Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2014, 12:49 PM   #241
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

I think that is the most ridiculous dining experience I have ever heard about. It sounds like Sergio is a failed stand up comedian or something, performing bits instead of doing his actual job. Nancy is very polite. I certainly would have not been able to take that! There's a place nearby that has such huge portions, I almost always order from the Kid's Menu, and I would be so annoyed if they did or said anything like that.

But I think the part that would upset me the most is that the steak took 30 MINUTES to be reheated. How is that possible???? Since it was only slightly warmer I'm guessing they heated it and then let it sit for awhile before someone came to bring it back.

At least Kira was happy, her little pillowcase is so cute! Does Pluto actually stop by for that party?
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:17 PM   #242
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

First of all, I LOVE the pic of you Kira in the pool!! You should frame that one

Sergio... what a wacko! Although I laughed at the image of Nancy wrestling him for the fork. I hope to read later that you bought yourself something nice with his tip money.
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2014, 10:01 AM   #243
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Oh Cass...I sure hope you complained about them. That is just unreal. I would like to say I would've said something right then and there, but sometimes in those kind of moments you are just too stunned and can't really believe it is real and just stay quiet. There is no excuse for the way they treated you guys.
I had too salty food at Le Cellier a few years ago. I love salt too and I could barely stand eating the food. I could tell the food was good, but it was so salty. Every bit of it.
And you know what...who cares if your personal taste is that the soup wasn't good while others liked it..(he probably put the dang salt in since it was just you 4 ) but if you don't like it...no one is going to change your mind about it. He should have offered to take it back or get you something else. And Chefs do make mistakes too.

Your dinner at Cabanas does look wonderful though. I am really trying to watch how much I eat and exercise daily to get off some of this stupid extra weight I have gained...but looking at your pictures just makes me hungry!!!

I have to laugh about Kira's new crown. Daddys can be such suckers. I know once Skip went in a store with Claire and she kept asking me for a purse and I told her no, because I knew it was just a novelty and not something she would use. Sure enough they disappeared together and she came out with the Nemo purse she so desperately needed.....and probably never used again.
Claire also has hair issues lately. She has stick straight hair and her bangs go in her eyes. I try to cut them every so many weeks so she can see...but not she says I don't cut them right (I have a license to cut hair btw) and she cries and tells me she loves them in her eyes. Good grief....the teen years are going to be fun!

I love that picture of you and Kira walking too. It's so sweet!
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:19 PM   #244
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
OMG! I'm fuming for you! Absolutely unacceptable! Please say you guys gave the HS and/or Guest Services a piece of your mind!

Jill in CO
Let's just say I needed a stapler to attach a couple of sheets to the Guest Comment card

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
I am speechless Cass. I have no idea how you held back. Just unreal "service". Are you going to compose a letter or what? Oh Sergio, I'd be nervous, very nervous :
I wrote a little novel on that comment card

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntkg1 View Post
I'm just loving all the pics, Cass. Kira sure looks like she had a lot of fun with those princesses.

I love the one of you and her in the pool the best though.

Now about Sergio. Actually, I thought it was kind of funny for a bit. I know he was horsing around but when he took the fork out of my hand and wanted to feed me, I thought he went a bit too far. I remembered hanging onto my fork for dear life. As for that final pea on the plate, you know me pretty well....why do YOU think I left it there? Hee hee.

That was Monday night, right? If so, we ran out to get decent seats for the Packer/Bears game on the jumbotron. We don't miss watching the Packer's at home for anything so we weren't about to miss it on a cruise either. But, in hindsight, we could've skipped that game since the Packers lost their quarterback and we got creamed.
Yes! The Packers game! I remember now! Glad you have a sense of humour about the whole thing now

I think you were trying to be sassy with that one last pea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovedevin View Post
Oh my goodness everyone should be glad that I was not with you nor within earshot of your table! I have a habit of as I call it "defending people" who clearly do not have a big mouth such as I do LOL. I would have went off on him and demanded him to get his superior so I could get go off on him too. WOW seriously!

Julie
Honestly, I was just so shocked and I didn't want to do/say anything that made Nancy uncomfortable, however, if it was ME he did that to, I would have gone straight to Jaime, the head server about it that night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Cass, I admire you for being able to sit through that dinner. I would have gotten up and left.

I could not believe the way the server treated you! Our slimy first time server was nowhere near as bad as he was.
As for ordering from the kids menu ..... we have often had someone ordering from the kids menu and the "worst" we got - and it was kind of cute as the person who had ordered it was barely 20 years old, was that she was served her meal on a kids plate, with a smile and a mention that she was the princess of the evening.
I really hope you complained to guest services and cut his tip. This it the moment I would really cut into his tip!

Okay, on a lighter note. I love the pillow case Kira got and the pictures of her walking with you and cuddling with daddy are priceless!
Yeah, she got it on a kids plate too! But I can understand that because it was a kids meal and dinner is all pre-plated.

The attitude though was really not appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Wow! Sergio really knew how to push your buttons! What crappy service, I'm sorry to had to experience that

It's also sad about the kids club too. I wasn't that impressed either and witnessed kids being ignored when I was on the Dream while the CMs stood around chatting.

I so glad it wasn't your first cruise or it might have really put you off trying again. At least there were some good aspects that made your cruise more enjoyable
Yes, totally, we still had a FABULOUS time!!! I know better than to let one bad apple ruin the bunch! Stuff happens and it's totally what you make of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
I think that is the most ridiculous dining experience I have ever heard about. It sounds like Sergio is a failed stand up comedian or something, performing bits instead of doing his actual job. Nancy is very polite. I certainly would have not been able to take that! There's a place nearby that has such huge portions, I almost always order from the Kid's Menu, and I would be so annoyed if they did or said anything like that.

But I think the part that would upset me the most is that the steak took 30 MINUTES to be reheated. How is that possible???? Since it was only slightly warmer I'm guessing they heated it and then let it sit for awhile before someone came to bring it back.

At least Kira was happy, her little pillowcase is so cute! Does Pluto actually stop by for that party?
Yes I agree! I felt so bad that Chuck waited for so long just to get somewhat warm food back!!

And I believe, yes, Pluto does stop by for the party

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
First of all, I LOVE the pic of you Kira in the pool!! You should frame that one

Sergio... what a wacko! Although I laughed at the image of Nancy wrestling him for the fork. I hope to read later that you bought yourself something nice with his tip money.
Any pic of me in a bathing suit is NOT suitable for framing, Char

Sadly, I did not tip less than the recommended amount. I have a hard time with not tipping well but YES in hindsight, after reliving the dining room experience, I would make a different decision today

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Oh Cass...I sure hope you complained about them. That is just unreal. I would like to say I would've said something right then and there, but sometimes in those kind of moments you are just too stunned and can't really believe it is real and just stay quiet. There is no excuse for the way they treated you guys.
I had too salty food at Le Cellier a few years ago. I love salt too and I could barely stand eating the food. I could tell the food was good, but it was so salty. Every bit of it.
And you know what...who cares if your personal taste is that the soup wasn't good while others liked it..(he probably put the dang salt in since it was just you 4 ) but if you don't like it...no one is going to change your mind about it. He should have offered to take it back or get you something else. And Chefs do make mistakes too.

Your dinner at Cabanas does look wonderful though. I am really trying to watch how much I eat and exercise daily to get off some of this stupid extra weight I have gained...but looking at your pictures just makes me hungry!!!

I have to laugh about Kira's new crown. Daddys can be such suckers. I know once Skip went in a store with Claire and she kept asking me for a purse and I told her no, because I knew it was just a novelty and not something she would use. Sure enough they disappeared together and she came out with the Nemo purse she so desperately needed.....and probably never used again.
Claire also has hair issues lately. She has stick straight hair and her bangs go in her eyes. I try to cut them every so many weeks so she can see...but not she says I don't cut them right (I have a license to cut hair btw) and she cries and tells me she loves them in her eyes. Good grief....the teen years are going to be fun!

I love that picture of you and Kira walking too. It's so sweet!
Thanks Jen Your comments always make me feel better

Too funny about Claire and her hair! Kira has started to get REALLY picky about hers now and OMG, what drama!!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 04:00 PM   #245
Timon

DIS Junkie

I was going to do an update but Photobucket is not working

So, I will share a story that I just recently remembered. I think it was on one of the first 2 At Sea Days, I ran into Nancy&Chuck and Mike&Robin at Flo's. We ended up in the Cove Cafe, visiting for a little bit. That's when I asked them if anyone wanted to join me for a presentation in the Buena Vista Theatre.

The Navigator said it was something about animation and Walt's Legacy..blah blah blah...something or other. Sounded right up my alley, so they all decided to join me.

Well...the description of the presentation was rather misleading

It was about the Walt Disney Animation Archives and had nothing to do with Walt himself!

The lady who was doing it was very nice but obviously doesn't do a lot of public speaking as she was very nervous, quiet and rather dry.

I think a lot of what she said seemed to be "inside jokes" or stories and unless you were REALLY into animation or worked at the archives, you wouldn't get half of what she was saying.

I think at one point, we all closed our eyes and some of us even napped

I think we all wanted to leave but didn't want to make a scene or make the lady feel bad so we all stuck around for more than an hour

We also got the giggles, at least Nancy, Robin and I did which made things even worse!

I think the next time I go to one of these, I will sit at the very back row so that I can sneak out if I have to

I felt SO bad for making them join me! Once we all left the theatre, I think it was Nancy who said "Whose dumb idea was this, anyway?" I RAN to the elevators before they could lynch me

I just checked PB again and they are down for maintenance. Sorry, no update right now then
Old 01-29-2014, 07:26 PM   #246
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Thats funny. I have heard some of those type of things are sometimes not as interesting as they sound.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:45 PM   #247
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 11 - Part 1 - A Royal breakfast and getting off the ship.

Today is our St. Maarten day. We have been here 3 or 4 times now. We've toured the island on our own, watched the planes come in at Maho Bay beach, walked the downtown area shops and did some beach time at Divi Little Bay on previous trips. This time I wanted something easy, close and something fun for Kira.

We settled on beach time right at Great Bay Beach, where the water taxi lets you off.

The one great thing about a verandah was being able to pop out real quick to check out the scenery!

Kira loved seeing the different views every morning, while still in jammies

And today was the first time we saw other ships up close!

The last time I was here, there was only one dock, so I was shocked to see two docks this time!

Guess who found some more gifties

Before some beach time, we thought we would check out Royal Court for a sit down breakfast.

While I enjoy the buffet for breakfasts, it was nice just to sit down and not fight the crowds.

Kira passed the time by making butter stacks

For some reason, I didn't take a pic of my breakfast...only my hard, burnt toast!

A quick pic of my girl and Minnie..

We went back to our room and lathered on a whole bottle of sunblock then headed down to deck 1.

Pic of Kira and her fave art work...

Just as I took that pic above, it started raining. Just a light spray but enough to have to put my cameras away.

Just as we were about to reach the area with the little shops, we ran into Nancy and Chuck! They were already headed back to the ship

I asked Kira for a pic of her and the ship behind us but she was not feeling it...

So Rob tried another approach

The shops at the pier...

The Visitor Center..

Our destination...

25 images already! grrrrr
Old 01-30-2014, 03:06 PM   #248
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 11 - Part 2 - Can it get any hotter???

We spent the $7 each to grab the water taxi...

Nice little ride over to the main beach/shops area.

Passed the Hard Rock, which wasn't there last time either!

We walked down to Lizzie's and we rented 2 chairs and an umbrella, with 2 drink coupons (just got Diet-Coke and Water) and Free Wifi (never used) for $20.

It was a relatively quiet area, away from the big crowds. Rob and Kira played in the water and sand for a couple of hours...

I mostly stayed under the umbrella and had some good views...

And some bad...

Every once in a while I would take a dip in the ocean to cool off.

It was HOT HOT HOT!!! It's always hot when we've been here in the past but this was just ridiculous! We heard that even the locals were complaining about the heat!

At one point, I looked over and saw a teeny spider trying to make his home in my shoe!

Kira was getting hot and tired, so she took a little break with me...

Then back to the ocean for a bit...

Not long after that, she said she wasn't feeling good. Rob was worried that she was getting sick but I knew it was just from being in this hot sun. She is not used to it, at all! We get warm summers in Calgary but nothing like this! Plus swimming in the salt water and running around! It was time to go!

It's funny how kids go from good to horrible in ten seconds flat

Here's some pics of our spot before we leave...

Looking right from our chairs...

and left...further up the beach towards the boardwalk...

And back towards Lizzie's...

It didn't take long before Daddy's little girl was in Daddy's arms LOL!

Picture limit again!

Last edited by Timon; 01-30-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 03:16 PM   #249
Timon

DIS Junkie

Day 11 - Part 3 - Back to the ship, see ya, St. Maarten!

When we got back to the water taxi, there were tons of people there already so we just waited for the next taxi because I hate being herded!

Thankfully, it's a shaded area!

The beach right at the water taxi dock. We might just camp out here next time, seems like less waves!

Rob carried her all the way back to the ship! What a great Daddy

I tried one last time to no avail

And back to our lovely and huge ship!

Where Kira instantly perked up!

We got some lunch from Flo's and took turns taking showers. We relaxed in the room until 5:30pm
Old 01-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #250
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Mama always knows best why our kids aren't feeling good but it was a nice beach! Okay, back to the very beginning, how much do we love love love! Rob's Mickey jammie's!!! OMG Rob you just rock around here. Not lovin that pretty much burnt toast either, I am so fussy when it comes to how lightly it needs to be done. We've only done a Western cruise, so I'm loving these pictures so far, okay now when don't I love your pics. More please!
Old 01-30-2014, 04:37 PM   #251
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Wow, what great pics of everything! St Maarten looks beautiful, I definitely need to do that itinerary.
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

monica23535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:44 PM   #252
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon View Post
Day 5 - Part 7 - Boutique!

Let's continue with the pampering, shall we?

Her face says it all!

When it came time for the face gem, Brittany said she had the perfect spot for it Kira did not agree LOL!

The very last part...putting the sash on...

I should mention that there was a very nice Photopass photographer that was walking around taking photos of all the girls (and one boy!) as they were being made up. He was very good at stopping by often and just between me and you, I think he enjoyed using the bands instead of the card because everyone else was using a card and he seemed to come back to us a lot

Unfortunately, he kind of got in my way a little for the big reveal and looking at the pics, he did not get a good reveal pic. So, here's mine...

Brittany quickly realized that she had forgotten to give Kira back her glasses, so she really couldn't see that well so when she put them on, it was like a second reveal

Brittany packed up the unused supplies into her own little BBB bag and gave them to Kira while I paid the bill. It was worth every penny I tell ya!!

She immediately took off the bag and the sash but she loved walking around the rest of the day all done up

It was a GREAT experience that I will keep on booking for her as long as she wants to do it
Sooo adorable. She looks like she had so much fun!!!
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #253
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

I just finished reading your trip report and it was the best ever!! I really enjoyed reading it. Your server sounds so rude! I probably wouldn't have been able to hold back and would've said something to him!! You have a beautiful family and hope to read more reports. Thanks!!
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov., 2014 CSR Sept.
disnut1149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:08 AM   #254
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Isn't the back of the Epic ugly? We had it in port with us in 2011 and I was just amazed at how boxy it is. I took pictures but those were on the SD card i lost in no mans land somewhere.

Your beach day looks fanastic! I would love to get there some day. Claire is all about beaches too. I am not very beachy, but if I can cool off in the water here and there I am good. You got some amazing pictures!
We have issues with pictures too. They will be sad in 20 years when they look back and see them.

Of course we have this picture from 2008. We laugh so hard everytime we see it now.

Breakfast looks delicious. Must be getting close to lunch time as my tummy is rumbling.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:50 AM   #255
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Great pictures of your RC breakfast and St. Maarten. Kira looks VERY happy playing in the ocean.
Your pics brought back a lot of happy memories. We were there just last summer and we cannot wait to go back.
Thanks for sharing.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: