Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2014, 04:38 PM   #31
LILRERE
Mouseketeer

So sad We intentionally planned our trip for the 22nd so we could see a rocket launch before our cruise on the 23rd. We got our tickets for the KSC for that day! I even looked yesterday and they had added the launch on the 20th but still had the 22nd on the schedule just did not have a time Now on NASA's site there are no American launches on the schedule maybe they will put the launch on the 22nd back on the schedule!
Serenade of the Seas 2007
Independence of the Seas 2009
Majesty of the Seas 2011
Disney Dream Feb 2014

Disney Vacation 2005
Disney Vacation 2011
Mini Disney Vacation 2012
LILRERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #32
Sailorgirl32489
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILRERE View Post
Now on NASA's site there are no American launches on the schedule maybe they will put the launch on the 22nd back on the schedule!
That website is notorious for not getting updated quickly... use this one instead: http://spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

That website updates ASAP after changes are made. The launch originally scheduled on the 22nd was SpaceX and there's no chance it will be moved back to the 22nd, sorry The "new" launch on the night of the 20th with an airforce payload actually had its launch window extended since SpaceX told the Eastern Range they weren't going to launch on the 22nd. If I count correctly, this is the 7th time SpaceX has delayed this particular launch... (Delayed from April 6, Sept. 30, Nov. 11, Dec. 9, Jan. 15, Feb. 11 and Feb. 22.)

Not sure when you arrive into the PC area, but if you are here the night of the 20th you will have an excellent view from anywhere near the Port. The beach at jetty park is a good viewing spot. Others also pull off the road along SR 528 as well as the road that goes to the DCL terminal. Just please be careful if you do this, the traffic gets heavy sometimes and I've seen kids a little too close to the road for my comfort as I drove by.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2014, 06:37 PM   #33
LILRERE
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorgirl32489 View Post
That website is notorious for not getting updated quickly... use this one instead: http://spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

That website updates ASAP after changes are made. The launch originally scheduled on the 22nd was SpaceX and there's no chance it will be moved back to the 22nd, sorry The "new" launch on the night of the 20th with an airforce payload actually had its launch window extended since SpaceX told the Eastern Range they weren't going to launch on the 22nd. If I count correctly, this is the 7th time SpaceX has delayed this particular launch... (Delayed from April 6, Sept. 30, Nov. 11, Dec. 9, Jan. 15, Feb. 11 and Feb. 22.)

Not sure when you arrive into the PC area, but if you are here the night of the 20th you will have an excellent view from anywhere near the Port. The beach at jetty park is a good viewing spot. Others also pull off the road along SR 528 as well as the road that goes to the DCL terminal. Just please be careful if you do this, the traffic gets heavy sometimes and I've seen kids a little too close to the road for my comfort as I drove by.
We don't drive in until the 22nd. We are stopping in Jacksonville on the 21st. Hoping for a early launch on March 1st we are leaving that day!
Serenade of the Seas 2007
Independence of the Seas 2009
Majesty of the Seas 2011
Disney Dream Feb 2014

Disney Vacation 2005
Disney Vacation 2011
Mini Disney Vacation 2012
LILRERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:17 PM   #34
ytsyts
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorgirl32489 View Post

Thanks! Very useful information. I can still make it for the 20th Feb launch, just not onboard the ship though.
Mexican Riviera on Wonder, Nov 2012
Caribbean on Fantasy, Feb 2014
Caribbean on Fantasy, Mar 2014

ytsyts is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: