral not hearing the horn just totally set the cruise off to a sour start but we didn't let that ruin our week I hope he's gone by next April or learns how to play the horns We had a medical emergency and woke up to Nassau instead of Castaway Cay and as we were leaving Royal Caribbean sounded a goodbye to us and so did the Dream. We thought for sure he'd sound off a response to the Dream at least. We just thought that was pretty rude. Hope you have a great time on your cruise coming up. We really want to move to Florida just to be closer to cruising

It's always great to get to know your readers!

So you are cruising in April? What ship? We will be on the Magic March 29 next year.
Back to backs are just awesome. We loved all we have done so far. Not only do you get to stay on, but you get to really get to know the CMs on board. So fun.
So you have travelled with Captain Tom too. He really isn't into the Mickey whistles and we all love them so much.
We will have Captain Gus on our 4 night Bahamian next week and I am so happy, he LOVES to use those whistles!
Wow! You have been on the cruise that had to go to Nassau and was there the same time as the Dream - cool. Not so cool for the sick person though. What an opportunity for a horn battle.

Join in whenever you feel like it - I love feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
French toast and pineapple stack! Wow, sounds delicious!

You really need to try this - it is VERY yummy!

Love the 'drink up me hearties yo ho' shot glasses and small shots to accompany them. Great idea!

We brought the shot glasses home, the little bottles ..... well, let's say we didn't bring them home, but they were put to good use.

I'm not too familiar with Champagnes, other than I enjoy drinking it when i get a chance How interesting to drink that particular champagne with ice.

If you get to cruise again, DO sign up for the champagne tasting. It is really nice and that Moet Ice is just awesome!

Did you say the hot tub has glass bottom? Like the entire hot tub?! That would be a little freaky
Yes, the hot tub has a glass bottom. There is a rim around it, but most of it is glass. It took a bit to get used to it, especially since I had a feeling of it pulling me down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi Karin! I love how you can find something new to do and share on your 2nd leg of the B2B I didn't know the hot tub had a glass bottom! That is so I can't believe they double booked you on the same cruise. You would think the system might flag them that there was a duplicate or something
Tammie, we have been on the Wonder, Dream and Fantasy for quite a few days and we never managed to do and see everything we wanted to do. So it's easy to discover something new.
It was really annoying to find out that after I had told her that I already had a booking for that specific cruise, she booked us on the same one again.
I really would have thought that the system would have prevented it, but NO, we were sold another room on the same cruise. It was good I caught it early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I'm with you Karin that Glass bottom Hot Tub would have scared me !!!I didn't really care for the Adult pool on the Dream, it was small and to get to the nicer part you were in way to deep water !! I did however LOVE the Adult beach at Castaway Cay!!!
The glass bottom hot tub does take some getting used to, it is a bit scary at first.
We really enjoy the adult pool, but then we go there when most of the other people are either at dinner or at the show. So we have it to ourselves, what we love.
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....

Old 02-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #742
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
I've never been a big champagne person, but those pics make that tasting look tempting!

And I would kill for a hot tub right now, since I've been doing nothing but shoveling snow here for weeks.
I have to admit that I do like Champagne. What I really like about those tastings is, that you get enough to really enjoy the taste without having to "finish" a whole glass of something.
As I mentioned before, I loved the Moet Ice and had it a few times.

You really were dumped with snow this year, I don't blame you for wanting to be in the hot tub.
Hope it gets better for you real soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Oh my! the "pulling me down" I think I would never be able to handle that feeling.
It took a while to get used to ....... and I live on the 7th (well, your 8th) floor!

Old 02-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #743
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

As it always seems to be the case, life gets in the way of me posting. I have been reading along, just not posting. I looked at the picture of the hot tub and . I'm so afraid of heights and being able to see all the way down like that would make me want to puke.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 01:48 PM   #744
disney67
DIS Veteran

Hi Karin and Tom
I have been stalking for a while we will catch up after your Magical Journey just wanted to stop in and say hope the both of you a
Bon Yoyage
and tell Mickey i said Hi

[IMG][/IMG]
disney67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #745
kelly1275
Earning My Ears

[QUOTE=dizneeat;50672713]
It's always great to get to know your readers!

So you are cruising in April? What ship? We will be on the Magic March 29 next year.
Back to backs are just awesome. We loved all we have done so far. Not only do you get to stay on, but you get to really get to know the CMs on board. So fun.
So you have travelled with Captain Tom too. He really isn't into the Mickey whistles and we all love them so much.
We will have Captain Gus on our 4 night Bahamian next week and I am so happy, he LOVES to use those whistles!
Wow! You have been on the cruise that had to go to Nassau and was there the same time as the Dream - cool. Not so cool for the sick person though. What an opportunity for a horn battle.

Join in whenever you feel like it - I love feedback!

We are on the Fantasy April 25 next year. I really want to go on the Magic since my son will be 10 when we go so there's not much time for him to try out the Avengers on the Magic. On our first cruise on the Dream we got to pass the Magic in the open waters at sunset which was awesome as it was an epic horn battle How do you find out which Captain is on which ship at the time you go? I've been trying to find out. We love the Dream, hope your having an awesome time which i'm sure you are. Can't wait to hear about it
Old 02-25-2014, 10:09 PM   #747
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

scottny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:20 AM   #748
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

You are back now and I am waiting for another great TR!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:49 PM   #749
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Welcome back Karin
It was our on-line check in for our cruise today and I promised mysel I would only book Palo brunch but ended up booking Remy brunch as well !
Should I do both?
We loved the Remy dinner but don't want to feel super stuffed on our sea day - are the portion sizes manageable?
Eek, what to do!
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:10 PM   #750
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Welcome back Karin
It was our on-line check in for our cruise today and I promised mysel I would only book Palo brunch but ended up booking Remy brunch as well !
Should I do both?
We loved the Remy dinner but don't want to feel super stuffed on our sea day - are the portion sizes manageable?
Eek, what to do!
I'm not Karin but I love Remy brunch. I didn't feel stuffed...I thought the portion sizes were quit lovely! Do the champagne pairing...its yummy!

Jill in CO

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: