Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2014, 11:51 AM   #256
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
I was going to do an update but Photobucket is not working

So, I will share a story that I just recently remembered. I think it was on one of the first 2 At Sea Days, I ran into Nancy&Chuck and Mike&Robin at Flo's. We ended up in the Cove Cafe, visiting for a little bit. That's when I asked them if anyone wanted to join me for a presentation in the Buena Vista Theatre.

The Navigator said it was something about animation and Walt's Legacy..blah blah blah...something or other. Sounded right up my alley, so they all decided to join me.

Well...the description of the presentation was rather misleading

It was about the Walt Disney Animation Archives and had nothing to do with Walt himself!

The lady who was doing it was very nice but obviously doesn't do a lot of public speaking as she was very nervous, quiet and rather dry.

I think a lot of what she said seemed to be "inside jokes" or stories and unless you were REALLY into animation or worked at the archives, you wouldn't get half of what she was saying.

I think at one point, we all closed our eyes and some of us even napped

I think we all wanted to leave but didn't want to make a scene or make the lady feel bad so we all stuck around for more than an hour

We also got the giggles, at least Nancy, Robin and I did which made things even worse!

I think the next time I go to one of these, I will sit at the very back row so that I can sneak out if I have to

I felt SO bad for making them join me! Once we all left the theatre, I think it was Nancy who said "Whose dumb idea was this, anyway?" I RAN to the elevators before they could lynch me

I just checked PB again and they are down for maintenance. Sorry, no update right now then
OMG....I forgot ALL about that!

It really was very funny though. I'm sure it was Chuck who fell asleep, right? I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Gosh, I can't even remember if he came with us either.

Any, you know I was just messin' with ya about that, right? I had to give it to you a little anyway. Hee hee.
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:15 PM   #257
cntkg1
Runs with Scissors!!
shakes dollar bills for good luck

I'm also loving Rob's jammie pants! What a good sport he is.

I think St M day was the hottest one of the entire trip. Well, except for the Saturday after we disembarked. I also heard a local complain about how hot it was. She said she was there all her life and never experienced it that hot in November.:

One time we're going to have to try the MDR for breakfast too. While we loved Cabana's, it would've been nice to switch it up a bit.

You didn't enjoy seeing Speedo Steve? At least that wasn't as bad as us having to look at Buttcrack Bill for the entire length of the parade at mnsshp. LOL!!
cntkg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2014, 01:57 PM   #258
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
Mama always knows best why our kids aren't feeling good but it was a nice beach! Okay, back to the very beginning, how much do we love love love! Rob's Mickey jammie's!!! OMG Rob you just rock around here. Not lovin that pretty much burnt toast either, I am so fussy when it comes to how lightly it needs to be done. We've only done a Western cruise, so I'm loving these pictures so far, okay now when don't I love your pics. More please!
He does ROCK

The night I met him, he was wearing a Tigger tee and a Mickey and the Gang Jean jacket, I knew he was for me

Although I think Grand Cayman is my fave port, I much prefer the Eastern Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Wow, what great pics of everything! St Maarten looks beautiful, I definitely need to do that itinerary.
Just make sure you stick to a beach or something. Most of the island is not impressive but beaches are gorgeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
Sooo adorable. She looks like she had so much fun!!!
Oh man, I think that was Kira's favourite day of the whole trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
I just finished reading your trip report and it was the best ever!! I really enjoyed reading it. Your server sounds so rude! I probably wouldn't have been able to hold back and would've said something to him!! You have a beautiful family and hope to read more reports. Thanks!!
Awwww thanks I really appreciate you reading it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Isn't the back of the Epic ugly? We had it in port with us in 2011 and I was just amazed at how boxy it is. I took pictures but those were on the SD card i lost in no mans land somewhere.

Your beach day looks fanastic! I would love to get there some day. Claire is all about beaches too. I am not very beachy, but if I can cool off in the water here and there I am good. You got some amazing pictures!
We have issues with pictures too. They will be sad in 20 years when they look back and see them.

Of course we have this picture from 2008. We laugh so hard everytime we see it now.
Breakfast looks delicious. Must be getting close to lunch time as my tummy is rumbling.
I think every large ship but Disney's are ugly! The first time I saw the Grand Princess on our very first cruise in 2002 was the morning we docked at St Maarten and I said "Ewwwww, it looks like a milk carton with a spoiler"

That is the BEST pic ever LOVE it!!!!

Kira did pretty well considering how many pics I took

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Great pictures of your RC breakfast and St. Maarten. Kira looks VERY happy playing in the ocean.
Your pics brought back a lot of happy memories. We were there just last summer and we cannot wait to go back.
Thanks for sharing.
Oh my, she was on that morning! Up until about 15 minutes before we left

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
OMG....I forgot ALL about that!
It really was very funny though. I'm sure it was Chuck who fell asleep, right? I'd be surprised if it wasn't. Gosh, I can't even remember if he came with us either.

Any, you know I was just messin' with ya about that, right? I had to give it to you a little anyway. Hee hee. :
LOL, I totally deserved a lynching for that

I think both Chuck and Mike might have had a little snooze Oh wait! I don't think Mike made it...or did he???? Stupid memory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
I'm also loving Rob's jammie pants! What a good sport he is.

I think St M day was the hottest one of the entire trip. Well, except for the Saturday after we disembarked. I also heard a local complain about how hot it was. She said she was there all her life and never experienced it that hot in November.:

One time we're going to have to try the MDR for breakfast too. While we loved Cabana's, it would've been nice to switch it up a bit.

You didn't enjoy seeing Speedo Steve? At least that wasn't as bad as us having to look at Buttcrack Bill for the entire length of the parade at mnsshp. LOL!! :
I think 90% of Rob's purchases this trip was Disney jammie pants and boxers

OMG, it was hot, wasn't it???!!!

Speedo Steve wasn't so bad, it was all the times I was approached to have my hair braided, foot rubs, buy necklaces, cold water and dresses that was getting to me!

Last edited by Timon; 02-08-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:23 PM   #259
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 11 - Part 4 - Arrrrgh, matey!

It was now time for Kira's appointment at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, which is actually transformed into The Pirate's League since it was Pirate Night!

The first thing they do is ask the kids to roll the dice to get their pirate name...

Sorry, I can't remember what she got and her pirate certificate is already packed.

We then went to the change room at the back to get her costume on. I had bought this pirate costume at Walmart several years back and it still fit

She was called immediately to a chair where she met Nadzeya from Belarus, who was very nice and had a great accent which I had to translate to Kira

She began her transformation...

Which she loved every single second of, of course!

Then her daddy showed up...

It was similar to BBB in the castle except for the hair. They don't do hair, instead they get a pirate bandanna. It was cute because Nadzeya asked Kira where she thinks she should put it and showed her some funny places.

Doing the pirate code

And admiring herself after the transformation...

They had a Photopass guy there and he took several pics of Kira but they never showed up in our portfolio.

While we were at BBB, Rob had gotten dressed up as a pirate himself so of course we had to get a pic of them together

This was probably the best $35 we spent the entire vacation! She got a bandanna, make-up done, nails done, face gem, eye patch, earring, pirate medallion, pirate sash, pirate sword and then she was given a little pouch to take home the rest of the face gems, her nail polish and lip gloss. Totally worth it!!!!

I think I spent $17 on that costume from Walmart, so really, a wonderfully cheap way to do Pirate Night that Kira just LOVED!!!

We went back to the room for a bit and then we went to the show, which was a Canadian magician named Shawn Farquhar. He was really good!

Rob and Kira left early though to get in line to meet Jack Sparrow so they missed his last trick which was the BOMB!!! He played Sting's "Shape of my Heart" while he did a card trick. You'd have to see it to really enjoy it but the lyrics talk about the suits in a deck of cards and he would be shuffling and moving around the cards and when the particular card would be mentioned, he would bring it up from the deck, it was SOOOO good!
Old 01-31-2014, 03:32 PM   #260
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 11 - Part 5 - Pirates in the Caribbean!

Waiting in line for Jack, Kira was goofing around

I got there just in time to take some pics!

We headed to the Atrium and spotted STITCH!!!

And then Mickey!

It was time for the kids pirate show on deck 11.

I love the little girls' face in this one...

At this point I felt like I was going to pass out! It was HOT and very crowded and I really needed to get out of there NOW! Rob and Kira stayed while I went to grab a drink and cool off in the room.

I told them I would meet up with them at dinner in Animator's Palate.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:54 PM   #261
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 11 - Part 6 - Pirate Night Dinner.

Dinner tonight was back in AP, which was AWESOME for pirate night! They showed Disney pirate themed art work on all of the screens and lit the room beautifully.

Here is a pic of our server, Okim, the only one I have.

And here is yet another appetizer that Kira did not order or eat!

Mike seemed very happy about his appetizer!

Bread service that night, with pigeon poop, as I called it

Rob got a fancy drink...

Kira got a corn dog...

Service was better tonight. Not great as we still had to wait FOREVER for refills on our drinks but it was WAY better than the other nights so I can't complain too much! Food was good, barely warm again but good.

Sorry, I am too lazy to label all the dishes

And my nightly extra potatoes

And Kira's dessert...

After dinner, we headed back to our room and found this...

We had every intention of heading up to deck 12 to watch the fireworks but Kira actually said she just wanted to get into jammies, have her milk and cookies and go to bed! Poor kiddo was exhausted from that beach time so we just hung out on the verandah and watched the reflection of the fireworks in the ocean.

*Edited to add*

I just remember that after she ate some chicken strips when we got back onboard the ship, she went to the club for about an hour. I remember because she said she had a great time because the clubs were empty! I picked her up from the club just before heading to BBB. So, if you can spare some time on a port day, it is a great time for the kids to head to the club.

Last edited by Timon; 01-31-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:07 PM   #262
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Wow, the Pirate makeover was only $35?? That's a bargain for all that! Kira looks like a great pirate, I love it!

Jill in CO
Old 01-31-2014, 04:29 PM   #263
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Love the pirate makeover!
Dinner looks great. Kira has a look on her face like "why did they bring me this appetizer?"
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:50 PM   #264
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Kira's pirate makeover was great! Bargain too!

I'm pricing up another cruise after looking at your pictures
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:18 PM   #265
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

I agree with everyone else, Rob's pants are the greatest! I would totally rock those even if they are for guys.

Kira looks SO CUTE in her little pirate outfit! I am surprised at the price too, that's a pretty good deal. Rob, Mickey, and Stitch look awesome in their costumes too. Pirate Night looks really fun!

Rob's "I have a fancy drink" face is great LOL
__disneygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:24 AM   #266
Tinker326
DIS Veteran

Can you reserve that Pirate Makeover before the cruise or only once you get on? Also, can you buy Pirate outfits there if you choose to? (Like BBB does?)

My three girls would LOVE this so much! I really want to reserve this for them!
Tinker326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:51 AM   #267
Credit Man
Love the shark reef
Needs a map to grocery shop
Went on a life-changing cruise

Enjoying your report. Kira is precious!
Credit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #268
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Wow, the Pirate makeover was only $35?? That's a bargain for all that! Kira looks like a great pirate, I love it!

Jill in CO
Yes! Great deal, huh?

Quote:
Love the pirate makeover!
Dinner looks great. Kira has a look on her face like "why did they bring me this appetizer?"
That's exactly what she was thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Kira's pirate makeover was great! Bargain too!

I'm pricing up another cruise after looking at your pictures
LOL, I seem to make a lot of people want to cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
I agree with everyone else, Rob's pants are the greatest! I would totally rock those even if they are for guys.

Kira looks SO CUTE in her little pirate outfit! I am surprised at the price too, that's a pretty good deal. Rob, Mickey, and Stitch look awesome in their costumes too. Pirate Night looks really fun!

Rob's "I have a fancy drink" face is great LOL
I bought a pair of Tigger men's pyjama pants on my honeymoon at Disneyland in 1998 and they were the BEST jammie pants EVAH!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker326 View Post
Can you reserve that Pirate Makeover before the cruise or only once you get on? Also, can you buy Pirate outfits there if you choose to? (Like BBB does?)

My three girls would LOVE this so much! I really want to reserve this for them!
Yes, you can make ressies online when your booking window opens or like me, you can go there when you board and get an appointment

And yes, they have pirate costumes in the shops and in BBB. They have packages that include the costumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credit Man View Post
Enjoying your report. Kira is precious!
Awww, thanks

---

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. I got some news the other day and it's kind of been occupying my spare time

I will do an update tomorrow for sure
Old 02-04-2014, 08:51 PM   #269
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. I got some news the other day and it's kind of been occupying my spare time

I will do an update tomorrow for sure
Do spill it!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:54 PM   #270
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Quote:
Do spill it!

Jill in CO

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: