Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2014, 07:45 AM   #16
MinnesotaMouseketeers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by officereg View Post
If they did I would fake an illness in a heartbeat.
I was thinking the exact same thing!
Disneyland 1975, Off site/Big Red Boat 1987, Port Orleans/Wonder 1999, Off site 2000, Poly/Wonder 2004, CBR/Eastern Magic 2007, WL 2009, GF/Wonder Panama Canal 2011, POR 2012, AKL/Dream 2013, All Star Music/Fantasy Eastern 2014, Off-site 2015, Numerous ports of call to other countries
More fun stops: CA-LA, San Diego, San Fran. & wine country, NM-twice (all over), AZ-twice including Grand Canyon, CO-all over, SD-Black Hills & Badlands, MI-UP, Isle Royale & Mount Pleasent, TX-S. Padre Island twice and San Antonio, WI-All over including Apostale Islands, IA-Quad City area, WY-Devils Tower, AK-Kantishna Roadhouse at Denali NP, Anchorage, Seward, MT-Glacier NP, Ireland 2012, BWCA six trips - 2013 last one
MinnesotaMouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:45 PM   #17
ScubaMama
Earning My Ears

Talking

We're home and the cruise was so much fun! I don't know why we had never done it before. As for my little one, it was thankfully not a virus that invaded after he got over his cold. It was just teething. By 10 pm that first night of the cruise (Friday), the pain subsided, he stopped trying to gnaw on everything and started nursing instead. His congestion also cleared up enough that night that his slight wheezing was gone. Baby was able to join me for the Saturday and Sunday shows and he was enthralled.

The $1,000+ cost for an IV is frightful since we have a high - deductible insurance plan.
After seeing Castaway Cay, I wouldn't mind being stranded either!
ScubaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #18
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaMama View Post
We're home and the cruise was so much fun! I don't know why we had never done it before. As for my little one, it was thankfully not a virus that invaded after he got over his cold. It was just teething. By 10 pm that first night of the cruise (Friday), the pain subsided, he stopped trying to gnaw on everything and started nursing instead. His congestion also cleared up enough that night that his slight wheezing was gone. Baby was able to join me for the Saturday and Sunday shows and he was enthralled.

The $1,000+ cost for an IV is frightful since we have a high - deductible insurance plan.
After seeing Castaway Cay, I wouldn't mind being stranded either!
Wonderful!!! I'm so glad that everything turned out OK and you had a great cruise!
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #19
Disney Cruiser
Earning My Ears

FYI: generally speaking, your high deductible health insurance plan would NOT cover anything medically on the ship. It would be considered "foreign/overseas" and would not be covered. All the more reason why trip insurance is such a good deal, especially with kids!! (I've learned this from personal experience... by the way! Glad it all worked out!
Disney Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #20
ScubaMama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Cruiser View Post
FYI: generally speaking, your high deductible health insurance plan would NOT cover anything medically on the ship. It would be considered "foreign/overseas" and would not be covered. All the more reason why trip insurance is such a good deal, especially with kids!! (I've learned this from personal experience... by the way! Glad it all worked out!
Thanks for looking out for me. I also have a toddler and it's the first time we've left the country with them. I had also come to the conclusion during the trip that it's not worth the risk of traveling without insurance when kids can get sick so easily. Our insurance would've covered medical costs at sea or at the Bahamas (our only port) though. I checked. It's a good plan from a large national employer. It's just that the deductible for a family is $3,200. (Luckily premiums are low and the max out - of - pocket is $6,500.)
ScubaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:09 PM   #21
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Cruiser View Post
Don't assume this. I have Blue Cross Personal Choice and I'm friends with a senior VP at BC and he says it does cover outside the US but at "out of network" rate. It's complicated but eventually gets resolved.

That said, I still get trip insurance. Mostly for the cancellation coverage but also in case any of us need to be airlifted. My TA says it can cost up to $60,000 and can bankrupt a family w/o insurance. It's not worth taking a chance.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:12 PM   #22
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Swampers View Post
I have sandandsunopenia! I need to be left behind at Castaway Cay!

I have this too. I really NEED a day or more at CC. For medical purposes of course.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: