Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
mama2mickeyfans
Mouseketeer

Friends joining us, very excited!

Just had to share my excitement! We are booked on our second cruise in Feb 2015, fantasy EC. I talked our friends into joining us! Their kids are just less than 1 yr older than ours (ours will be 5 and 2 when we sail) so I think it will be that much more fun for everyone! The more the merrier, right!
I'm hoping this helps get DH more excited. He enjoyed the cruise last Nov but did not want to go again until the kids were older. Travelling with young kids is all about appropriate expectations! I said we are not passing up the obb discount, darn it! Lol!
Anyone else travel with other families often? Hopefully with so much onboard to do, they won't get sick of us lol!
mama2mickeyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:05 PM   #2
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

That's awesome! We've traveled with friends on almost all our Disney cruises and have loved it. So much so that it's sad to cruise without them. We eat dinner together and sometimes to excursions together, but each family pretty much does their own thing, and when plans happen to overlap it's all the better.
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2014, 11:33 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2mickeyfans View Post
Just had to share my excitement! We are booked on our second cruise in Feb 2015, fantasy EC. I talked our friends into joining us! Their kids are just less than 1 yr older than ours (ours will be 5 and 2 when we sail) so I think it will be that much more fun for everyone! The more the merrier, right!
I'm hoping this helps get DH more excited. He enjoyed the cruise last Nov but did not want to go again until the kids were older. Travelling with young kids is all about appropriate expectations! I said we are not passing up the obb discount, darn it! Lol!
Anyone else travel with other families often? Hopefully with so much onboard to do, they won't get sick of us lol!
Hopefully, the 2 year old won't mind that everyone else (the kids) gets to go to Oceaneer's Club (ages 3-12).

But I agree that traveling with friends is great!

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:49 AM   #4
mama2mickeyfans
Mouseketeer

Yes I know she will be 2.5 months shy of three. Oh well. A lot could change in a year, but last time she wanted nothing to do with the nursery, so she may not be interested in the clubs either. Go figure, as a daycare kid I thought she'd be fine. Ha!

So, we are setting expectations accordingly. We are fortunate that Grandma is coming so we do have help. There are always the club open house hours!
mama2mickeyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #5
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

We have always traveled with our neighbors. Each year, we seem to get more sailing with us. This upcoming cruise we have 11 total going in our group. Make sure you link you reservations so you can dine together.

We often do things together, but we can still go off and do our family things together. The guys often do the drink tastings together. The adults all try to get to Palo together for brunch.

Sailing with friends is a great way to enjoy DCL.
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:28 AM   #6
CamColt
Only thinks she’s not losing it
Mom gone wild!
I really feel like I have a good grip on things now
B1 BINGO!

We are taking our neighbors with us on a cruise in 2 weeks. We each have 17 and 14 yo boys. We have gone to WDW once together, over 10 years ago and it went well...well enough that we are traveling together again.

I'm really looking forward to this because they have never cruised and their kids haven't even been on a plane. After 12 Disney cruises, I cant wait to see it all through the eyes of newbies.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #7
sarabguerra
Mouseketeer

Yeah for you! We're working our friends really hard to get them on our cruise too. I hope I can get them on board with the idea.
DH in DL May 2009 and May 2013 for DECA Internationals
WDW Christmas 2013 TR- A Very Merry Christmas Surprise-Our First Ever Family Vacation

Upcoming Wonder April 22, 2015
sarabguerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #8
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2mickeyfans View Post
How exciting!! I'm sure you'll have a great time. We will be cruising with friends of ours in December and we didn't even plan it that way....LOL. One day I was talking to my friend (who is also our neighbor) and in the course of the conversation, it came out that we both booked the same cruise. We were both booked for this past December (different dates) and due to unavoidable circumstances, we both had to reschedule (although neither of us knew the other one even cancelled/rescheduled). So needless to say we're both very excited to be cruising together. They are also planning WDW stays before and after, so it will be great to be at Disney together too.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:37 AM   #9
Happy100
DIS Veteran

We are coming up on our 5th cruise and our friends joining us will be on their 1st. We are so excited to have them come along. Our sons are the same age and are great friends.

We have sailed most of our cruises with out friends/family and have enjoyed them all. We are more inclined to make an effort to meet people when we are on our own. But we know this cruise will be even better if that is possible because we are cruising together.

Disney Fantasy 1/3/15 "Finally Gold"
Disney Fantasy 3/29/14
Disney Fantasy 12/15/12
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 2/12/12
Disney Magic 7 day Western 10/16/10
Disney Wonder 4 day Bahamas 8/22/09
Happy100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: