Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2014, 10:39 AM   #16
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoghann View Post
As popular as many of these meet and greets are I'm surprised they don't all have FP+ options actually.

I was thinking the same thing about Tinkerbell's Nook the other day. I have a kid who will want to do that next time we go and it's likely to be one of the longest lines we deal with all day.

Completely agree. Which needs FP+ more? The Anna & Elsa meet and greet....or Captain EO? Tinkerbells Nook or Small World?

mcd2745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #17
Eoghann
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745

Completely agree. Which needs FP+ more? The Anna & Elsa meet and greet....or Captain EO? Tinkerbells Nook or Small World?
I read some interesting rumors last night. Seems that the lack of FP+ may be due to location.

Apparently there's a rumored plan to move Tinkerbell to the Town Square Theater because there's no room for a FP line where she is.

Anna & Elsa were supposed to be temporary so no allowance for FP there either. What they have done is changed from a 30 on 30 off schedule to taking only 5 minute breaks though.

I guess if the popularity continues we may see a new permanent spot for them?
Eoghann is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2014, 12:49 PM   #18
jessicabb
Earning My Ears

We heard through our travel agent that by the time we go in June, Elsa and Anna may be moved to Magic Kingdom. If so, it will change our plans a little bit, but if they're still in Epcot, we have breakfast reservations at Askershus and one of us will be ready at rope drop to go stand in line for 2 hours. There will be 3 adults so hopefully we can switch off if we need to so it won't seem as long. The things we do for our children! LOL.
June 2014 - Pop Century
jessicabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:48 PM   #19
princesspeaony
Have Champagne, will travel!

Forgive me, as I'm new to this topic, but do the sisters NOT appear at the Akershus breakfast? Thanks!
princesspeaony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 02:09 PM   #20
Montyrob
Mouseketeer

No you get Belle, Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella And Aurora

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 01-30-2014, 01:06 AM   #21
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

That's too bad I have breakfast reservations there next month
jamarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 08:44 PM   #22
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicabb View Post
We heard through our travel agent that by the time we go in June, Elsa and Anna may be moved to Magic Kingdom.
This is not true - Anna and Elsa are remaining at Epcot indefinitely.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:45 AM   #23
Caribbeanprincess
Princess of the Caribbean Seas

I think it would be a great idea to have Elsa and Anna great at Arkeshus since it is Norway. As for a FP+ line, I don't think the location they're in now would allow it. It's tiny. They'd have to move to a newer location with more space to be able to do that.

Me 25 ~[SIZE="1"][COLOR="lime"]Trips: April 1996 - Offsite ~ July 1998 - Offsite ~ April 2006 - Offsite ~ December 2007 - Offsite ~ December 2008 -Disney's BoardWalk Inn ~ June 2009 - Disney's AllStar Music ~ December/January 2010-2011 - Disney's AllStar Movies ~ December 2011 - Pop Century ~ December 2012 - Pop Century
Caribbeanprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:52 PM   #24
TheSweetestThing
Earning My Ears

I read on another board that they are being added to the new parade at Magic Kingdom, so maybe they will show up there now.
TheSweetestThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:53 PM   #25
jetsdude
Earning My Ears

There is absolutely NO way they are getting rid of them they are way to popular. Just look at the opening day pin, it originally sold for about $14 and now sells on eBay from $30 up. The merchandising Disney has on this movie is amazing.
jetsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:31 AM   #26
whodat1229
Earning My Ears

I hope they stay!

We are planning a trip for December. My girl is dying to meet them! I know it's a long way off, but I was trying to decide if breakfast at Akershus is the way to go, and then staking out my spot in line immediately after. Do they let you do that if World Showcase isn't open for the day yet? or do they redirect you back to WS entrance? I can't remember how it works at Epcot...doesn't WS usually open later?
whodat1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:54 PM   #27
jamarmiller
Mouseketeer

they didnt make me leave the area. Its roped off so you cant go beyond norway but once you finish breakfast I think you can at least stand there. I havent been to breakfast there in about a year, but I got reservations already for a couple of weeks from now. My kids have not seen Frozen yet ( I live in Japan ) so thank god they dont know about it LOL
jamarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:40 PM   #28
mousehappync
Earning My Ears

This could have been a COMPLETE fluke, so please don't plan around it, but we had friends there last week and they took their daughter at the "end of the day" (sorry, I haven't been able to clarify what that was, but I think it was right before park closing. Double check that they meet right up until park close.) I would aim for about an hour before their last meet on a low-crowd day and see if you can sneak in-- they waited 20 minutes!

When we were there in January the line was insane--I am always pretty thankful I have boys when it comes to scheduling princess meets
mousehappync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #29
Sandyt05
Earning My Ears

Any updates on seeing Elsa and Anna? Has anyone had breakfast reservations in the morning then went to get in line to see them? Where would you go to wait in line to see them? This is our plan. Our breakfast reservation is at 8:15 the beginning of May.

Thanks!
Sandyt05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #30
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyt05 View Post
Any updates on seeing Elsa and Anna? Has anyone had breakfast reservations in the morning then went to get in line to see them? Where would you go to wait in line to see them? This is our plan. Our breakfast reservation is at 8:15 the beginning of May.

Thanks!

All reports are that it is still pretty insane - about 4 hours on average. In fact, many reports also of people making early breakfast ADRs at Akershus just to get in the park early and blowing off the breakfast completely, swallowing the no-show fee, and just going straight to the Anna & Elsa queue.

They really need to do something about this - like add another m&g somewhere at MK to alleviate this.

mcd2745 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: