Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 11:19 AM   #16
ksucats
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammie12 View Post
Thanks for that advice! :-) But actually it's not a tax refund I'm waiting on. My husband is part owner of a company and he gets a sum of money in proportion to their profits to cover the tax on their profits and it's always greater than the tax amount itself. Does that make sense? But he won't get it until the company files which will be April 15th.
That makes sense. Good deal.

It drives me nuts on how many people rely on their tax refund for something when there is no need to get a large refund. You can have that money much earlier as it is your money. I am glad that this isn't the situation here.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:25 AM   #17
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
First, thanks for all the replies! My DH is totally against credit cards so that's out of the question :-( But I am totally confused about booking now in a lower category then retaining those rates when I actually book what I want? Bear with me...I'm a grandmother...it takes me longer to figure things out! Haha! Here's what I actually want to book: April 25, 2015, three cat 4A rooms together, total of 6A & 5C. Right now it's showing the fare is $16, 041.95 with a deposit of $3022.60. So what are y'all saying to book, do, and how much are we looking at?
Keep in mind here in New England that's over our spring break.. Flights and cruises tend to fill fast..

Last edited by Lorilais_mommie; 01-31-2014 at 11:45 AM.
Lorilais_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2014, 11:42 AM   #18
Lorilais_mommie

Quote:
Thanks for that advice! :-) But actually it's not a tax refund I'm waiting on. My husband is part owner of a company and he gets a sum of money in proportion to their profits to cover the tax on their profits and it's always greater than the tax amount itself. Does that make sense? But he won't get it until the company files which will be April 15th.
This is our same set set up on taxes.. My DH shares and company with his brothers and we are waiting for the check..

I also advise looking into the Disney Visa card.

I know you feelings about CC.. We were the same way until, I realized how silly we were being.
We were going to travel with my sisters family and my mother..I had just had a baby and needed three room all next to each other..
I opened the card and this was the only thing I put on it.. In April, I bumped up our rooms (sis had to take a room across the hall) and paid it in full!

Disney visa rewards card is a BIG MONEY SAVER for us.. We can book early and save a ton of money and get the 0% 6mo. No interest.
If for some reason we we have to cancel, Disney will refund in full! As long as you are 91 days or more out from your cruise
So there is no risk of having an unpaid balance on that Disney Visa card.

Now on top of that
You're get a $50 of board credit, when paying with that card..
Also 10% off $50 or more purchases at the gift shops..
Also would will get Disney dream $$ you can use on the boat to!

Old 01-31-2014, 11:46 AM   #19
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
... Now on top of that
You're get a $50 of board credit, when paying with that card..
Also 10% off $50 or more purchases at the gift shops.. Also would will get Disney dream $$ you can use on the boat to!
I don't believe there's any Disney Visa discount at the DCL gift shops. Yes, at some WDW or DLR gift shops and the Disney Store. But unless it has changed recently this did not extend to the gift shops onboard DCL.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:01 PM   #20
letsgoreds
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanejudy View Post
Todays' rate is different for each category. But if you book an 11C now, you can change to a 4A (or whatever you wish) in April or May and get what the 4A is listed at today. So you'll have to pay more than the "original" fare of the 11C booked, but it probably won't be at high as what the 4A costs in May. There is possibility the desired category will not be available in May, but there should be something acceptable and it gets you today's lower rates.

This is different than booking a dummy cruise. Fares are specific to each cruise date -- so if you change DATES, you would change fares to what they are on the date you make the change.

Good luck!
So the reason for booking a dummy cruise would be to lock-in a particular discount, like a 10% booking on board discount? Any other reasons to book a dummy cruise?
letsgoreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:30 PM   #21
Lorilais_mommie

Quote:
I don't believe there's any Disney Visa discount at the DCL gift shops. Yes, at some WDW or DLR gift shops and the Disney Store. But unless it has changed recently this did not extend to the gift shops onboard DCL.
They gave it to me, on our cruise in late 2012.. But things may have changed since then..

Old 01-31-2014, 12:33 PM   #22
grammie12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Fares are specific to each cruise date -- so if you change DATES, you would change fares to what they are on the date you make the change. Good luck!
Oh!!!! Thanks for explaining that!! Okay...I think it's all beginning to make sense to me now!! Haha!! :-)
grammie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:39 PM   #23
grammie12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Keep in mind here in New England that's over our spring break.. Flights and cruises tend to fill fast..
Oh, yikes! I had no idea anyone's spring break would be that late! I'm trying to go for the least crowded time! ;-) Maybe the first week of May would be better. Not sure if I can get my DD to take my DGD's out of school in May, though!
grammie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:08 PM   #24
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammie12

Oh, yikes! I had no idea anyone's spring break would be that late! I'm trying to go for the least crowded time! ;-) Maybe the first week of May would be better. Not sure if I can get my DD to take my DGD's out of school in May, though!
Yes, many New England schools have a week off in April, ours is the 3rd week, but I think some are the 2nd week. And many other areas tie spring break to Easter.
Least crowded is likely to be in the fall or January/early February.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:27 PM   #25
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
They gave it to me, on our cruise in late 2012.. But things may have changed since then..
It hasn't been offered on any of our cruises, but since you use your KTTW card to pay for everything how would they know if you had a Disney Visa. They certainly didn't advertise it in the shops. We did get the discount for being gold cc members.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #26
3PiratesAndAPrincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
It hasn't been offered on any of our cruises, but since you use your KTTW card to pay for everything how would they know if you had a Disney Visa. They certainly didn't advertise it in the shops. We did get the discount for being gold cc members.
What discount do you get for being gold CC? We are now gold, but didn't know it gave you any discounts on anything.
3PiratesAndAPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #27
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PiratesAndAPrincess View Post
What discount do you get for being gold CC? We are now gold, but didn't know it gave you any discounts on anything.
I believe it's currently a 10% discount on most items in the shops. You should receive a letter in your stateroom outlining this.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: