Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2014, 06:38 PM   #61
CM Dad
Mouseketeer

When we went on the Dream New Years Eve cruise, my wife wanted to do this excursion. When we had decided on it, it was sold out. I contacted Graycliff, and they do offer this outside of the Disney ones. My wife prefers to go on the Disney offered excursions, in case there are any problems, so we did not opt to go on our own. Eventually someone must have cancelled, and we were able to book through DCL. Anyway, here is a a copy of the info I got from Graycliff. Not sure it is exactly the same as the Disney one, since this says duration 1 hour, but the price is a little less.

Graycliff Chocolatier – The Art of Chocolate Making and Factory Tour
Minimum: 6
Maximum: 24
Cost:
$49.95 per person (11 years +)
Hours:
Duration:
Available Monday to Saturday at 11:15am and 2:15pm
1 hour
Enter the world of chocolate for a fully-interactive experience from roasting beans to creating
scrumptious confections.
The Graycliff Chocolatier begins the journey with the surprising history of chocolate and its new
Bahamas home, trace the provenance of regional cocoa beans, and learn the importance of
promoting fair trade and organic farming.
Exploring the factory, see how cocoa beans become scrumptious candy and get hands-on as
these gems are roasted and ground into cocoa powder, mixed into liquid chocolate then poured
into sculpted moulds. Graycliff’s Chocolatier demonstrates techniques for dipping, glazing and
using moulds to craft bars, bits, bonbons, truffles, barks and cocktail pops.
Become an artist creating unique chocolate masterpieces with the finest Graycliff chocolate
paired with the freshest Bahamian mango, lime, sea grapes and genips; as well as the most
savoury and unlikely: sweet tomato, basil and bacon. Then taste the finest chocolate from white
and milk to the richest levels of dark.
All creations are packaged in a Graycliff Chocolatier box and presented with a Certificate of
Completion as a souvenir.
CM Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:07 PM   #62
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

If our boxes had been that nice tan color we would have kept more than one! Ours were green and icky to our eyes.

We adored Kiki.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2014, 07:16 PM   #63
Dizzyworld
DIS Veteran

Location: Towson, MD---930 miles too far from my happy place!

We loved Kiki. We had a lot of fun, and the chocolate was good too.
Poly - 1/85, 6/02, 8/07, 8/08, 10/09 (Food & Wine Festival & MNSSHP), 8/10 ~~~ BC - 8/00, 7/09 ~~~ YC - 8/03 ~~~ WL - 12/02, 1/15 ~~~ AKL - 8/04, 12/04 ~~~ Contemporary - 8/08 ~~~ Swan - 12/05, 8/06 ~~~ POFQ - 8/07 ~~~~ Dolphin 12/13 ~~~ Off-Site - 3/89

DCL Magic - 8/01 (Eastern), 8/04 (Eastern), 8/06 (Western- Double Dip), 7/09 (Eastern - Tortola)
DCL Wonder - 6/02, 8/07, 8/08 (Double Dip)

DCL Dream - B2B - 7/11 & 8/11, 3/13, 12/13
DCL Fantasy - 6/12 (Western)
1/15 (Eastern)
Dizzyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:04 AM   #64
DISdiningFan83
Earning My Ears

So glad to read all the positive reviews. I was a little bummed about Nassau "as in I didn't want to go to Atlantis", but a chocolatier excursion sounded awesome. Im really looking forward to booking this for my cruise on the Dream in September.

DISdiningFan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #65
sweetlovin'
DIS Veteran

I'm booked this coming Monday. I will report back as well. 3 kids, 11, 13, and 9
sweetlovin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #66
meg8182000
Mouseketeer

I'll be sailing on the Wonder in September and Nassau will be our last stop on our last day. This tour sounds great and something different so definitely thinking it might be a great option for my mom and I.

Just curious, does anyone know if we'd have any problems getting any leftover chocolate through customs? Just not sure as the chocolate is fresh and isn't wrapped propperly.

Thanks,

meg

meg8182000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #67
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg8182000 View Post
I'll be sailing on the Wonder in September and Nassau will be our last stop on our last day. This tour sounds great and something different so definitely thinking it might be a great option for my mom and I.

Just curious, does anyone know if we'd have any problems getting any leftover chocolate through customs? Just not sure as the chocolate is fresh and isn't wrapped propperly.

Thanks,

meg
We had no problems getting our chocolate through customs. I just put it on the bottom of my tote bag and carried it off the ship.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #68
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks,

meg
It is NOT a problem. Customs doesn't care about chocolate. They are looking for booze, fruit, meat, etc.

Just remember to eat the chocolate covered pineapple QUICKLY. The acids in the fruit start eating through the chocolate quickly, and you can end up with a very soggy mess if you leave it too long.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:25 PM   #69
lpk29
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlovin' View Post
I'm booked this coming Monday. I will report back as well. 3 kids, 11, 13, and 9
How was this excursion
lpk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:20 PM   #70
mkmommy
DIS Veteran

We're did this tour a couple of weeks ago.

It was fun, but we were not given the option if we wanted milk chocolate, which would have been nice as my kids are not really dark chocolate fans.

We did give the chocolate bars we made to our serving staff and they were thrilled.

mkmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #71
ejw
Mouseketeer

we did this excursion last week. KiKi was great as our tour guide. we worked with dark chocolate and it was quite good. we made a chocolate bar, chocolate truffle, chocolate covered marshmellow and then free styled all the extra chocolate. in addition to the chocolate, you work with coconut, almonds, cranberries and peanuts, if I remember correctly. KiKi quizzed us at the end of the tour and the prizes were.......more chocolate. so pay attention to the tour in the beginning. We would definitely recommend this excursion.

ellen

ejw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:51 PM   #72
LilacBarries
Mouseketeer

What time did the excursion leave? Does anyone know if it's always the same time?
Old 04-25-2014, 04:41 PM   #73
ejw
Mouseketeer

our excursion started at 11am

ellen

ejw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:25 PM   #74
Liskaloo
Earning My Ears

Talking Chocolate and Nassau?

Hi there, for those of you who did this excursion? Did you go into Nassau and look around before or did you stay on the ship until it was time to meet for the excursion? Is there even an option (it's our first cruise). Also, on the drive to the Graycliff, did the driver go through the shopping area? Did the route to Graycliff show you a bit of Nassau? Thanks!

Last edited by Liskaloo; 07-22-2014 at 08:29 PM. Reason: fixed a typo, oops.
Liskaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:13 PM   #75
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks,

meg
What is this "leftover chocolate" you speak of?! LOL!

A question for those that have been... any problem finding a paper dress for a pooh-sized person? DH is at least a 3xl, and I'm not far behind him and fear that we may not be able to participate... thanks in advance!
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14DCL Magic May '14 DCL Dream August '14 DCL Fantasy Jan '15
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: